What's new

Smoothest coaster?

Ben

CF Legend
Venom2053 said:
I can say I've ridden one wooden coaster and say I don't like them,

No.

You can say you dislike that one. You can't say you dislike them ALL. That's pure **** and chips in terms of logic.

Stop dismissing things you DON'T know about. Because, it's clear you don't.

TilenB

Strata Poster
^ agreed, for me the smoothest coaster so far was Raptor in Gardaland. B&M clamshells <3

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Here are a few coasters that i think are pretty much butter smooth in no particular order

Blue Fire
Tatsu
Manta
Air
Expedition Everest
Vogel Rok
Colorado Adventure
Cheetah Hunt
Goliath, WH and SFMM
Expedition GeForce
Black Mamba
Oblivion
Krake
Balder
Klotti Coaster
Raptor, Gardaland

and i have probably forgotten a few which i may add at a later date.

bmac

Giga Poster
Well El Toro got removed from my butter smooth coaster list today, and so did Bizarro. Nitro on the other hand <3.

Other mentions*: Griffon, Apollo's, Skyrush, Gemini, and Dragon Coaster @ Rye.

*I guess I'm too picky about butter smooth .-.

Jer

Strata Poster
The smoothest rides from recent memory

Phoenix @ Knoebels
Bizzaro @ SFNE
Wooden Warrior @ Quassy
Jokers Jinx @ SFA
El Toro @ SFGAdv

Notice how many of them are woodies, Also they are in order of smoothest, to not as smooth but still above average.

BBH

Giga Poster
I don't think I've ever had a bad experience on a B&M. They're all amazing. On the other hand, all of the Arrows on the planet can be scrapped.

Nick P

Mega Poster
bmac said:
Well El Toro got removed from my butter smooth coaster list today, and so did Bizarro. Nitro on the other hand <3.

Other mentions*: Griffon, Apollo's, Skyrush, Gemini, and Dragon Coaster @ Rye.

*I guess I'm too picky about butter smooth .-.

I do recall Skyrush being a bit bumpy in the back. I'm not sure what it was from(anyone know?), but there were some moderate vibrations that were quite noticeable.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
It sounds very bizarre, but I would place Viper very high on the list. Yes, it is an Arrow. Yes it is a multi looper. Which makes it all the more astonishing.

You have your usual rumble from high g-force's, but all things considered it is a more comfortable ride than most.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
BBH said:
I don't think I've ever had a bad experience on a B&M. They're all amazing. On the other hand, all of the Arrows on the planet can be scrapped.

Again, you cannot write off an entire coaster manufacturer based off of one ride (Demon, I'm guessing?). There are Arrow coasters out there that are in fact quite smooth. Tennessee Tornado, from my experience, is as smooth or smoother than many of the Intamins I've ridden. Magnum XL-200 has also held up fairly well.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Phoenix was great though im not sure if it was legit smooth or if it was just I was suspended in air the majority of the rise so I couldn't tell. Shambhala was smoother than glass as was leviathan.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Agreed. Kumba was really rough when I rode it. As was khan actually though nowhere near kumbas level though

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2