What's new

Smoothest coaster?

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
^ and Nemesis is another good example. Not too bad for coaster that's going on nearly 20 years, but it's still not as smooth as it was when it opened.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
I'm going to second furie on the first page, defiantly Millenium Coaster at Fantasy Island. It's nuts because it looks like it should be rough as hell, being an old, poorly designed Vekoma. But you can barely feel the ride.

Intricks

Strata Poster
I remember Ravine Flyer II being smooth one of the handful of times I rode it. Another smooth ride that happened would be Rolling Thunder, and that is only due to how I was sitting in it (**** hilarious as my belt was buckled and the bar was down, but the ride op and seat checker asked me several times if I was fine to ride). Comet at Hershey was scary smooth.

For steel, Diamondback, Ninja at SFoG, Sky Rocket, Canyon Blaster, Dominator and Goliath at SFoG were all smooth.

Switching between the hideouts'...

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
I'd say Behemoth, and Skeikra. Though i don't mind be thrown around a bit. Just keep me away from the woodies :lol: I don't think there is such thing as a smooth woodie.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Venom3547356467 said:
I rode Gwazi and found it just as horrible as any other woodie. Don't get me wrong they're fun just don't compare to a B&M invert or Dive Machine.

You're basing your entire argument on one (well ok, two before anyone claps their hands in joy at catching me out) coaster, which is frankly ridiculous.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
gavin said:
You're basing your entire argument on one (well ok, two before anyone claps their hands in joy at catching me out) coaster, which is frankly ridiculous.

Thats true I've only ridden 2 GCI's, but I've ridden 9 wooden coasters in total, and I just can't get over how shaky and rough they are. I still ride them, I would never re-ride them and they probably won't make my top 10, unless i i ride Boulder Dash and wows me like it has with many CFers.

Intricks

Strata Poster
^ The three GCI that I have knowingly ridden (as I CBA to check all the wooden coasters Ive been on atm) were an acceptable amount of rough, except for Wildcat (**** you wildcat, that second half is comparable to Mean Streak ><). The Milleniun Flyer trains didnt do a damn thing to make the ride smoother feeling, as they seem to do, then again, I was sitting in the back for all the rides so that COULD have affected the ride itself.

I also rode the three after riding Comet a few times and getting a scarily smooth ride everytime I rode it.

Switching between the hideouts'...

Ben

CF Legend
Venom2053 said:
gavin said:

Thats true I've only ridden 2 GCI's, but I've ridden 9 wooden coasters in total, and I just can't get over how shaky and rough they are. I still ride them, I would never re-ride them and they probably won't make my top 10, unless i i ride Boulder Dash and wows me like it has with many CFers.

aqk4d7o00cbdfp03l4i66i.jpg

This exists and therefore your argument is invalid. You have been on a tiny selection of crap woodies, stop dismissing the entire type before you've actually ridden some good ones.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
Ben said:
This exists and therefore your argument is invalid. You have been on a tiny selection of crap woodies, stop dismissing the entire type before you've actually ridden some good ones.

Its not a argument its an opinion, I'm not trying to prove they are better than steel or that they are all rough and terrible. Personally I feel the ones that I have ridden are just not as fun as steel, and I am sure they're are some better ones out there and until I ride them that won't be changing. Its all about personal tastes.

Which coaster is the one above?

Ben

CF Legend
Venom2053 said:
Its not a argument its an opinion, I'm not trying to prove they are better than steel or that they are all rough and terrible. Personally I feel the ones that I have ridden are just not as fun as steel, and I am sure they're are some better ones out there and until I ride them that won't be changing. Its all about personal tastes.

Um, you said.

I don't think there is such thing as a smooth woodie.

As in, anywhere. In the World. As in, not only the ones you'd ridden. As in, this is completely wrong. As in, your opinion is founded on ignorance and is therefore not valid.

Opinions can be invalid, you know.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
My opinion is founded on the coasters I have ridden it may not as many as you Ben, but it still enough for me to formulate a opinion on wooden coasters. Yes, I can see why you think my opinion is invalid, but as much as I'd like to change it its not. I can't say there is a smooth woodie if I haven't ridden one that would IGNORANT, in order to say its smooth I would ride it...not judge from other peoples opinions.

Compared to your to ride count, mine is much smaller, that just means I have more to explore and judge on my own not that I'm Ignorant.

Ben

CF Legend
Um, I think you have the brain capacity to acknowledge the existence of something without experiencing it, surely?

I haven't jumped out of a plane, but, I know the experience exists. I can't tell you what it's like like someone who has experienced it would be able to, but, I know the experience exists!

You clearly HAVEN'T been on enough wooden coasters to form an opinion on them, because your opinion is unfounded and uninformed and thus, invalid.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
How do I know its smooth I'm not going to judge that on what you've said I'll ride it myself before I say its smooth. I can say I've ridden one wooden coaster and say I don't like them, and when the day comes that I ride one that I like then my dislike may change. Until then I'm not going to say I like wooden coasters just because I know one that is smooth (based on what others have told me) exists. That would be trusting someone else's opinion which unfortunately is not always that same as my own. Everyone has the ride to an opinion Ben, and I know you don't like mine ;)