What's new

Six Flags Magic Mountain | Twisted Colossus | RMC Iron Horse

Re: Six Flags Magic Mountain | Twisted Colossus | RMC Iron H

Well, it'll be a mix between speed, a trick track, and those tiny hills on the tops of Wacky Worms. I think it'll be weird in a good way. It'll probably have a bit of floater airtime with a bit of lat. G's.

I really hope I can go to California someday so I can ride this!

To me they just look like a really fun and silly way to kick off the ride. I don't think it'll be anything amazing (don't think it will have any floater of noticeable lats), it's just a wacky little thing.

Expecting anything other than crazy goodness from RMC is just silly at this point.

California has a higher structure code for wooden coasters due to earthquakes, maybe with the steel track they don't have to adhere to those standards as much, even though it's a wooden structure.

Part of it (if that is the final structure) may have to do with the lack of downward G's as the train goes over the crest of the drop. Look at Alpina Blitz as a prime example: supports aren't necessary where the forces are negative.

Regarding those humps it depends on how quickly it'll go over them. It could either be fun or torture.

Tbh the ultimate creeps over its bunny hops and you do get a bit of air.

Hmmm, not sure if I like blue track. Orange us sort of their trademark and appears more striking. And subtly it's one step down from danger red.

However, it's still sexy to look at.

^The blue would have looked better if it were darker such as navy but it looks rather nice IMO. The green on the other hand just looks horrible, especially with purple cars demonstrated in the video.

I love the green colour to be honest. It's a much more striking colour than the blue - it's a shame they didn't have the green for Medusa's track in Mexico.

Lofty said:
it's a shame they didn't have the green for Medusa's track in Mexico.

That actually would have looked bad ass. Especially with dark color supports.

Some photos found on TPR

thumb_image_10033.jpg

thumb_081_67.jpg

thumb_116_66.jpg

thumb_109_77.jpg

thumb_093_48.jpg

thumb_066_92.jpg

thumb_068_77.jpg

Loving the colours! It really pops against the white, would love to try this out in the near future. :)

The ride looks fantastic. I can't wait to ride it tbh.

The two colours look fantastic next to each other, I'm really excited to see how this turns out!

It looks.....odd.

I think I like it. The contrast with ther colours on the other rides is great.

Here's a couple more shots of the first drop.

10923589_792864594083996_8816993859656041927_n.jpg

10891436_792864630750659_474313715871235095_n.jpg

10926431_792864644083991_3741344343122689005_n.jpg

I think overall this will be more of a "fun" and rerideable coaster than Wicked Cyclone. The goofy hills at the beginning, the twisty drop, and especially the racing aspect will help make it more of a blast. (That being said, I still think Wicked Cyclone will be better)

Fantastic pictures of TC. I'm saving a little bit of my vacation time to go and visit back home when this coaster opens up finally! Always looking out for these updates and get so excited seeing the progress!