What's new

Six Flags Magic Mountain | Twisted Colossus | RMC Iron Horse

Re: Six Flags Magic Mountain | Twisted Colossus | RMC Iron H

The supports are looking better.

I can't wait to ride!

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

I wish they'd have painted the silver beams white to fit with the rest of the wooden structure though - they're so **** ugly at the moment.

The green drop looks better than the blue drop.

GuyWithAStick said:
The supports are looking better.
Didn't even notice them until now. You can see the difference in color of the new and old supports (new ones are a more bold white and old ones are a faded white).

The colors look fantastic, wasn't too sure as time was going on, but with the fresh white, yes please.

Is it just me or does construction on this seem to be moving really slowly?

It feels like it has taken forever for the drops to be done, and Wicked Cyclone seems to be coming along much quicker.

Is it just me? I know SFMM have never been in a rush to build things but come on I want to see it done!

Ben said:
Is it just me or does construction on this seem to be moving really slowly?

It feels like it has taken forever for the drops to be done, and Wicked Cyclone seems to be coming along much quicker.

Is it just me? I know SFMM have never been in a rush to build things but come on I want to see it done!

SFMM NEVERS opens anything new on "time" to say, as everyone knows. This goes back to Goliath, which opened in Februrary. Now, I'm not sure if this was to beat Millennium Force and Steel Dragon, but a February opening? Deja Vu opened a few months late (August I recall), X opened over a year late, Scream was May, which for a parking lot coaster better be the case. Tatsu was a 2 year project, which is why it opened "on time" and Terminator opened close. We all know Full Suckage delayed majorly, and this is on track to open later than anticipated.

I remember seeing they claimed the fire helped, which everyone knew was bull ****. Don't expect this to be open until July or August, and then a month after that it will be single train operation with trains being torn apart for parts (looking at you Tatsu).

California construction is **** idiotic. It seems as if there is a cloud in the sky, they stop working.

^^^ Not to mention SFMM doesn't have to put up with a New England winter.

I imagine the fire played into build speed, but SFMM has never been notorious for it's quick build times.

And these colors are still straight out of RCT... and I love it!

In the interview Jerry did with Alan Shilke(or however you spell his name) at IAAPA, Alan said that the fire was just a publicity stunt, so I think it sped up the construction, as I'd assume if it weren't for the fire, RMC would've had to manually redo the lift, delaying the ride further.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

I know this isn't exactly news on Twisted Colossus although it was news that came with its announcement, Scream! getting a paint job and it looks like from this grainy photo that it will get bright orange supports and a BTR kind of blue for the track. What do you guys think of it?
fullsizerender_0.jpg

Reminds me of BGW's new coaster..

Some better photos of its repaint.

image_10267.jpg

image_10268.jpg

thumb_image_10269.jpg

thumb_image_10270.jpg

thumb_image_10271.jpg

And on the note of Twisted Colossus...

The blue to green transistion before the second lift hil has started going up!
thumb_10344173_851897914853449_7312875400235932866_o.jpg

thumb_image_10255.jpg

thumb_image_10254.jpg

All looking really good so far :p

Scream looks so much better, lets hope the California sun doesn't bleach it.

Paint job on Scream has officially made it give up its spot as, in my opinion, the most hideous coaster ever. Really liking the colors, really wish they'd put grass or at least gravel below it. And rebrand it so it isn't so tacky. Still a **** ride though.

All this aside, though, Colossus's transition looks great and the colors blend so nicely! Really liking the look of this. When I was there that section of the park was one of the worst (and that's really saying something) so seeing it cleaned up a bit would be great. :)

If they would get rid of the damn pavement beneath the ride, it wouldn't be so ugly. The colors werent bad but lord baby jesus did I hate below that.

Here's a look at one of the cars on site. Very bright and colorful.

10974440_10153139653557125_603809246728052985_o.jpg

That's a different car from IAPPA too isn't it, cool that each train will have different colours.

Damn those shin bars! The ONLY drawback from those trains.