What's new

Six Flags Magic Mountain | Twisted Colossus | RMC Iron Horse

SFMM Colossus to Close: Reign of the Wooden King Ends

They did not even open both sides on its final day which is a bit of a let down.

I think they will just join the sides and have it as one ride, no point having two sides if you just run one.

When we went this had a short queue yet the longest wait due to the stupid one train running.

Re: SFMM Colossus to Close: Reign of the Wooden King Ends

Just wait for it to be brand new and all but one train in pieces in storage shed

^^Same last week. I seem to be one of the lucky few who got both sides a few years ago, but with signs everywhere for its final week, and the biggest line at the park, they still had it on one train a week before closing.

The rest of the park was running really well though, so maybe it's not an operational thing.

^When we went all the other coasters were fine as well just this one, could they only run one train at a time I really don't know and tbh it does not matter now lol.

I was still surprised to see both sides of Superman and Drop of doom operating this year. How long that will last, I don't know.

Colossus could have had issues operating both trains at the same time? Too much stress maybe? Not to get all technical or anything but it could have been a part of the deciding factor to bring Colossus to an end.

2015 - Twisted Colossus - (8/26/14) Coaster-Net did some incredible digging into the official Six Flags website and using their knowledge of Drupal, the content management system Six Flags uses for it, apparently they were able to pull the names for many of the new 2015 attractions to be announced on Thursday.
According to their report the new name for the cyborg/hybrid version of Colossus in 2015 will be Twisted Colossus. Not sure I like that one… Iron Colossus just had a nice ring to it to me. Maybe even paint it black and called Dark Colossus… but Twisted Colossus? Ehhhh… ok… maybe it will grow on me.
I’m hearing an early rumor that the first drop on Twisted Colossus may be a very epic new creation you won’t soon forget. According to the early rumor, the trains may actually roll you over upside-down before taking a damn near vertical drop, where they will continue to twist and roll you around 180º to face forward once again before pulling out. I’m picturing this to be something kind of like the twisted roll-drop you get on Top Thrill Dragster or Kingda Ka, but entering into it like Gatekeeper. Sounds “Twisted” doesn’t it? Ok, maybe the name does fit...

Screamscape typically is right the few days before the ride is announced, and if this is true? Well I'm **** ecstatic. Sounds like it could be a launch as well.

I can envision the drop in my head, but will be intrigued if true, how tight that transition would have to be.

And as always - bring back the double down! :razz:

So twisted colossus it is and wow the pictures online make it look great. One train going over the other, let's just hope that happens and they don't have problems like on dragons.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFWnSA33UOo[/youtube]

I love it! Especially the part where one track inverts over the other. That looks seriously awesome.
And also the fact that they'll keep the signature first drop almost exactly as it was. I know that it might bring some disappointment to some of you, but I think it was really good and iconic, so I'm glad that they're not completely slaughtering it.
I'm just a bit disappointed over the overall track length. I expected it to be significantly longer (now the overall track length (both sides) is just a *bit* longer than one side used to be).

I am completely in love with this coaster. The layout, the colours, the dueling, the ride length, everything. Six Flags Magic Mountains coaster selection is going to be even more ridiculously good. I never thought the park would get a coaster that might actually be an X2 beater for me.

Ill have to watch when I actually get up, but love initial impression. Shame no double down, but this park was desperate for airtime and they got it.

Is it linked together or is it two coasters?

Looks like it's linked together so you go round the blue side, then the green side, before disembarking. Or they've been very creative with the whole "four minutes" ride time.

But **** me that looks incredible.

^ it is indeed a möbius coaster.

Intrigued by the layout, and love the interweaving of the inversions.

One downside to the dialing interaction is that sfmm would need to dispatch consistently, unless there is some sort of tech built into the lift hill to ensure a match.

^ Is it a möbius, though? Because you don't really return to the station after the 1st lap, but rather directly continue on to the second part of the ride.

SFMM Colossus to Close: Reign of the Wooden King Ends

It must be or how else can they load two trains and dispatch them at the same time? Or unless they send the 2nd train when the first one gets to a certain section.

Wonder how many trains there will be, I hope it's not just two or the through put is going to be slow.

I think it looks great btw it's the first one of these I've actually liked the look of.

marc said:
I think it looks great btw it's the first one of these I've actually liked the look of.

Same. The inversions over the other train, love those bits. Looks like a fun ride.

peep said:
marc said:

Same. The inversions over the other train, love those bits. Looks like a fun ride.

Agreed. I don't like how many RMCs are being made at the moment. Haven't been on one, but a GCI or gravity group woodie appeals much more to me. This definitely looks like the best one in my opinion.

Can't wait for Wildfire to open so I can finally see what the fuss is about.