What's new

Six Flags Magic Mountain | "Full Throttle" | multi launch

Re: Six Flags Magic Mountain | "Full Throttle" | multi launc

^ ha! I love Tropic Thunder.

It looks ehh. The uniqueness is the best thing it has going for it. The layout isn't good, but it is better than a Log ride.

People are going to like it. People are going to not like it.

That's the way it goes with building roller coasters at world renowned amusement parks.

Hyde244 said:
People are going to like it. People are going to not like it.

That's the way it goes with building roller coasters at world renowned amusement parks.

Precisely, and my outlandish behavior is because everyone is passing judgement before they even get to sit their ass into the ass holsters.

I'm not saying it's going to be amazing. I'm not saying it's going to be ****. I'm saying that I'm not saying anything about the experience until I physically ride this monstrasterpiece.

^ Take a look at every roller coaster ever built - of course people are going to pass judgement before they ride. That is the point of being a roller coaster enthusiast, right? :wink:

The best we can hope for is that the judgement we pass is limited, such as "oh yeah, that's cool" or "meh," and leave it there. You're right, only so much can be determined from a few photos and 10 seconds of video of one element.

We've all been there, where we delve too much into the blue prints, layouts, and computer renderings. While it can definitely be fun to attempt such analysis (again, we're coaster geeks), the true roller coaster experience can not be deciphered from statistics or pixels on a screen.

Just as the tides come and go, so does the scrutiny of new roller coasters.

I just always find it funny when people tell you how much a ride is going to suck over and over and over again as if they're trying to convince themselves and others. It's actually kind of silly and over dramatic imo.

People said Gold Striker was going to be lame based on how it looked. It wasn't. This forum is full of "going to be lame" posts about coasters. After awhile it just becomes noise. To me it comes off more "hipster" and "I'm too cool" than coaster enthusiast.

Sure, people can have jaded opinions about coasters just by looking at them. It's human nature. Does that mean we have to take them seriously? I think not.

Full Throttle looks like fun. A ride that will thrill the park's main demo.

It's not necessarily the passing judgement bit. A "meh" or "cool" comment here and there is perfectly alright, but it's when you get into saying "This ride is going to look like total ****." with only a digital rendering of the ride being present, or saying the same thing within the rides first handful of test runs is where I start to have problem.

You've basically just sworn off the whole coaster right then and there, and when you repeatedly enter the topic with that attitude is exactly the kind of thing that just bugs the **** out of the rest of us.

^ Yep, it quickly becomes noise and rather obnoxious actually. I don't like wing coasters to save my life. But I'm not spamming the CP thread with my negativity either. I simply will keep the line shorter for everyone else by not going out and riding it.

It's perfectly okay to not be interested in a ride based on what you've seen. It's quite another to be a big ole drama queen about it. Because after awhile, your opinion begins to not mean a thing.

tomahawKSU said:
From DAY ONE I SAID THIS LOOKS LIKE CRAP. It hasn't changed. I could care less if it's test 1 or 1000, because you still get a good idea if it's going to be a good ride. Case in point, Tatsu, it TORE through the course on it's first test. Gatekeeper looked awesome in it's first test video. A lot of the rides that are typically referred to as good, you can tell from the beginning, and it isn't just fanboy love/hate. Even if it goes 15 mph faster over the tophat, any thrill is gone with those brakes. If the brakes started at the bottom, you know, where they should, then it could be a good addition. Instead. ****.

Also, Ethan, everytime you reply to a post, you make a post regarding Kansas sucking or lack of rides, etc. so hardly uncalled for. Just tired of it.

Er...where to start??

Tatsu, did not tear through the course first time, it had its training wheels on, just like gatekeeper.... Not long ago when gatekeeper was testing, a lot of people were complaining that it looked slow, lacked forces etc....
A small increase in speed can make a world of difference to a ride, like gatekeeper and Full Throttle.

And for the love of god, not the "log jammer was so good" boring **** again.... Here are the facts, log jammer was rotten, it needed a complete repair, it leaked hundreds of gallons of water, was a black hole money pit and didn't draw great crowds towards the end. It needed replacing.... The ride cost something insane like 12,000$ a DAY to run!! No wonder they scrapped the thing!

So because you said that you didnt like it from day one, you are stubbornly sticking to your guns?
Even though you are often proved wrong?

No offence but you come across as a bit of a tool, who is often wrong but will argue about it grasping at whatever straws your little girl hands can reach..... Now admit that you don't know how good it is because you haven't ridden it, ok?
Good boy!

Yeah Tom. Stop having an opinion, it's a sin acording to our lord jesus Xpress and his apostles Wildmouse and Ethan.

It does look a bit cack like though. Actually it's more... weird, like they wanted to build in a bigger space than what they had.

Youngster Joey said:
Of course but I'm pretty sure that was not what marcus was implying. In fact I'm not quite sure what that has anything to do with what marcus said.

Everyone else seemed to understand. Not sure how that petty comment was needed tbh.
I honestly think, like most others, that it'll probably be kinda fun, but not mindblowing and worth the 4 hour queue.

So let me get this straight. We can't pass judgement because we haven't ridden it? Well.. no. We can. That's why we are enthusiasts.

Opinion is opinion. I don't believe in religion in any form, even the ones I haven't tried. I'll tell you if I feel the need and move on because I know that won't change anything and at the end of the day, I don't really give a **** what you believe. If you try to convert me or tell me I'm wrong for believing so, you just look like a stupid preachy bastard trying to change someones opinion for no reason other then justification of your own opinion.

So at the end of the day, **** off really.

tomhawk can believe what he want, I can believe what I want, Xpress can believe what he wants. But don't you say people are wrong for believing what they do because you believe the opposite because you are indeed a complete **** for trying to do so. Discussing the reasons why? Sure! Be a group of grown ups about it. Having an argument? SURE! It's why we are here. But don't go all troll about it.

Bottom line.

People can argue what the ride LOOKS like all day long. Until someone has ridden it, it means next to nothing.

Newtrek5 said:
Until someone has ridden it, it means next to nothing.

Even when somebody HAS ridden it, it still means nothing. It's still down to personal opinion, preference and experience.

A Big Apple is the best roller coaster in the world to the man who has only ever been on a Big Apple ;)

^ Haha....touche.

I remember a few months ago when the video from the first test run of Rattler went live. People said that looked slow and boring. I was like, WTF? Is this an enthusiasts board or a GP board. Surely enthusiasts would know that first test runs mean jack **** wouldn't they? Same with Gold Striker and Gatekeeper.

So pardon me, if I can't take the negativity seriously.

But Rattler underperformed and Gatekeeper was full of meh.. just like I said.. lol

Newtrek5 said:
I remember a few months ago when the video from the first test run of Rattler went live. People said that looked slow and boring.

Cause it is slow and boring. I speak from experience!

Iron Rattler was likely the worst of the three rmc's, and Gatekeeper I have no opinion of.

My two cents on that.

Sent from Applejack while out and about.

HOW DARE I DIFFER IN OPINION! Oh lawdy lawdy massa don't bring on the lashings! I promise I'll do whatevas you say next time!

I'll stick with my opinions thank you very much.

Really guys??? Grow a pair and stop this stupidness..
Opinions are opinions... Why get a rear up?

One likes it, one hates... Personally, I like it. :)