What's new

Six Flags Magic Mountain | "Full Throttle" | multi launch

Re: Six Flags Magic Mountain | "Full Throttle" | multi launc

I'd much rather watch Epic Meal Time.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87YJ5t2JQaM[/youtube]

The timing of Full Throttle simply feels completely off.

GateKeeper has opened, Gold Striker has opened, Iron Rattler has opened, Outlaw Run has opened, Smiler has opened, the Six Flags Sky Screamers are opened, and even SFStl's Boomerang is about to open.

... Yet Full Throttle is still testing!? My attention has simply been spent on ride openings.

Hmmm. In 2011 Green Lantern didn't open until July, and Lex Luther didn't open until July 2012. What's with SFMM opening their new coasters late?

I would imagine that since SFMM operates throughout the year, unlike seasonal parks, there is less incentive open rides "on time" with other parks.

Even if Full Throttle opened in July, it would still be able to operate throughout the winter, ultimately seeing more operational days than new additions to seasonal parks. For instance, GateKeeper will only operate from May 13 to October 27 - just over 5 months.

^Not really. MM drops to Sat/Sun only on September 2nd. They add Fridays in October, and a couple holidays to the total, but they've really lost a lot of days considering that daily ops started in March.

In that case, I would still imagine the operational days add up to equal the total days of a seasonal schedule.

Xpress said:
According to a webpage that should not be mentioned on these forums... (I haven't found a video myself)

397415_10152886455555206_1208420465_n.jpg

389253_10152886459415206_1170465261_n.jpg

The loop looked huge in person, but that picture certainly reinforces the notion.

Yeah. It's only just hit me the actual size of that loop…

I know there are lots of concerns about operations and stuff, but I think the ride looks really cool. It's very different and actually quite impressive for a "smaller installation". I really like the idea and look of the ride.

It's looking good. Although I still haven't got very high expectations for the ride, I'm sure it'll be fun.

Sanchezmran said:
Hmmm. In 2011 Green Lantern didn't open until July, and Lex Luther didn't open until July 2012. What's with SFMM opening their new coasters late?

My initial assumption is that they are saving the opening for the peak of the season which occurs June-August to draw in the most crowds possible. Sure as hell seems like a mid July opening is certainly possible considering the scale of theming they tend to do (which, lets be honest, is just going to be the Queue, an exit path, and a block of concrete with tin roof sheeting and some lights/TV's at the most).

I'll wait to ride it in september.

Haha, OMG, that looks shiiiiiiiiite. I actually liked the look of this until I saw that video. LOL.

Yeah that wasn't great. Is that at full speed though?
At least you'll get some airtime at the back on the way down maybe...

Can see this stalling at some point. Didn't think it was 'that' bad though.

I believe it hasn't got the soft wheels on yet or that they're not launching at full speed yet. If it's neither of those two then this ride is going to be pants.

And God dammit, those bleeding brakes down that hill just...fudge off!

Am I allowed to say this looks like a pile of ****? Since I've been saying it since it was announced. Any "shock" potential this had is ruined with those **** brakes all the way up. What an absolute garbage ride.