What's new

Six Flags Magic Mountain | "Full Throttle" | multi launch

Re: Six Flags Magic Mountain | "Full Throttle" | multi launc

It will most likely get faster as they swap over to soft wheels and break in the ride.

With any luck, there will be intriguing floater on that loop.

tomahawKSU said:
Am I allowed to say this looks like a pile of ****? Since I've been saying it since it was announced. Any "shock" potential this had is ruined with those **** brakes all the way up. What an absolute garbage ride.

To be fair it's not yet testing at full speed.

It's not like it will be going THAT much faster over though. It's still gonna suck.

That was a test launch from a complete stop in the tunnel. As I said before, if the ride doesn't make it over the top hat, it can relaunch from a dead stop and still make it over the top hat. Both trains can also occupy the tunnel at the same time if there is a roll back.

I saw this in person today. It looks amazing, but they don't look nearly ready to be opening this any time.

How well it rides? I don't know, I think it'll be crappy, but it'll always look good. ;)

-------
Here are two pictures I snapped today.
One of the loop, I think it looks aesthetically pretty great:
DSCN0325_zpsf153bea1.jpg

One of the station (this picture is crappy), but this looks like a pretty **** station:
DSCN0326_zps1922be6e.jpg

Newsflash: First test runs of new coaster are slow. Enthusiasts scramble to be the first to say, "that looks ****."

****, you people bore me.

tomahawKSU said:
It's not like it will be going THAT much faster over though. It's still gonna suck.

Look, I know it's hard for you living in a dull state in the US, but some other people just have better coasters! Fact :wink:

Re: RE: Six Flags Magic Mountain | "Full Throttle" | multi l

SFMM was my most visited park for essentially the past 20 years with upwards of 10 visits per year, so before you go and start **** on where I live, maybe think before you post ok.

There was footage of testing last week, but none of going over top hat, it was just the dive into the tunnel bit. Also it's more than likely just going to be a dirt pit for its entire existence, unless they get some cool and hip yolo theming signs for the launch. Shame since log jammer was a great view there.

Ha. That escalated quickly.
Besides whether it is an awful ride or not is a matter of opinion anyways.

^ I agree. I never met a Premier launcher I didn't like, so I'm sure I'll like this one. And I'll decide for myself whether something "sucks" or not.

tomahawk, shush. Leave it to you and the other CF goons to jump onto the FIRST video of the train going over the tophat and flipping a total bitch and putting the ride off entirely. There's a reason as to why it is called Testing. They are testing the ride at the bare minimums to ensure it is capable of completing the circuit without issue. All it takes is 2-3mph faster and suddenly you have ejector going over that hill. As someone who uses NL you should know that. A small change in speed going over any tophat can drastically alter the forces.

Plus I don't even see water dummies in the train yet, another indication that they are merely putting the train through at the bare minimums. Bare minimum weight at bare minimum speeds.

Quite frankly, I think you need to reserve that kind of judgement until you actually get on the ride and ride it.

Personally I think it's going to be well worth riding. It's just so unique, so out there. Can't wait to ride that double launch :D

Xpress said:
tomahawk, shush. Leave it to you and the other CF goons

Lol.

>Implying you're not a goon

(Edit: Hit submit too early)

From DAY ONE I SAID THIS LOOKS LIKE CRAP. It hasn't changed. I could care less if it's test 1 or 1000, because you still get a good idea if it's going to be a good ride. Case in point, Tatsu, it TORE through the course on it's first test. Gatekeeper looked awesome in it's first test video. A lot of the rides that are typically referred to as good, you can tell from the beginning, and it isn't just fanboy love/hate. Even if it goes 15 mph faster over the tophat, any thrill is gone with those brakes. If the brakes started at the bottom, you know, where they should, then it could be a good addition. Instead. ****.

Also, Ethan, everytime you reply to a post, you make a post regarding Kansas sucking or lack of rides, etc. so hardly uncalled for. Just tired of it.

tomahawKSU said:
Just tired of it.

The feelings are mutual. You've done nothing but bitched and moaned about it.

You need to shut it and give it time and instead not pass judgement. You have no **** clue how the forces are going to play out over that tophat, and don't pretend to know you do based off of other rides that DO NOT feature a tophat, let alone a **** launch.

As I have said before, shut it and let things seat into place before you start to open your mouth.

By the way, Xcelerator creeps over the tophat, yet the airtime you get in each seat is just fabulous.

Yeahhh, I was going to say, how fast are you expecting it to go over a top hat?

Cause they go slow.

I think it looks alright *shrug*

I think people just knock the park for the sake of it like people do with Thorpe.

They could put the best ride in the world in but people would still hate it.

This coaster looks short but different I like how they have used to loop.

It's not going to be good, thats for sure.. and I don't need to ride it to find that out. Enjoy that mediocrity over there Tanner!

Snoo said:
It's not going to be good, thats for sure.. and I don't need to ride it to find that out. Enjoy that mediocrity over there Tanner!

It could be quite fun though. If it's entertaining and makes money then the coaster will have done it's job.

Ethan said:
Snoo said:

It could be quite fun though. If it's entertaining and makes money then the coaster will have done it's job.

Of course but I'm pretty sure that was not what marcus was implying. In fact I'm not quite sure what that has anything to do with what marcus said.

It may be fun but fun=/=good

Xpress said:
tomahawKSU said:
Just tired of it.

The feelings are mutual. You've done nothing but bitched and moaned about it.

You need to shut it and give it time and instead not pass judgement. You have no **** clue how the forces are going to play out over that tophat, and don't pretend to know you do based off of other rides that DO NOT feature a tophat, let alone a **** launch.

As I have said before, shut it and let things seat into place before you start to open your mouth.

By the way, Xcelerator creeps over the tophat, yet the airtime you get in each seat is just fabulous.

Xpress, you just went full fanboy.

kirk-lazarus-00-650-75.jpg

You never go full fanboy.

On topic: it looks average. I doubt it's going to be anything special, and I SERIOUSLY doubt it was meant to be. They just wanted a "different" accelerator. Don't think they have anything in that department.