What's new

Six Flags Magic Mountain | "Full Throttle" | multi launch

Re: Six Flags Magic Mountain | "Full Throttle" | multi launc

Xpress said:
Initial reports say that the airtime on the back end of the tophat is STRONG ejector, the brakes don't start until after you've been pinned to your restraints.

I believe that it is case after watching the below video!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaHCyahkiAY[/youtube]

(Sorry, it's riddled with TPR randomness)

I'll admit I was initially rather disappointed with this ride, believing it would be moderately slow and short, but it seems to me to be quite forceful. I'd anticipated mild airtime on the top hat, but wasn't expecting the drop to look so steep. Once the foliage has grown around it, I'm sure the experience will be enhanced.

The backwards launch looks wonderful, and indubitably a surprise for the unsuspecting public! Alton needs to do something like that :--D

Here's a pov from later in the day that show the "effects" in the tunnel and doesn't feature that **** soundtrack.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar2yOaAVRpg

The general consensus so far seems to be that the loop is amazing due to the significant hangtime over the top, the same hangtime goes for the reverse launch in the back rows, finally the brakes seem to be getting some love for the bizarre feeling they give and how steep the drop is. I'm looking forward to getting out there to ride it soon.

This just REEKS of Six Flags rushed terribleness. MM never fails to amaze me with how poor the parks decision making really is.

As far as the ride.. still meh. I won't be riding it for a while, but just another +1 as Tom said. I'll be waiting for the next time they add another massive unique creation that is worthy of real attention.

Tunnel effects? I am assuming they're just strobe lights?

^I think so, at least from the videos I've seen. Looks like a nice ride, though.

A bit dissapointed. I knew it wasn't going to be amazing but it feels so...lifeless. They should have done a proper family thrilling ride if they wanted to aim at all ages (Intaimin/Zierer freefall coaster?). A multi-launcher should have waited then have something on the scale of Cheetah Hunt. Which for that matter is quite open in target audience. The hang time looks good, other than that, average. I mean, I knew they're not about theming but there's not even a bloody shelter on the station!

Re: RE: Six Flags Magic Mountain | "Full Throttle" | multi l

A 170 foot launch and 70mph is NOT family friendly lol.

tomahawKSU said:

Neither is the rest of the park :lol:

It looks okay. It seems like a fun "little" ride, but too short. The thing that really annoys me is all the Y0L0 nonsense.

Well, compared to most rides at Magic Mountain it seems rather tame. Btw, what's the height restriction on this, I never actually found out about that?

I am assuming there is no real height restrictions on the ride, considering Superman is some 400 feet tall, and SkyTower is just as tall...

Xpress said:
tomahawKSU said:

Neither is the rest of the park :lol:

This. So much this.

Having gone with my daughter who is over 36", I feel like I can say this with no reservations. There is almost nothing that we could ride together.

As for Full Throttle?
Looks about as mediocre as everyone expected. What was in the tunnel? Some lame YOLO reference? That's never going to last.

Xpress, I'm pretty sure he meant height for riders, not how high they can build.

tomahawKSU said:
Xpress, I'm pretty sure he meant height for riders, not how high they can build.

Oh. Duh. :roll:

Just checked their website, it's a 54" minimum, another **** joke.

CoasterCrazy said:
The backwards launch looks wonderful, and indubitably a surprise for the unsuspecting public! Alton needs to do something like that :--D
...Thirteen? Isn't that the whole gimmick of Thirteen?

This ride looks how it's always looked: okay. A bit underwhelming considering SFMM's potential, but that always seems to be the case with SFMM.

That station is rather awful, looks like some makeshift scaffolding. Not sure what they are trying to achieve with the truss. Also that tacky rope light in the ring before the tunnel is just hideous.

Hang time on the loop and ejector on the top hat makes it loom worth a ride however I think they need to look into making some major improvements.

I think they need to make some major improvements in the management department, and get rid of whomever is coming up with ride ideas that lack theming. I agree with everyone, SFMM has **** theming with mostly all of their rides, Full Throttle is no exception.

Looking at the POVs, the ride looks fun and the top hat looks quite nice. The only thing I don't like is the giant loop. It irritates me when parks make a record breaking attraction with only the record part of the ride being thought of by the park people. The second launch is a exception to what I said. But this ride could do with some theming. One thing I hope out of this, is that Premier gets more recognition in the UK and around the world than there already is.

Their maintenance isn't too great either. That's a bit of an understatement.

Called it from the beginning and everyone flipped a ****, now agreeing with me once a pov shows up and its clear how **** it really is. Shocker.