What's new

Six Flags Magic Mountain | "Full Throttle" | multi launch

Re: Six Flags Magic Mountain | "Full Throttle" | multi launc

Woah, I didn't realise that used an old station!

Braking is going to start halfway down the tophat:

68572_10151613167217125_635542643_n.jpg

And there is a lot of track before the loop, keep in mind the angle the photo was shot just compresses everything to make it look a lot shorter. My assumption is there is at least 150ft of track, so plenty to get up to speed to sling the train through the loop.

Those look quite interesting. Kind of postmodern/industrial with that giant shiny metal chevron on the sides.

rollermonkey said:
Those look quite interesting. Kind of postmodern/industrial with that giant shiny metal chevron on the sides.
I like to call them ugly, but each to their own ;)

That top looks like it's gonna offer a lot of airtime!

Lofty said:
rollermonkey said:

I said interesting, not beautiful. Don't put words in my mouth. For me, I'm glad I'm going to Magic Mountain before this thing opens. I don't want to deal with a 6F opening snafu.

Yeah, and we might want to wait until they're unwrapped and put together before we start calling names.

The internet sometimes...lol

rollermonkey said:
Lofty said:
rollermonkey said:

I said interesting, not beautiful. Don't put words in my mouth. For me, I'm glad I'm going to Magic Mountain before this thing opens. I don't want to deal with a 6F opening snafu.
I was joking...

Newtrek5 said:
Yeah, and we might want to wait until they're unwrapped and put together before we start calling names.

The internet sometimes...lol
You do realise we've known what the cars are like for quite some time now and the fact that the second wrapping is actually open?

^ Yes I do. Ugh... nervermind. Not that big a deal. lol

I'm going to be in California first week of June and I'm not too optimistic about being able to ride this. But we'll see!

Doubt it will be open, let alone testing.

Unless the station is going to remain an open slab of concrete (which sadly would not surprise me) there's a lot of work still to go on this as of my visit last weekend.

Best part of my trip to Tragic Mountain was my daughter riding the three kiddie coasters.

Oh yeah. This is still a thing.