What's new

Six Flags Magic Mountain | "Full Throttle" | multi launch

Re: Six Flags Magic Mountain | "Full Throttle" | multi launc

Have they employed Amanda Thompson on their marketing team over the winter?

In other news, I totally didn't realise this thing was going to go over the top of the Superman Plaza. But that's just me being an idiot.

Loads of pictures of footers/mud here: http://www.thecoasterguy.com/index.php/ ... #more-5523

and here: http://www.thecoasterguy.com/index.php/ ... #more-5374

Here's some track: http://www.thecoasterguy.com/index.php/ ... #more-5217

thecoasterguy.com said:
SFMM_FT_20121216_2.jpg

SFMM_FT_20121216_3.jpg

An update on the marketing side of Full Throttle, they have now dropped all record claims on the Full Throttle official site, which has been left blank for now.

The discrepancy was over their claim of having the “tallest, fastest looping coaster in the world.” This is an ambiguous claim, especially because X2 (in the same park!) is a taller, faster, looping coaster.

The only realistic claim Full Throttle has the right to is tallest vertical loop, which stands at 160 ft.

^Not to mention Viper or Tatsu... :mrgreen:

Forget all the stupid PR bull$#it.

I'd like to see some more renderings.

They are going to have to change the Viper page either way :)
I wonder if they will claim having the worlds tallest loop on two different rides.

Viper's distinctive, coiling track has it all. Starting with the world's tallest vertical loop at 14 stories, and two other loops at 9 stories and 6 stories. Add to that a 4-story corkscrew and a double-barrel boomerang turn.

Kind of ludicrous that SFMM claims Viper's loop is tallest when Krypton Coaster's is taller, and they're operated by the same chain, hmm?

Wouldnt that just be called being lazy since nobody, beyond us, will ever care about that?

BBH said:
Kind of ludicrous that SFMM claims Viper's loop is tallest when Krypton Coaster's is taller, and they're operated by the same chain, hmm?
Krypton coaster has a barrel roll not a loop, if they said vipers loop was the tallest inverstion your comment would make sence, but it doesn't so what are you on about?

^What are you on about? Krypton Coaster has a loop and is the tallest vertical loop in the world, at 44 m.

owenrita121 said:
BBH said:
Krypton coaster has a barrel roll not a loop, if they said vipers loop was the tallest inverstion your comment would make sence, but it doesn't so what are you on about?

You're thinking of the Premier Coaster called Ultimate Flight (I think), we're on about the B&M Looper... With a 44m loop.

Ethan said:
owenrita121 said:
BBH said:

You're thinking of the Premier Coaster called Ultimate Flight (I think), we're on about the B&M Looper... With a 44m loop.
:oops:

I still wish that Intamin had made one of the TTD/KK style coasters with an inverting top hat, and just blown the highest inversion record out of the water.

I like TPR, but soooo glad the YOLO crap isn't used here...bad enough we had the meme in real life! Don't need it in my sanctuary from life.

Looks like it'll be fun, but I can't be the only one let down.
We were tantalzied with hopes of "record breaking length" and an epic terrain coaster to put Maverick to shame.

If you ever saw how much real estate SD2K covers, you'd know that Tragic Mountain is never going to own the longest coaster record.

Yeah if anyone actually believed those early rumors they only have themselves to blame. SFMM never promised any of that crap. And anyone who has followed the company since they emerged from bankruptcy would know that Six Flags isn't spending that kind of money of one project any longer.

6F is now saying that some band I never heard of has written a song for the coaster. They claim this is a first ever, but I seem to remember a similar marketing scheme before...

What is the band name? And of course they can't get a name band.