ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Coasterfreck said:
East Coast(er) General said:
Track is complete!

479935_10151412493980107_749520106_23565360_432473162_n.jpg
It's a brilliant picture, but I could of swarm this was completed a couple of weeks ago!
If you look at the photo I posted March 2nd (on page 8), you can see that there was still a good bit of track work to be done so there's no way that this was completed a couple of weeks ago.

marc

CF Legend
Six Flags Great America |"X-Flight"| B&M Wing Coaster

You think so?

Was looking at it before and the corners do not look as tight and there seems to be quiet a bit of straight track.

It looks good though.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
^So where's this straight track what you can see then?

And also is there reaslly any need for the Inline twist to be that long, Hangtime heaven/hell. Depends If you like hangtime.

marc

CF Legend

The inline is rather long, but it all seems like a really straight coaster if you know what I mean.

The Swarm and raptor are quiet tight but this seems really spread out.

It's hard to explain but I assume it will be 3 trains to have a station and brake run that length.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
I have to agree the layout does look better than Swarms. Plus that inline twist through the tower is going to awesome O_O . I know it probably won't be themed well but the colours are my favourite. Hopefully it moves as fast as Swarm does.

Martyn B

CF Legend
you can see that there was still a good bit of track work to be done so there's no way that this was completed a couple of weeks ago.

One small bit of the brake run, and the turn between the brake run & station.... wouldn't exactly call much tbh.

And I agree that this does have a better layout than Swarm. It just looks and feels like more of a complete coaster than Swarm. Swarm is too 'thin' and is wasted with the ridiculous brake runS.

Lofty

CF Legend
I'm kind of with people in terms of the Layout being better than Swarm's, I think it is anyway.

The inline is also taken at a higher speed than Swarm's, hence it being more drawn out...

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
What's great about this coaster is that wasn't designed with marketing in mind or any records such as "Europe's tallest winged coaster", they've just made an absoloutely excellent layout which I'm sure will be insane fun.

I actually believe that this in - line twist will be much better than Swarm's or Raptor's, Swarm's seems pretty similar to Raptor's which is all over quickly.

On this you'll have time to go "Whoooooa" as you "float" through the inversion. Yes, I'm sure you know what I mean!

marc

CF Legend

Not sure if the layout will be better than swarms or not, it's really different apart from the 1st drop.

On inverts I tend to prefer the tighter layouts to the more spread out ones so it will be interesting to see how people rate this that have done both.

I think they offer different things, with this if it does not hold its speed to could turn out to be a let down.

I like the tight corners on swarm these are very different.

marc

CF Legend

Is the drop different then? I looked at the picture above and assumed it was the same just could not see the part that flips the train. But something has to flip the train after all the seats don't rotate.

When your on the trains going round corners it feels like your floating I just liked that.

As said before its very much different to the others so will be interesting to see views.

Am not saying its better or worse btw.

marc

CF Legend

Cheers see what you mean now, the coaster look great going by the video got a great flow to it.

reddude333

Giga Poster
Yeah, and something about the direction of twist makes it seem that X-Flight's is more drawn out (although it's probably just a trick of the eye).

Lofty

CF Legend
I don't know which I prefer the look of to be honest, I think it's gotta be Swarm's, simply for the continuation of banking to level out.

I do love the look of this coaster though, so much so.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
It's been a few days since I checked so I'm not sure how long it's been completed, but the station roof is up.
Only a month to go before I'll be riding that baby!

564298_10151481624425107_749520106_23831296_671789310_n.jpg

There's also about a dozen new photos on RCDB.
http://www.rcdb.com/10137.htm?p=0

kos4s9u2c5v4ucg004l9gf.jpg

c2ns4uco004l9gf4s9u2c5.jpg

675006ako7ie4v16302f68.jpg

711g004ldgf4s9uic5a4uc.jpg

And this isn't exactly new (obviously), bit it's the best photo of the complete layout that I've seen so far.

582810_10151481981260107_749520106_23831722_1542198251_n.jpg

Guess where it was posted. :p

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
This surly must have one of the worlds longest inline twists. Im still shocked by how long it really is. ( not the ride, the inline twist)