What's new

Six Flags Great America |"X-Flight"| B&M Wing Coaster

I kind of have love for those trains, they're so simple, the "casing" is going to look great, it's very streamlined.

Those are sexy colours... Shame that the body will be generic. In fact, it's a shame the whole ride will be generic and generally unthemed.

Though very basic, those trains look amazing! I think the basicness of the trins and colours make it even better.

dominoes said:
Those are sexy colours... Shame that the body will be generic. In fact, it's a shame the whole ride will be generic and generally unthemed.

There's some new renderings floating around that show some previously unmentioned theming, including something under the first drop and some wind turbines inside a helix... lemme see if I can find a link.

OK, see if this works:

432058_569099119166_52502451_31303829_2063842322_n.jpg

(From the Gurnee Village Board website)

The wind turbines seem a bit out of place. I mean, just because they have rotors doesn't mean they fit with the theme. But I like wind turbines too much to be hatin', so I'm cool with theme being there...wish they were full size though (those ones in the rendering look wimpy)

I love how the queue line goes right underneath the coaster ...
reminds me of Green Lantern at SFGA ... I loved standing under the coaster and watching it ...

I guess its a sort of "modern technology" theme.

The theming isn't elaborate..but it works, making this a really neat coaster.

^ Haha that description made me laugh.
But I agree with you totally ...
Who the hell cares about theming when you go to Six Flags? All you want is the huge, crazy and thrilling roller coasters, I couldn't give a crap about the theming and have always been satisfied with the amount of theming the park provides (for eg at SFGA, El Toro, Kingda Ka, Batman TR) - I find all of those have a great theme, because I dont care about anything extensive ..... because in the end its the ride that matters ......
So the theme that X-Flight has going on looks great to me!
Its good enough .... and I'll be thinking about the ride more importantly.

I was snooping around SFGAm's facebook and noticed some of these photos ...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =3&theater

This is a photo of the updated park map for 2012 and X-Flight has been added ...
If you take notice, there is some sort of water effect in between the immelman and flat spin ...
I wonder if this is just something weird on the park map, or if there is actually going to be some sort of effects involving a water splash of the kind?

And if you scroll through some of these photos ....
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =3&theater
It gives the impression that track construction is done now!

It's definitely the best coloured one so far... :p

Those colours are amazing!

I can't wait to see the finished thing will all the theming/near misses installed. It's shaping up to be a good looking coaster!