What's new

Six Flags Great America | Maxx Force | S&S Air Launch

EpochEmu

Mega Poster
Honestly, I have no idea what the road to glory episodes had to do with this. They were extremely unspecific.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Marcus LeShock(Chicago newscaster and coaster enthusiast) has an article explaining everything: https://marcusleshock.com/record-br...er-coming-to-six-flags-great-america-in-2019/

Tldr: the 1,000 spf meant nothing, under 2 seconds for the launch, 175 yards is 175 feet tall, and the last video's time had max speed(78 seconds). That last video was also released 78 minutes early.

Not the best campaign, but it could've certainly been worse.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
1,000 could mean 1,000ft of track. It can't seriously be much longer than that. Does anyone know what the track length actually is?

Last edited:

Hutch

Strata Poster
Yeah it looks great. Pleasantly surprised with the announcement, as I had assumed they were just getting something for the water park.

What the **** is going on with that little airtime hill? Feel like we've been getting spoiled from all these "bonus" airtime hops lately (i.e. Twisted Colossus's hop after the drop; Steel Vengeance in general). Should be interesting!

I don't really care about the length that much. I mean they're squeezing in five inversions after the launch and each one looks fantastic, and of course the launch will be awesome. I honestly think this could rate very high for me. Top Thrill Dragster (I know, it's Intamin and uses a hydraulic launch) is the shortest ride I've been on but it's still in my Top 10.

Lofty

CF Legend
I really don't think it looks great, at all? Sure, the launch looks fantastic and that fast inversion looks excellent, but the overall ride looks ****e.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
It certainly looks the most intense of the big 5 coasters coming to the US next year, so it is probably the one I'm most excited for, but not by far.

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah it’s the most exciting US addition in 2019 but that just shows how **** a year it is over there next year.

Sorry America, Europe’s got you beat next year.

Edit - I’m chatting ****, the Potter cred is obviously the most exciting US ride next year.

Snoo

The Legend
Yeah it’s the most exciting US addition in 2019 but that just shows how :emoji_poop: a year it is over there next year.

Edit - I’m chatting :emoji_poop:, the Potter cred is obviously the most exciting US ride next year.

Copperhead looks better IMO, but thats just because this is just a launch and a loop. And you're again correct, I'd probably hit Potter before any of these if given the equal chance to ride them all.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Yeah it’s the most exciting US addition in 2019 but that just shows how :emoji_poop: a year it is over there next year.

Edit - I’m chatting :emoji_poop:, the Potter cred is obviously the most exciting US ride next year.
Potter cred and Takabisha clone. Past that there's a few interesting things but yes 2019 definitely feels like a down year over here.

Matt N

CF Legend
Wouldn't Copperhead Strike, Maxx Force and possibly West Coast Racers also be contenders, out of interest?

I don't personally think 2019 looks like too much of a down year for the USA. You guys still have some pretty decent stuff coming if you ask me, even though there might not be any RMCs (yet). If any of these were coming to the UK, I'd be thrilled to bits! Although I must admit the coaster scenes in the USA and the UK are very different...

John Knotts

Mega Poster
Looks like a really fast, larger Sky Rocket III. That's not a bad thing, but SF is stuck in eternal short coaster purgatory. Damn, that bankruptcy really did some permanent damage to this chain.

Last edited:

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Looks like a really fast, larger Sky Rocket III. That's not a bad thing, but SF is stuck in eternal short coaster purgatory. Damn, that bankruptcy really did some permanent damage to this chain.
Or worse, maybe they've come to realize that they don't need to build bigger coasters than this to pull the crowds in, meaning we won't see coasters bigger than this in the future except in very rare cases, no matter how good their economy gets.