What's new

Silver Dollar City | Time Traveler | Mack Looping Launched Spinner

Swoosh

Mega Poster
I agree. We'll be at the park this weekend to get more photos. So glad the park is finally reopening.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
This is my first time ever even looking at this topic.... This thing looks and sounds pretty cool I'll say, although I think a B&M dive would've been better. Whatever though, it's a new coaster that is sure to be very unique and I'm excited to ride it come 2018. I think the Steampunk theme will be pretty awesome and it will fit the park well. I'll be at SDC next week so if I can get any pictures I'll make sure to post them on here.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Ok, now that's just ridiculous. I understand maybe 1 level over the loading platform for possible queue and 1 under for maintenance, but two above and below is overkill.

Lofty

CF Legend
Ok, now that's just ridiculous. I understand maybe 1 level over the loading platform for possible queue and 1 under for maintenance, but two above and below is overkill.
How do you know it's overkill? For all we know the building could be mixed use with even office spaces on the top floor. I wouldn't say 'overkill'...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
DSC_1012m.jpg
The first picture suggest the platform is going to be at the very top of that structure. I wonder if we're looking at a similar layout to Thunderation with the majority of the layout coming from a drop straight out of the station.

Going to be a good hike up the stairs when it's open! Or there will be some sort of connecting bridge. :p

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
holy cow i think you might be right... that's gotta be at LEAST a 70ft drop straight out of the station if that's what we're looking at

Mason Blaty

Roller Poster
From what Ive heard from my sources this ride is supposed to be multi launched so IF it is gonna start with a huge drop that dives underground (big hole dug near station with footers leading down into it) plus at leased 2 launches this will be a really long coaster. Cant wait till august when the announcement comes. also cant wait until the coaster itself goes vertical and track starts showing up.

Mason Blaty

Roller Poster
IMG_3934.JPG

Looking a little to the right of the center of this pic there are footers leading up in a swooping motion then they just stop and the only other footers are in the opposite direction. This looks like its either gonna have a large dive in the other direction or maybe even a weird top hat. what do you think? (picture from MidwestInfoGuide)

Swoosh

Mega Poster
It will have inversions. There's a good chance there will even be interlocking inversions - or at least the footers are making it look that way.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
I know some of these pictures are already on here but I was at the park this last Wednesday and took some pictures-

i7yU7kj.jpg

zFPgyC0.jpg

OnbxX4k.jpg

SCuY11k.jpg

DWRuEpe.jpg

This thing is going to be sweet and I'm so pumped for 2018.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
Another week - another round of photos.
http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2017/04/time-traveler-construction-sdc.html

They have the building framed up on the north and west sides now. The roof is starting to be hung as well. They didn't get as much done this week as they would have liked thanks to storms earlier this week -- and the YCW event going on in Echo Hollow next door on Friday - Sunday.

We will be at the park next weekend to do a more thorough update.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
So a few of us were talking tonight and we think the station will be a lot like Lightning Run with the maintenance bay located right under the load platform and an elevator lift right before the station.

Here's a video of LR to show what we mean

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I think you might be right. I remember the guys at Dollywood saying they loved the mechanism, so it's plausible they've gone for a similar thing here.

Still, that doesn't take up half of that huge building... what's the rest for? :p