What's new

Silver Dollar City | Time Traveler | Mack Looping Launched Spinner

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
That. is. a. c o n c e p t.
In my eyes, I feel SDC & Dollywood overall have quite a narrow thematic palette, but despite this, their coaster's particular themes just feel so unique and individual while tastefully fitting into the aesthetic of the park. I'm a big fan.

Last edited:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Haha, I love the concept of a fly-by-night salesman taking folks for a sci-fi ride and ultimate rip-off. Carries a certain P.T. Barnum appeal.

In the hands of any other amusement park coughBuschcough I'd poo poo the idea of a Mack spinner. I was so impressed though with the Fire Chaser final product (another ride type I was discouraged about) that I'm willing to bet that SDC will create a great family coaster attraction.

Lofty

CF Legend
Ok. It's not worth arguing about - especially when the concept art clearly says otherwise (that it's not steampunk).

Absolutely nowhere on there does it mention that it's not Steampunk.

- The dialogue has a lot of Steampunk descriptive terms.
- Curious dials and turning gears.
- The concept art for the building is 100% that of Steampunk origin, you just need to look at Jonah Hex, Wild Wild West and The Time Machine to see that.
- The concept logo is also incredibly Steampunk.
- The concept image at the top is also Steampunk.
- The cars have Steampunk influences.

But yes, you carry on telling me I'm wrong

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Haha, I love the concept of a fly-by-night salesman taking folks for a sci-fi ride and ultimate rip-off. Carries a certain P.T. Barnum appeal.

In the hands of any other amusement park coughBuschcough I'd poo poo the idea of a Mack spinner. I was so impressed though with the Fire Chaser final product (another ride type I was discouraged about) that I'm willing to bet that SDC will create a great family coaster attraction.

This is what I love about both parks. Whatever they do with whatever ride they have, they're just not going to balls it up.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
Absolutely nowhere on there does it mention that it's not Steampunk.

- The dialogue has a lot of Steampunk descriptive terms.
- Curious dials and turning gears.
- The concept art for the building is 100% that of Steampunk origin, you just need to look at Jonah Hex, Wild Wild West and The Time Machine to see that.
- The concept logo is also incredibly Steampunk.
- The concept image at the top is also Steampunk.
- The cars have Steampunk influences.

But yes, you carry on telling me I'm wrong

Wildfire is definitely true steampunk. I guess if you need to make an argument on this one being "steampunk" there could a case for calling it faux steampunk because it is a ripoff/scam.

Lofty

CF Legend
But it literally is Steampunk. Lol. I know we ain't gonna see eye-to-eye, but it is ;)

I'm sure they're gonna really do it justice, though.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Wildfire is definitely true steampunk. I guess if you need to make an argument on this one being "steampunk" there could a case for calling it faux steampunk because it is a ripoff/scam.

Really, it's Steampunk. Literally everything about this... Is Steampunk-esque! So please stop.

Anyway, I find this addition quite interesting tbh! I know they'll do a good job of it, but I do wonder how they're going to pull off the ancient Rome theme? Hopefully it'll be immersive and not some random building facades plonked along the track!

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
^If they're going for the Cheap Faux Steampunk/Salesman theme, then that's exactly what they'll do. The salesman creates a fake Ancient Rome to make it look like his 'time machine' works. I think the Steampunk part could go either way(fake or real). We'll really just have to wait.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Ethan

Strata Poster
Ahh I see... Hmmm

I did think it looked a bit odd in the concept image so I guess that makes sense!

Swoosh

Mega Poster

Swoosh

Mega Poster
That station is HUGE
That's what she said ... but in all seriousness we've been trying to figure out WHY it is so big ... that's what she said ... we think the lowest levels might be utilized by Echo Hollow - especially the lowest since it's only a "half level" and faces the access road to Echo Hollow. The levels will include a maintenance bay and the load station. I wonder if there will also be a level of queue line much like what they did for Lightning Run at Dollywood.

Lofty

CF Legend
That's what she said ... but in all seriousness we've been trying to figure out WHY it is so big ... that's what she said ... we think the lowest levels might be utilized by Echo Hollow - especially the lowest since it's only a "half level" and faces the access road to Echo Hollow. The levels will include a maintenance bay and the load station. I wonder if there will also be a level of queue line much like what they did for Lightning Run at Dollywood.
I think that makes so much sense - you can save on a ridiculous amount of space by layering queue lines.