DSC_0827.JPG

IMG_8439.JPG

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Wow, you sure got treated lots of times. ;) Looks like a pretty good event though - nice to see them make such an effort.

Here are some CF exclusive photos that our very own @ECG managed to get during a private construction tour after the media event yesterday:

pf18dyr.jpg

hdnZgDs.jpg

HYjnjii.jpg

G8KAe13.jpg

It certainly looks pretty great!

Last edited:

Ethan

Strata Poster
I was so curious about this, but my interest has dropped to pretty much zero. Theming is the only thing I'm curious about now.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
I was so curious about this, but my interest has dropped to pretty much zero. Theming is the only thing I'm curious about now.
I'm curious as to why your interest has dropped. Of the new rollercoasters announced yesterday, this was really the only groundbreaking one (and one could maybe argue HangTime).

Ethan

Strata Poster
I'm curious as to why your interest has dropped. Of the new rollercoasters announced yesterday, this was really the only groundbreaking one (and one could maybe argue HangTime).

I just think it looks so... Meh? First drop looks great but it's trimmed (and not like the holding brake I was picturing). The rest of the layout just looks a bit slow and drawn out, plus the launches look very weak. SDC looks like a fab park but to me, at least, this doesn't seem to fit. I also thought this ride was about going through a knock-off version of Rome?

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Yeah considering how they had the potential to do the Helix of the US and they instead blow the budget on this gimmicky crap, I'm disappointed. The whole idea of a coaster on this scale should be that it doesn't need spinning cars to make it fun and unique, the ride layout should do that for it. I feel like spinning cars are a way to help make the most out of a limited space/wallet to get a good family coaster in the end. Now granted, I like spinners, my first one was actually Sierra Sidewinder which is also Mack. It looks to have some good degree of violence to it, maybe even a bit of airtime here and there. Still though, it could have been so much better with that theme, plot, and budget. Can't help but feel like SDC just bought a bunch of Long John Silver's when they could have spent the money on a nice Red Lobster dinner. I mean it's solid seafood, but I'd rather have an adequate amount of amazing seafood than an enormous pile of adequate seafood, if that makes sense.

Might get dragged there next season considering how Emily was losing her mind over the theming just as severely as I was over Mean Streak clear on the other side of the lake at the same time. Based on this alone, I'd go in expecting a good, fun ride. Nothing crazy, but a ton of fun, maybe even one of those coasters where you just laugh the whole time. So I'd be down to ride it if that happens! Taking applications for the fat friend to sit on one side with me as Emily sits alone on the other! :p

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
How many of these areas are accessible from the park?

I've been to SDC a couple of times, but I can't really recall how this fits with the park layout.

Casicielo

Roller Poster

I've been to SDC a couple of times, but I can't really recall how this fits with the park layout.
i dont think much will be visible from the main thorofares. should see some from echo hollow, and if you ride thunderation. i hope theres some sort of viewing platform for that drop but i dont know

Casicielo

Roller Poster
Yeah considering how they had the potential to do the Helix of the US and they instead blow the budget on this gimmicky crap, I'm disappointed. The whole idea of a coaster on this scale should be that it doesn't need spinning cars to make it fun and unique, the ride layout should do that for it. I feel like spinning cars are a way to help make the most out of a limited space/wallet to get a good family coaster in the end. Now granted, I like spinners, my first one was actually Sierra Sidewinder which is also Mack. It looks to have some good degree of violence to it, maybe even a bit of airtime here and there. Still though, it could have been so much better with that theme, plot, and budget

I know i try not to dwell on what that layout would be like without spinning :/ especially since the Xtreme spinning coaster model has the option of running both spinning and non-spinning trains. Ah well. It is certainly a unique coaster which is never bad. It might not end up being a world class flagship coaster like Outlaw Run but it will expand the lineup in an interesting way.
Ill be anxious to see just how much it spins come spring. Will be hard to judge until you actually ride probably, but certain elements, like the overbanks and zero g roll, could be quite fab with more of a controlled rotation. Also rerides could feel very different, which might be a double-edged sword.

Swoosh

Mega Poster

Pretty much none of it. You will be able to see the first drop through windows in the queue line (these windows are very tall - pretty much floor to ceiling). Really, even now, you can barely see the station for the ride unless you go to ThuNderaTion's entrance.

I hope theres some sort of viewing platform for that drop but i dont know
The only viewing platform will be the bridge exit - and even then you'll only see the trains coming back into the station.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
Wish I would have known that CF was going to have a rep there, I would have introduced myself ... and my homepark.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
To add a counter view to all the negativity. I'm massively happy its spinning. As someone else said this is the most interesting ride out of the lot revealed the other day.

I'm pretty stoked its a launched spinning coaster. Hell the park has a solid sitdown looping coaster and a solid launched coaster already. So sensibly I think they've gone for something new they don't have. This slots in nicely into their lineup.

I can tell I'm in the minority when it comes to spinning coasters but meh less of a queue for me when I eventually get there :)

Ethan

Strata Poster
^I'm also happy it's a spinner, it's just the broken up and mediocre (just an opinion) layout that bugs me tbh!

Swoosh

Mega Poster
^I'm also happy it's a spinner, it's just the broken up and mediocre (just an opinion) layout that bugs me tbh!

I "rode" the coaster in VR and honestly it didn't feel broken up. I'm saving judgement until I actually ride it

Ethan

Strata Poster
Great, I'm glad you like it. But I'm saying in my opinion, it's broken up. There's hardly anything between each long flat section of track, and there's a dead stop in the middle. I know I haven't ridden it, but it just looks that way to me that's all!

Reactions: Ben