What's new

Silver Dollar City |"Outlaw Run"| Rocky Mountain Wood

Status
Not open for further replies.
That outside turn right before the roll over looks like so much fun, why haven't they done that on any coaster before?

Well, this is the first thing to make me get interested in roller coasters again in years! Yes there's the whole 'is it wood, isn't it wood' debate, but to be honest I don't give a toss, because it looks mega anyway! Definitely need to plan a trip over to the US.

Re: Silver Dollar City |"Outlaw Run"| Rocky Mountain Wood

Am I the only person not in love with this coaster?

I do not see what all this hype is about tbh.

It really does not look that great. It looks fun yes but it's not the next coming or anything like that.

Maybe a real pov will be better but it just looks so controlled and a bit slow.

Will probably get my head ripped off for saying that. I just don't get why it's getting hyped up so much.

nadroJ said:
Perhaps this might be the answer to Merlin's whole 'people are scared of wood' thing?
No. Haha, it might but I have no idea why this coaster would have anything to do with England warming up to the idea of wood. It certainly won't quell any fears of wood being safe etc.

And marc, I won't rip your head off...you're just wrong :p

Why though what am I missing that's so great?

Honestly, I like the location, the (couple) terrain coaster bits, and I actually think it looks like it will have significant speed. All of that coupled with the unique elements and fantastic looking theming so far all go in its favor. And I've been a fan of RMC for years so I'm glad to see them working on their first full coaster. Animated POVs don't do much for showing the wildness that I expect Outlaw Run to have but perhaps it will be more controlled. If anything, it's a little short but it's hard to tell this early on.

Yes this is what I mean, I just don't think the current pov makes it look that good.

Fair enough. I still think you're wrong about it as a whole though ;-)

At the very least, I think we're all hoping it will be fantastic.

Yep but with the amount oh hype it's getting it could end up letting loads down.

I hope it's good though.

I just want to get some extreme airtime on the first drop in the back row. Everything else is either going to add ir detract from the experience. Im optimistic though

(Sent from my Wii U)

I won't trust any video of the ride I see until I see a reverse POV. That is when you will be able to see what type of forces are really on this ride. At least for me, a standard POV doesn't give any "feel" of the ride, but a reverse shows where the pops of air are, and just gives a better idea. The animated POVs never show anything since it is in a controlled simulator, my two cents at least.

I think that from the freaky turn to the brake run, it will just be a giant blur of WTF. It may be one of those rides that takes a few times to ride before you actually know what is coming next, and those are the best, especially if it has a lot of little pops of ejector like I hope it does.

The trains have arrived on-site. :--D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh9ONvueB9Y[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.