What's new

Silver Dollar City |"Outlaw Run"| Rocky Mountain Wood

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't get it.

The first drop looks great, but, why go to such effort to make a "crazy" wooden coaster that does the same thing as a normal steel coaster, when you could just... build a steel coaster.

And loads of lats, loads.

Re: Silver Dollar City |"Outlaw Run"| Rocky Mountain Wood

Because...

Wood is cheap material.
Wood is especially cheap in North America as it has a huge logging industry. They build modern houses from wood, at least on the outside visually. Because...
Americans like nostalgia, wooden coasters convey something steel just cannot.
It's thematically relevant.
And, because its different. It's a gimmick. A selling point.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

^Exactly.

As I said earlier, don't think of it as a "wood coaster" or a "steel coaster". Spread the term "composite coaster"!

Wood makes people uneasy, so it adds an extra thrill element for people.

That video showed me nothing and didn't change my opinion at all. This will be insane, and the drop in the back row will probably make me scream like a little girl. Can't wait!

Very nice. Not sure how soon I'll be able to make it out to that area of the country, but this has given me quite a bit more motivation to do so.

Rocky Mountain is showing off the Outlaw Run trains at IAAPA. :--D

230050_219369618196662_1982238818_n.jpg

Can't see the leg restraints being a bother, NTG has just a small bar on the second row of each car and they aren't even noticeable, I would assume this would be the same in that sense.

Found a another photo showing the seats & restraints.

OutlawRunTrain.jpg

One thing I just noticed after looking at those pictures is there is no grab bar or anything like that on the restraints, or am I just oblivious and missing it?

If Rocky Mountain can pull off these lapbar restraints on Outlaw Run, it'll really make Intamin's efforts with Skyrush look even more dismal.

The amount of detail in those is phenomenal. Absolutely stunning.

Also, my inner engineer just got a hard on. I wish I could be there to get an up close and personal look at it.

tomahawKSU said:
One thing I just noticed after looking at those pictures is there is no grab bar or anything like that on the restraints, or am I just oblivious and missing it?
Who needs a grab bar? It's not like I'll be holding on to it :p

It's not like I would either, but I know probably somewhere around 95% of the people who will ride it will want something to hold on to...

Status
Not open for further replies.