What's new

Saw Alive: Thorpe Park Horror Maze for 2010

^They're being provided with props from Lionsgate but they have to set it up in the attraction themselves. Also the Entertainments team and the people planning this attraction are working closely with Lionsgate to make sure the attraction is up to standards and that they are happy with it. But everyone probably knew that already as if Lionsgate aren't happy with it they'll want it changed as it can affect them if it's bad as well.

They were provided props for Saw the Ride as well and worked close with Lionsgate and still messed it up so whats the difference with this then?

They have the chance to make up for the crap in Saw the Ride lets hope they take the chance.

So I have an open mind at the moment, I will do this once just to see what its like.

Ollie said:
^They're being provided with props from Lionsgate but they have to set it up in the attraction themselves. Also the Entertainments team and the people planning this attraction are working closely with Lionsgate to make sure the attraction is up to standards and that they are happy with it. But everyone probably knew that already as if Lionsgate aren't happy with it they'll want it changed as it can affect them if it's bad as well.

As Marc said, every statement there applied to the ride and it didn't make the blindest bit of difference.

I do wish I had your constant optimism though Ollie. Especially after the whole thing with the ride itself. I just hope you don't get all excited again for it to then be a let-down.

I'm hoping that because this has precedent (unlike the ride), they will see how it's done in America and try their hardest to match and beat that.

Otherwise, well, that goes without saying... ;)

Mark said:
I do wish I had your constant optimism though Ollie. Especially after the whole thing with the ride itself. I just hope you don't get all excited again for it to then be a let-down.
Haha. I'm not even hyping it up for myself. I'm just going to sit back and see what they do. Even if it's not good as long as it's really popular with the public I'll be happy. Not only will it make other queues shorter but it'll also boost popularity of scare attractions in the UK further and help it grow so it gets bigger and better and we see more awesome events and mazes.

^Or, fill the market niche completely...

Just because more attractions of a certain type are popping up, doesn't mean that the demand rises equally fast ;)

marc said:
^You really think they will pay for actors? I don't tbh I can see this being like the Universal one for most of the year with a few actors during Halloween events just like on Saw the Ride.
Yes they will be paying for actors. £70 each a day to be exact. See link in post above for proof.

http://www.thorpeparkmania.co.uk/news/17-12-2009/Saw-Alive-Concept-Art

1.jpg

I know its real, but that just looks like a terrible piece of cutting and pasting in some parts, from SAW's concept art! Still it looks decent, pity they leave out the queueline, probaby as its going to spoil the look of the area

Looks good but the concept art is just a mess with the copying and pasting of the fence with the 'no trespassing' sign. Also where they've gone over the saw the rid sign in a black brush and just stuck alive on it is just stupid. Still... I'm sure I'll love this attraction as it's themed to Saw. :lol:

I actually love the look of it! Hmmm...Not that I'm overly excited to go on it (after all, it is Merlin), but I agree with what has been said: who the **** has badly copied and pasted that?!

The good thing is that the Belle is already pretty large. They only let you onto a tiny bit of it before for the toilets and the upstairs was used mainly for storage and education visits. If they enclose the ground floor (which I'm sure they will do) and if they utilise both floors of the Belle (while keeping to H&S standards (because of stairs)) then it'll be a pretty large attraction and should take a good 5-10 minutes to walk around which would make it the longest ride in the park. :p
Hopefully they'll either make the scenes really good or just come up with their own original storyline for it like Jigsaw has taken over it and you need to be sent in by the poilce to investigate.
Still. We shall have to sit tight till it opens of Thorpe release more info.

Am I the only one who thinks it looks crap?

It looks less like a boat and more like a floating warehouse...

Why are Thorpe so rubbish with theming?

I actually think it looks good, thats if it looks like that. It's meant to look like a warehouse and does.

It looks better than the Saw the ride building anyway.

My first thought was that it didn't look much like a boat. Then I saw that the paddles were there at the back, and it made it a bit better. We'll have to wait and see if the fact it's on a boat makes any difference to the story.

No matter what, Im always going to see Alive as "this should of been the queue for The Ride attraction" and nothing more.

I still hate the idea of 2 Saw attractions that look pretty much the same right next to each other in the same park aswell. Its a total marketing play to drag this out over 2 attractions.

Going by reactions of The Ride from GP, its a "oh is that it" or "that wasn't worth the wait" type thing. There is nothing to make them wanna return after they have done it the first time. Im sure most people would rather come (and will want to return) for a quality attraction rather than this and come away dissapointed because of a total marketing ploy to get a few extra quid of you.

Not sure if that makes sense. Well it does in my head anyway.

I agree, that it is bad draggging out what should of been one whole attraction into 2. But then again my Saw obssessive side comes in and I'm all happy again as long as it has to do with Saw. I'm not really taking to the idea of having a permenant maze though, after going in all the FN mazes a few times, none of it was scary anymore, just rather boring, so I guess the same will happen with this :(