What's new

Saw Alive: Thorpe Park Horror Maze for 2010

On the plans it showed it as a second path to the Saw Island.

The bridge and the land has been created ready for it. I guess as the land was infill, it would of had to have time to settle down. Also, Im guessing they will have to do it anyway, as there is only one escape route for the crowds in the event of and emergency/fire etc.

I guess this topic should be renamed, as Saw Alive has nothing to do with the ride (other than themes obviously). :)

Just a quick bit of news. The website has been updated to include a Saw Alive page and is now advertising this as the "world’s most extreme horror attraction".

Here we go again with the claims... :x

http://www.thorpepark.com/sawalive.php

Also, here is the front page graphic:

banner_no_flash_saw_alive.jpg

Yay for over-hype lol.

Having said that, they would naturally take the same course of marketing that they did with Saw.

Having said that, the walk throughs that Thorpe do are normally very good (from what people have said) and therefore they might just pull this one off.

My main concern would be that normally, Entertainment teams (actors etc) are the first to go under the knife during budget cuts... I wonder how this will pan out for TP...?

Wow, personally I am looking forward to this, I see it as a dark haunted ride, rather than a maze, so it doesn't bother me about Fright Nights, not being strictly exclusive for mazes.

And slwoly, but surely, they are filling in the lake :)

So why is the Thorpe Belle getting involved in those plans? Is part of the walkthrough going to be on the boat or something?

To be totally honest, even if it was an up-charged attraction, people would still go in it. Just look at the one at Terra Mitica, La Pyramide Del Terror. People pay extra to go in it, hell, I have 3 times now!

They can get away with saying it's the "world’s most extreme horror attraction" because no other place calls them 'Horror Mazes', they're either reffered to as Scare Attractions or Haunted Attractions. Very clever of them!

EDIT

Spicy, the whole attraction is on the boat, the plans show the queue line, you can see at the bottom they enter, there looks to be a fast pass dis-joined to the cattle-pen. And the exit is at the side of that.

If it's anything at all as good as this Saw attraction then I shall officially send Thorpe Park a letter saying how much I love them.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXuxLKsNlqs&feature=subtivity[/youtube]

I doubt it's going to happen though. :(

So basically next year no-one will be near Inferno?

This has another epic queue... So I would guess that's 4 hours worth for both rides (2 hour queue a piece) if full...

Lol... Rest of the park will probably be extremely dead...

-lofty- said:
They can get away with saying it's the "world’s most extreme horror attraction" because no other place calls them 'Horror Mazes', they're either reffered to as Scare Attractions or Haunted Attractions. Very clever of them!

Well, no. They can "get away with it" because it's purely an opinion. There's no way to actually quantify it.

Anyway, topic title changed.

Give it about 3 years and you will have 2 attractions that need a new name and a re theme :)

I am quite happy about this attraction tbh, whilst people wait for it I can get on the rides :)

marc said:
Give it about 3 years and you will have 2 attractions that need a new name and a re theme :)

I am guessing saw will get what it was origionaly inteded to be and saw alive just won't be open. I am guessing this is why saw alive is on the belle rather than being in a permenant building.

I am excited! I love horror shizz, and after being on the Saw: Game Over maze at Universal Studios Hollywood, I can't wait! However, will it be as good? Answer, maybe!

At the end of the day, it's a permanent attraction. Sure, we'd all put money on Universal kicking Thorpe's ass with Halloween stuff, but after going to HHN I was actually suprised with how close the UK parks are. Sure, Universal kicked their arses, but I still admired how much effort Merlin had put into Alton and Thorpe's mazes, which are actually on an International standard.

I think it's going to be good. I doubt it'll be a pay-per-ride, firstly because of the queue, and secondly because of the way they are advertising this. The queue wouldn't be that long in the plans if this wasn't to be free, and remember when Alton advertised Terror of the Towers and they had to make it free because of this? I think because Thorpe are implying that it is going to be free now, it has to be. That and the queue persuade me.

The fact it's on a boat is a bit wierd. I agree strongly with marc in which if this was a queue for Saw: The Ride it would be beautiful, but a seperate attraction is a bit dodgey. Talk about milking a franchise.

However, from a personal opinion, I absolute love it and can't wait!

That video wasn't that impressive, was it? Obviously you cant judge these things until you've been on them, but still, it didn't look that good, and the people just wondering around didn't seem that impressed either.

^That's because Universal focus more on the sets and themeing rather than actors in their attractions. Hopefully Thorpe's will have plenty of actors but not too many that it takes the attraction out of context and how it's meant to be tied in with the films.

I'm hoping they'll use the location of it on the Belle to create a new storyline for the attraction which would make it more original and means people who aren't fans of the films or haven't seen them won't be clueless about all the film tie-ins.
I personally can't wait though as it's great for the Haunt industry in the UK and opens up the market to more people.

^You really think they will pay for actors? I don't tbh I can see this being like the Universal one for most of the year with a few actors during Halloween events just like on Saw the Ride.

^Oh I hope not, that would suck. But make perfect sense.

I can't see how it would work without actors. That one at Universal (I presume you're meaning that House of Horror's thing in Hollywood) kinda works because it has awesome theme, but no particular direct theme apart from being of 'horror films'. You can have chucky jumping out of barrels. It works.

As Saw, what would you do? Walk around the sets but without people in them? Or have crappy animated people like Blackpool would do. They've got to use actors surely. Hopefully!

Yes, but also bear in mind, the first budget that always gets the chop in Merlin attractions is the Ents team! If the Chamber of horrors at MT is anything to go by, numbers are cut back quite quickly.

I hope that TP do not suffer the same fate...