What's new

Saw Alive: Thorpe Park Horror Maze for 2010

Just found out some interesting info about the new attraction. If it's true then it should be good and really help the throughput as well.

And Thorpes new website is ok I guess. Got used to the old one but I suppose it's about time it got changed again.
And lol at the broken webpage message. :p

Well I don't know if it's true or not but from what I've heard the attraction has a really cool pre-show section.
Usually in haunts they send in one group at a time but here they've got two rooms at the start that are identical so it means they can brief two groups at the same time thus making the throughput much faster but also allowing enough time for the groups not to catch up with each other.
A simple method but should work really well.

^There's plenty of space. The Belle is pretty large. Just before only a small section of it was open for the public to use the loos. Also haunts are easy to set up in small spaces. Look at how much they can fit in Hellgate and the other mazes during fright nights.

Belle was also used for the Education talks if I recall...

So basically they're doing what Disney have been doing for years with two separate rooms for the same pre-show? Lol...

I can see this happening. It seems like a good idea seeing as there certainly will be massive queues for this. ><Hopefully><

I still have a mixed view on this. A once or twice only attraction though so by the end of the year people wont bother with it, thats my problem with this. If it is then no updated before next season will people still want it.

How many times do you do the normal mazes at Halloween maybe once or twice then the shock is over ?

Dont get me wrong though I think its a good addition I just do not see it as an attraction that can last long maybe one or 2 years. It is not something I will be doing, just does not interest me but I look forward to hearing what people (not Ollie) think of it.

It is good that they are having 2 pre shows to keep the queues down.

I agree with you Marc. It will get boring; for me, fright night mazes got tedious after 2/3 goes on each of them. Having said that, I'm all up and excited for another Saw attraction as I'm totally in love with anything Saw related :) If it was to be kept longer than a couple of years, then I would hope for a revamp as even average visitors who come a few times a year will probably get bored of it.

Like the fright night mazes they'll always be changed slightly and improved each year. They'll have lots of hiding places to use to their advantage. Also the cast wont always be the same and even if you do end up with the same actors then it still wont be the same twice.
This is completely different to other rides such as Hex, Duel and Tomb Blaster where it's exactly the same ride each time but people still go back and re-ride them loads.

Ollie said:
This is completely different to other rides such as Hex, Duel and Tomb Blaster where it's exactly the same ride each time but people still go back and re-ride them loads.

That's because Hex is awesome, and Duel and Tomb Blaster are both great fun with a competitive side to keep you coming back...

Ollie said:
Like the fright night mazes they'll always be changed slightly and improved each year. They'll have lots of hiding places to use to their advantage. Also the cast wont always be the same and even if you do end up with the same actors then it still wont be the same twice.

Yes I know what you mean, but as of yes we don't know if the live actors will jump out or just be used in the traps and things. I just hope they do keep updating it from year to year. I am not being negative or anything like that just saying how I see it.

Is there and age limit on this btw? If not I can not see it being that gory.

I like Hex but the others I dont bother with.

^I know what you're getting at.
And there won't be an age limit but like Saw: The Ride and the other mazes at Halloween they'll give it a recommended age and have a board outside the queue saying what to expect inside such as strobes, smoke, latex masks etc.

I can certainly agree with those who think the "re-ride" potential is minimal.

I know from the Chamber of Horrors at MT. the first few times it was great. Lots of making me jump and so on. But after a while it all becomes rather samey and you know exactly what to expect etc. This wasn't when I worked there btw, this was before. You can just imagine how bored I was to go through it when I did work there and that was with the ents team going even more scare-nuts because they know who you are. It just loses the appeal.

I will probably do the SAW one once, maybe twice but I really don't see it being something I will do again and again like an actual ride.

^Nope. Not that I've heard. You can tell that anyway by just by looking at the length of the queue in the plans.

I'm really looking forward to this, a new Scare Attraction for the country, it's fantastic news!

The two pre-shows (if correct) is simply there to eliminate Bottle Necking, which Ollie has already pointed out so this was a pointless statementl. Anyway, swiftly moving on...

Looking at the rate of pay the actors are getting, that's an extraordinary amount for a Scare Atctor. No other company that I know of give that amount of money out for it, they usualy have a good rate of pay and 'Alot of perks' as they're put. These perks are like family getting in for free, getting the time you want, scaring guests, little games etc.

^ Where is the info on how much they're getting paid?

Shouldn't this be in the Construction section by now..?