What's new

Saw Alive: Thorpe Park Horror Maze for 2010

Don't forget even if you don't like horror mazes then it'll be good for you as this will help ease queues off everything else. You've seen how popular the mazes are at fright nights.
Something like this will be great for the Haunted Attraction Industry as it's still finding it's feet and growing in the UK. A year round haunt like this will really boost the popularity of such attractions and the public will love it because it's Saw and they get a good scare and kick of adrenaline.
Also if Thorpe find a way for this to break down then they truly fail. ;)

I heard about this over the weekend.

I just have one thing on my mind about it tbh. Had they themed the station, ride and queue line properly in the 1st place they would not have needed this 2nd attraction.

Should people do this before or after the coaster? Will it be linked to the coaster to finally explain what the coaster is meant to be.

Well at least it wont take up any room in the park.

Just one thing. If this is going to be using the space in XNWO's queue, then would that not mean that X is staying for a while. They can't knock down that building if it has a new attraction built into it.

And they'd better repaint the outside.

At fist I thought that clip was made by some fanboys, but I dunno now.

I hope this isn't just a horror maze where you just walk through it constantly bla bla, it would be cool if you were put in rooms with traps etc and you have to work your own way out. They could have tons of different rooms which could make a different experience each time.

You will never, EVER get me on that. Especially after having watched the vid of the universal one. Seriously, just ask Ian and Tom how much I freaked out at having to walk past one bloke in a pig mask.

Ollie said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOAc8lSnIG4[/youtube]
Just in case some miss it on the last page.

And Martyn I reckon it will be a walk-through like they do at Fright Nights. If they did what you suggested then capacity would be terrible. It's bad enough not being able to predict with a set route because you don't know how fast the group will be or how many will be in each group. Thorpe will want to create something that will send you through scenes and meet characters from the films (not the real actors obviously).
Also Thorpe should do well with the themeing and no-one can blame them if it's rubbish as Lionsgate is providing it for them unlike the ride where they just gave them a few props.

As soon as I found out this attraction is for next year and not 2011 (which I though it was going to be) I'm hunting down information and trying to squeeze information out of people to answer some of the questions that will be appearing soon. I've phoned a few people who didn't know it was next year either but hopefully I'll get to someone in my contact list who will tell. The people I know who are helping with the design and marketing are keeping zipped up. The only thing I want to find out though is where it'll be housed.
What I'm thinking is that it'll be in a big marquee or something if they want to keep it near saw. You don't have to have as much planning permission with that than you would a full sized building as it's temperamental. Will see what I can find out though. :)

I just hate the fact the park will have 2 Saw attractions. I wish they could incorperate this into the ride queue to make that wait slightly less depressing + more themed to the films!

As I said before.

Had they done the station, ride and queue line properly in the 1st place this 2nd attraction would not be needed.

Basically they will be finished with the props and maze in the USA within the next few weeks, so over to the UK it comes lol.

The only place I can think of other than Hellgate would be in the arena that is used for Se7en. Is that ever used at any other time? It's sort of near to Saw, just the other side of Canada Creek.

It would still be better if it were to be housed in XNWO's building.

You will find out soon where it will be.

He is a clue, think of the 2nd walk way that leads to where Saw is. The walk way that is not finished yet.

I could just tell you but that would not be part of the game :)

The Asylum building would be the most sensible location for this if you ask me, as the building has lots of room/height for extensive scenery and theatrical effects.

I’m quite interested to see how this pans out as it has the potential to be really good. However Saw Alive has got to be the worst Saw haunted attraction name I have ever heard.

Ollie said:
And Martyn I reckon it will be a walk-through like they do at Fright Nights. If they did what you suggested then capacity would be terrible. It's bad enough not being able to predict with a set route because you don't know how fast the group will be or how many will be in each group.

Perhaps this could be an up-charged attraction like the Chamber Live, Warwick Ghosts Alive and the Freak Show 3D Live were, hence reducing queues so capacity wouldn’t be as much of an issue.

Ollie said:
Also Thorpe should do well with the themeing and no-one can blame them if it's rubbish as Lionsgate is providing it for them unlike the ride where they just gave them a few props.

Where did you hear that? Lionsgate/Twisted Pictures make movies not haunted attractions, they might provide some more props and their opinion for Merlin, but ultimately they’re a movie studio.

^They provide the themeing. Thorpe/Merlin have to put it together with their team. Same happened with the maze in Universal. Lionsgate just gave them a huge amount of props and they built it using that. I didn't mean Lionsgate making it for them.

marc said:
the 2nd walk way that leads to where Saw is. The walk way that is not finished yet.

Have you heard its going there? I thought of that earlier it seems like the best place to put it and it would have a really decent length.

You could either enter it over by Crust then everyone would be running into the Saw area scared at the end of the maze. Or enter it in the Saw area and exit by Crust.

Ollie said:
^They provide the themeing. Thorpe/Merlin have to put it together with their team. Same happened with the maze in Universal. Lionsgate just gave them a huge amount of props and they built it using that. I didn't mean Lionsgate making it for them.

Where did you hear/read this? As far as I’m aware Universal discussed what they could do in their mazes with Twisted Pictures/Lions gate, but the construction of props and scenery was left to them.

^All the traps and props they could use in the attraction were used. If they wanted any extra stuff then the park had to make it themselves. So the whole attraction was done by the park but they got given a bulk of props from Lionsgate to use inside it. They then worked closely with them to see what they wanted and what worked best so it pleased both sides.

^So essentially Lionsgate are giving Thorpe Park a few props, whilst leaving the layout and environment construction to them? It would seem to me that the majority of theming is left to Merlin Studios in that case.

I, peronally, think it is a fantastic idea. This country needs more permenant year round Scare Entertainment. I mean, the ones we have now are good don't get me wrong, but once you've done one, you've nearly done them all, at least this being Saw will bring a new aspect into the attraction!