What's new

Saw Alive: Thorpe Park Horror Maze for 2010

I don't understand why everyones complaining about it being rough. It just isn't! Its as smooth as glass IMO. I didn't feel this bump at the bottom of the drop everyone is complaining about and the rest of the ride was flying.

Maybe its just me?

jokerman said:
Yes, its just you.

No, wait, you and Jools.

And me.

I've ridden it in various seats,front and back row,and found it smooth on every occasion.

Never noticed this jolt either,even though I've tried to 'look out' for it when riding.

I've not noticed it either. Well, not to the degree that people are suggesting; on one occasion there was a slight 'knock', but nothing that's bothered me.

I qoute myself:
andrus said:
EVERYBODY aren't complaining! I think the ride is quite decent, or at least it would have been without the horrible restraints.. The OTSR are so low that I had to keep my back bent (quite a bit) during the whole ride. And during some high-G areas (the dive loop) it hurt for real! But I didn't find the ride rough at all, but that probably depends on the fact that colossus, the definition of rough, is situated in the sam park! :p
I don't think the ride needs a re-tracking, I just wish they'll upgrade it with decent restraints.

I'm 1.83, my biggets problem is the restraints, I find the ride its self extremely smooth yes, but the restraints tighten themself as you go up into the immelman after the first drop.

photo0405j.jpg

Sorry to bring the bad news, nothing to do with SAW: The Ride, or any ride.
This is really what they should have done with the saw queue to begin with :/

I'm guessing as there hasnt been any planning permission this will be where hellgate currently is as theres no room where saw is at the moment???

I thought of a horror maze, on similar lines to PdT at Blackpool, and the old Sheer Terror that used to be at GYPB.

It will probably be quite as the Fright Night mazes are good.

Though having a maze all year round will take some shine of off the frightnights.

Ah yes. I thought they were getting a permanent horror maze in 2011 but I'm glad it's next year now. Thorpe really need a dark ride or something scary like this as they've been missing it ever since Wicked Witches Haunt burnt down. Hopefully if they do it well then It'll be great. Not sure where they're going to put it though.

It will probably replace Hellgate as there is already a queueline there and half of the X: No Way Out queueline is unused for half of the season anyway. So there would be the best place to put it, plus Hellgate is the worst maze by far anyway so wont be missed.

Yes but the path Hellgate takes is really short and only lasts 5 minutes. If they want to advertise it as a full new attraction and make it any goof then it'll have to be longer than that. Plus even though it's the maze nearest to Saw it's still quite far away from the actual ride and won't seem right.
Also Hellgate is made up of mainly narrow, dimly lit corridors which won't work for a Saw maze which will need a few open spaces to fit scenes in for traps.

Ollie said:
Yes but the path Hellgate takes is really short and only lasts 5 minutes. If they want to advertise it as a full new attraction and make it any goof then it'll have to be longer than that. Plus even though it's the maze nearest to Saw it's still quite far away from the actual ride and won't seem right.
Also Hellgate is made up of mainly narrow, dimly lit corridors which won't work for a Saw maze which will need a few open spaces to fit scenes in for traps.

I'm sure they'll adapt and re-build?

^The walls are fixed in Hellgate as they were originally used as the old XNWO queue. Also they'd have to remove the rotating tunnel that's inside it. It's a possibility but there's better places they could put it.

Thorpe Park Mania link with an image of a poster they've put up in the park:
http://www.thorpeparkmania.co.uk/news/2 ... ALIVE-2010

Are you ready to FACE YOUR FEARS and enter a new dimension of SAW? Coming Spring 2010 an ALL NEW SAW experience, SAW ALIVE. A brand new walk through horror maze experience for you to enter. Are you ready for SAW ALIVE?

After much speculation regarding the upcoming 2010 season Thorpe Park Mania can confirm that we will see a new horror maze opening in the park in Spring 2010, "SAW - ALIVE HORROR MAZE".

EDIT: Also skip to 1:55 of this video to see how Universal did their Saw maze. If the themeing is anything half as good as this then Thorpe have actually put some effort in otherwise it'll just be more fail.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Yc_dNrg5wo[/youtube]

Dark ride yes...

This no...

Hopefully it'll make even fewer people go to Inferno and stuff throughout the day so shorter queues elsewhere is win...

I'd like to think Thorpe could pull it off well, although i'm not holding anything to it.