What's new

RCT2 Help, Information and Requests

I've never found that command to work. The way I get around it is to just use zero-clearancing. That's the best way to do those kind of things.

CP6 I need help badly! Nearly everything I do on RCT2 now triggers an error (eg. I was just making some custom supports and I made a mistake so I started right clicking on the scenery pieces and I accidentally right clicked on the coaster which opened up the construction window and then the error screen appeared and it exited the game!). I don't know what to do other than reinstall RCT2. Can you help?

The Claw said:
CP6 I need help badly! Nearly everything I do on RCT2 now triggers an error (eg. I was just making some custom supports and I made a mistake so I started right clicking on the scenery pieces and I accidentally right clicked on the coaster which opened up the construction window and then the error screen appeared and it exited the game!). I don't know what to do other than reinstall RCT2. Can you help?

Hm... was the coaster hacked in any way? That may have triggered it. (I have about 6 extra rides in my 1910 park that I can't get rid of because of the error trapper things.)

If it gets to bad and you keep getting errors for little things (I used to get errors just opening a ride), then your only choice is to uninstall. If it comes to that, remember the way I tell people to uninstall so you don't lose anything (posted somewhere up above this).

Hope that helps.

OK thanks CP6. Oh and the only way the coaster was hacked was by placing a 4D coaster on top of it so it had the rails were along side the track on the lift hill. Once again, thanks.

Sorry for double posting but I guess no one has had any questions for you. Anyway I would like to know how you make part fo a ride invisible. For example the splash boats ride on The Masterpiece. How do you do that?

This one is can be a little difficult, depending on what ou want to do.

1. To make the whole ride invisible, just set that track type to 'crooked house' or one of the flat ride things. Be warned that the clearnaces above the ride will now be like 7-8 blocks high (zero clearancing stuff over top is the one way around).
2. To make only part of a ride invisible, you must build that section separatly and merge it with the first part (i.e. if you wanted the drop invisible, that would have to be a different track from the rest of your ride, just merged in together). For a merging tutorial with screens, just ask and give your e-mail.

*Note:
For many rides, not all pieces can be made invisible. I haven't looked much into this, but I know that diagonal track, climbing/diving turns, vertical pieces, and several inversions can't be made invisible and will give you an error trapper if you try to make them invisible.

hi CP6

i am having trouble getting this saved game to my house. I created it at a friends and i cant seem to upload it at my house. i have sent it through email, IM, and uploaded it onto the internet and downloaded but nothing works. It says cannot find item*numbers and letters here* But when i download other parks to my PC it just adds the item to the game.

I would be very greatfull if you can help me out.

Here is the file to download:

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=10667

Mike

You haven't exported the objects.

That number it says it can't find corresponds to a certain custom object (something that's not original RCT).

Basically, you gotta go back to your friend's house and open the park. Then click on the disk icon and go to 'options'. At the very bottom will be something about exporting plug-in objects. Check that box. Resave the game. The filesize should be bigger now, but reupload it.

Redownload and it should install the files. Whenever you're passing a park with custom objects to someone who might not have those objects already, you have to export the scenery.

Ok

Thanks. You make it sound so simple.

It has worked and im playing on it now!!! watch out for it in the RCT2 forum!

thanks again.

Mike

Hey Cp, i have a problem with my guests. When ever i build a new RollerCoaster, the people will as i call "cut" the line and will pass by everyone else, once they get to the entrance they will turn around and walk back. 2 things make this very strange

1.) when i click on the guest is says there queing for the ride, once they reach the entrance and they turn around it says there Walking
2.) This only happens with RollerCoasters, Never flat rides.

Is there a way to Prevent or even stop it from happening?

CP6, did you get the Track Merge tutorial on-line?

If you didn't, could you send me a copy? The address is in the profile.

Is there a way to import objects into a saved game? I've got half way through my new park and I've realised I'm missing a few critical objects. Is there a trainer/method to getting new scenery in a saved game?

Cheers

Vampire Freak:
Hm, the only time I've encountered stuff like that is if you mess with the queue line or the ride operating modes and all that stuff while people are walking into the queue. What I suggest is always use the continuous path thing... never place them one at a time... and always start from entrance and go outward. Hope that makes sense... just use the build path mode at the bottom that lets you build off the ground.. that one.

Ben:
I'll send it to you

Jonny:
Yes. There's this program or method called D-Import that lets you import or exchange objects. Personally, I don't know how to use it. I hear it's difficult. What I suggest you do is head on over to www.nedesigns.com and ask someone with experience like hobbes, evil wme, or tyandor. They can all easily help you.

um hi CP this may seem like a stupid question but can you raise a coaster excitement raiting by adding Scenery or is is soely dependant on the coasters layout?

Also BTW great sig i crak up everytime i see it.

^ Haha, thanks on the sig.

And yes, scenery can increase the excitement on ride... sometimes quite drastically. Cleverly placed trees or buildings as well as land formations can bump up the rating a bit. You just have to let the ride run for a while before it will show. Bear in mind that it's not much on the whole, but it's still able to be increased.

Of course... if you want to essentially 'cheat' with your ratings, you can make them whatever the heck you want using the Son of Beast trainer!

This is really bugging me at the moment. I'm using block brakes on my competition coaster but the block brakes cut out the coaster's speed to make the second half slow and dull. Is there any way to make it go through the block brakes at the speed which I've set the previous brakes at?

Sort of...

There's a way to sort of 'cheat' at blocking coasters. With this method, you don't actually use block brakes, just the regular ones to make it look realistic. Bur right before your brake run, put a samll chain lift section where it levels off to the brakes. One of those is all you need. That acts as the block section and doesn't really slow it down. You can dictate the speed by how much your brakes grab. Obviously, you can just use the chain section at the top of a hill or something and create the block like that, but it looks far more realistic for you to have the chainlift up into an MCBR. If you need screens, let me know.