What's new

RCT2 Help, Information and Requests

Are you looking for stuff that's like big and fast along the terrain, or a typical small/multiple lift mine train?

Also do you want just the standard mine train type or will any type do as long as it's mine train style?

Well I have got all the ideas for the ride it's just that I can't get the coaster to be really close to the ground at all times. How do you make a mountain that will suit the coaster and not the other way around?

Sorry but I got another question. How do you prevent the trees from leaving a ghosted image of it when you're in zero clearanced mode. I'm having trouble replacing the tress after what RJM said about them. Can you help?

First, the ghost images: If the clear scenery tool doesn't work (normally doesn't), then try building the exact same thing on that spot- same angle and everything. Then delete that and hopefully it'll take the ghost stuff with it. If that doesn't work, then I'm afraid you're stuck.

Now to the mine train...
I'm glad that you want to build the mountain first. It's the right way to do it... (although it is a lot easier the other way around.) What you need to keep in mind when making the mountain is where do you want the coaster to go and how high at certain points. Try to make the mountains look natural- avoid using the mountain tool in the editor. When building the ride, try to use the long mountainsides as your advatage, using the longest ones for the biggest drops. Use tunnels when you're stuck, but don't overdo it. Try wrapping things around the outside of the mountains and going in and out of valleys and stuff. When all else fails, do it the easy way- coaster first. Just make it look natural... don't pull everything right up to the track.

I'll look for some examples tonight after work.

The short form:

Basically all the track points the same way. You have to build up to the reverse point where the train will stall.. from there you have to delete a bit of track and build backwards the part to be travelled backwards. Then you have to hack another piece down on top of the reverse point, connecting with the original entry track. It's the opposite for the reverse back to going forwards again.

The long form:
Tutorial with screenshots coming soon

Use 8 cars trainer and add 5 mil or however much you want...

Or once you get to the end of the workbench thing in RCT2, you can choose to use money or not use money and how much and all that.

My RCT2 is playing up and nothing is working, can you make me the workbench if i tell you what i need?

Well it is only small, a 50x50, it was gonna be a pier so most of it will be water when i am done themeing, not an insane amount of custom scenary though, its nothing big.

I've tried making a park scenario with lots of money (for building whatever I want). What I want to be able to do is to close the park as soon as I get onto the game but I can't for some reason. I've tried evrything. Just incase you don't know what I'm talking about, I've drawn up a little piccy.

cp6help.jpg

EDIT: Incase you're wondering why I want to do this, I am trying to stop gusest from interfering with the game until I am finished with parks.

Yeah.. when you set the scenario options to no money based on park rating, the entrance will always be open.

Use a trainer like 8 cars and close the close.

Besides that, make the scneraio something like the 'build 10 coasters option'

Hi CP6,

I downloaded the rocky mystique thingy on NE designs and i put them in the folder: C:\Program Files\Infogrames\RollerCoaster Tycoon 2\Saved Games

It starts to load them and when it's "done" It throws an error at me that says something like "Access Violation-Error:Unknown"

Any ideas on how to sort this out?

Hm... does it do it on any other parks that you've downloaded lately. That error message doesn't come up often. I get it occasionally, but it clears itself out after 2 or 3 tries. The only thing I can tell you is to un/reinstall RCT.

To do this and keep all your stuff:
-Copy your RCT folder to somewhere safe (like My Documents)
-Uninstall it
-Go back in under the C drive and delete your RCT folder (not the one in my documents... the original)
-Reinstall RCT, add your games back in (the objects will have to reinstall as well with each park you open so make sure you've exported all those objects before uninstalling the folder. YOu'll want to have access to them.)

Hey,

I'm having trouble in using the 8 cars trainer when setting 10ft clearence for shops. I get a little message saying that 10ft clearence has been set, but nothing changes. Any ideas?