What's new

RCT2 Help, Information and Requests

I have a question about downloads for RCT2...

I have just downloaded the 8car per trainer, but I don't know what to do with it. I extracted the files from the zip folder and in the new folder I have the 8cars per trainer program (with a red roller coaster logo).
The thing is, I looked on the website I downloaded it of and It says RCT2 needs to be on before I can use the 8cars per trainer, but how is that possible when RCT2 covers the whole screen, making me unable to do two things at once...!

Thanks

Alt + Tab

It lets you scroll through all the programs you have up, including most full screen things. Alt + tab once to get back to the desktop, then open up 8 cars and go from there.

Thanks very much, it worked perfectly :)

But one other thing, I though the 8 car trainer came with more scenery and new rides. Will I have to download them seperately from other sites, and when I do, how do I get them to appear in the game?

Really sorry to double post, but this is urgent! It's about the 8 car trainer I downloaded just yesterday for rct2.

Today I created a new scenario and when I went to add money to my game, but a box popped up on the game saying something (which I can't remember now)

So what does this mean? Is there something wrong with that download?

Was it this:

Error Trapper-
Exception Raised?

That's the most common error with 8 cars- and one of the reasons to save often. Try it again, but if it still gives you the error trapper, you'll have to get the original version of 8 cars.

Yep that was the error. I'll go try that now, and where can I find the original version of 8cars?

HOW DO I GET MY 8CARTRAINER TO WORK! IM BLUMIN CONFUSED AND REALLY BADLY NEED YOUR HELP! I'VE GOT ?8 PATHETIC I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND I ONLY HAVE 1 ROLLER COASTER MY RE-MAKE OF STEALTH! PLS PLS HELPPPP!!!!!!

DON'T USE CAPITOLS FOR EVERY WORD PLZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!1111one.

Anyway what's the problem with your 8 Cars? You can get money from it by going to Money - Add Cash and pick much money as you want ($5 million is always a good amount of cash for any park). Your coaster problem shouldn't really be discussed here unless it's about advice on how to make good coasters.

Anyway I'm having a problem myself. I went on RCT2 and opened Roller Coaster Designer to see if I could make a single tracked coaster with a working duel station. I created one track, created another track on top of it which was a replica of the one below it (except the station going off in a differnt direction), used 8 Cars to lower it and tested it. It worked but the trains from the coaster I hacked onto the first coaster went into the first coaster's station instaed of its own. And after that the trains wouldn't go anywhere. I don't understand how this worked as I didn't use the Boat Hire Mode method which would've been worse to use. So anyway, how can I fix this problem or isn't there any way to do it?

This is just one of those things that people have tried, just never gotten to work. Honestly, I don't know why, but lowering the track that is pretty much the same as the track below will create merge between the two.
The best way is just to live with the one station, and maybe build a second to look realistic. Otherwise, there's not much you can do.
I'm still waiting for somebody to figure it out, but I haven't seen it yet.

OK thanks CP6. I wasn't actually making one for a park, I was just seeing if it was possible.

Anyway, when Thorpe_Dude was making his Tower of Terror ride I was trying to figure out for him a way he could hack the Elevator ride so it freefalled. I tried many times but I failed. Is there a way to make an Elevator ride freefall without it crashing or making it fall and stop every two seconds?

I think if you set the mode in Freefall Drop ride on one of the drop ride settings it should do alright for it. If not, then let me know and I'll experement when I have some time.

Hey Cp about Q lines, is it better to make them short or long. I have always made them long but now i'm thinknig that that might not be the best thing. Also what do Q-line tv's do, i put them in and they do absolutly nothing.

I made a scenerio for myself and when I go to play it an error pops up saying something like "Access violation exception raised. Error: Unknown". I can get to all my other parks but this one. I tried re saving it and everything yet it still doesn't work.

Any idea of how I can fix it? Thanks.

Vampire_Freak said:
Hey Cp about Q lines, is it better to make them short or long. I have always made them long but now i'm thinknig that that might not be the best thing. Also what do Q-line tv's do, i put them in and they do absolutly nothing.

It really all depends what kind of park you're going for. Currently, I don't opne my parks to peeps anymore.. they're more annoying then anything. For these I make the coaster queues long like real life. I think with peeps, the queue TVs increase the amount of time it takes before they leave the queue if it's too long.

Taylor said:
I made a scenerio for myself and when I go to play it an error pops up saying something like "Access violation exception raised. Error: Unknown". I can get to all my other parks but this one. I tried re saving it and everything yet it still doesn't work.

Any idea of how I can fix it? Thanks.

Hm, I think this may be one of those weird errors that can't exactly be fixed. If I remember right, I've had this happen twice before. First thing to check is to see if you can just take another created scenario (just go thru without selecting anything) and open it up. If it does open, then that other scenario file got corrupted, and, well, you're screwed. If it doesn't open then it's a game thing and you'll have to un/reinstall. I'd actually recomment un/reinstalling everything either way if the other one opens or not.

To un/reinstall:
1. If you have custom objects, I assume you'll want them back. Go into your RCT folder (Local Dixk > Program Files > Infogrames Interactive > RCT2) and copy your Obj Data folder. Put it somewhere else other then your RCT folder... like My Documents. You may want to save saved games, screenshots, etc... do the same with those.
2. Uninstall RCT through the Uninstall Programs thing...
3. Go back into the folder and physically delete your RCT folder and everything inside it.
4. Reinstall RCT
5. Put those files you took out back in.

Hey there.
Do you know of anywhere i can get the Squiggles Hopper ride exept the Bananza website. It doesnt work. Ive looked for it in some parks but they just have launched freefalls they call hoppers. URGH!

OK CP6 I tried it again but the Elevator thing still won't work. And I now have to more questions:

1. Is it possible to hack a Rollercoaster and an Elevator together?
2. Is it possible to hack Inverted Coaster loops onto a Flying Coaster?