What's new

RCT2 Help, Information and Requests

wouldnt let me download the second one either, and the transfer track hack that i tried corrupted my game ! ! ! ! ! ! :evil:

Hi ceder point i think we should have a topic for people to post work benches on, not only does it enable an exchange in objects but for some beginners who find it hard to start, it would be quite easy for them.

Well, I don't think it's really necessary. People can talk about that over PMs, and if people need them they can either ask me or go to a dedicated RCT site. I don't think it would help too many people, unfortunately. But thanks for the suggestion. Feel free to post others if you have them.

Hey CP6. How do I use relative zero clearancing because it zero clearances everything apart from anything I've built. Can you help me?

Ok well for example I have just built a flat ride and I want to put the archways over the entrance and exit buildings. So I go to 8 Cars and use Relative Zero Clearancing but when I go back into the game everything but the flat ride has been zero clearanced. What's going on?

Hm, that's odd. It should zero clearance stuff like ride entrances/exits. I really don't know what tell you. Maybe try another version or just use absolute. Absolute really isn't any different, just makes the stuff glitch worse while you're actually zero clearancing.

Alright, how do i compress a file and put it up for download ive never tried it before.

Cheers

I'm assuming you have Win. XP. If not, let me know. Find the file in your RCT folder and right click on it. Go to 'send to' and then 'compressed folder'. This will zip the file. Make sure you've exported your objects, before you do this...

For download, you have to find somewhere to host it, which is often a difficult task. Ask around and see if you can find someone who will do it for you. I don't know if Ed still has his service, but you may ask him... Once you upload the file, then just post the link.

ok i will ask questions in here in the future, sorry for all the questions though, i ma a newbie so i have a lot of them

Does anyone know how I can install the game as when try it comes up with an error saying "cyclic redundancy check" and a box that says ok. When i click the box it cancels the download.

Are you running off of a CD? It might end up being the CD.., which means you'll have to get a new one. That's not too bad anyway, considering they're only like $10 now.

Hi, i don't know if this is possible, but it would be a great help if it is.

Basically my RCT2 conked out, and I ended up re-installing the game. I copied all of my saved games before hand, and i've now got RCT2 working again. However when I come to open a previous saved game that uses custom scenery i get a message saying that it's missing a file and wont open :( . Do you know what i can do to resolve this, or are those games now lost forever?

Whilst writing this i've just remembered that that particular file also used scenery from WW and TT, which i dont have installed yet. Would that effect it?

If the park has WW and TT scenery (even if none has been placed), then you have to install those programs before it will open.

As for the custom scenery thing, I believe that the only way you can get the file to open is if you'd had the export scenery box checked before your RCT messed up.
(That's the box in the options menu saying something about exporting plug-in objects.)

If you haven't had that box checked, then I'm pretty sure they're gone. However I do recommend opening RCT and checking that box anyways, as it's necessary when sending parks with custom stuff to others.

When you uninstall rct the old rct folder will still be in your harddisk, with the obj_data folder inside. (At least when you uninstall the game normal and not delete the folder you installed it to and call the uninstalling)

Try to copy all the objects from the obj_data folder and put them into the new obj_data folder. That was your parks should work even without objects exported.

Thanks for the replies,

Unfortunalty i don't have the old obj_data folder, and installing WW and TT didn't work. Oh well, it would appear that i've lost them forever :(. Thanks for the help anyway.

Hey CP6. Do you know any parks that have a really good terrained Mine Train Coaster? I've trying been trying to get some ideas for the Mine Train Coaster that is going to go in Jungle Canyon (sorry for the spoiler he he!) but I'm stumped. Can you help me out?