What's new

RCT2 Help, Information and Requests

Hello again. Whats your RCT webby CP? o and also what is the site for the harry potter scenery?

My RCT Hacking Site:
http://cp6-rct.tripod.com/

As for the Harry Potter scenery, I don't have adresses to anything. I know I have a lot of the scenery in my files, but I don't know how I got it. Look for parks with the scenery in it and download them to install the stuff.

For HP scenery, I got a load with an Alton Towers download

http://www.atmania.com/rctfiles.htm

If you're interested. Just click AT 2005. You can only see the park if you have WW, but there's loads of custom scenery, rides e.t.c there. Could be your safest bet for HP stuff. Don't know if it's complete though.

Thats great thankyou but i was just wondering the page to view them aswell but it dosent matter thank you.

I've made a new bench for a park. It opens perfectly in the scenario editor, but when I try to open it in the game I get the "Error trapper" message, and the game shuts down. As it opens in scenario editor, I'm putting it down to a corrupt ride file. Is there a way to find out which one is corrupt without trying them all? Or is there a completely different solution to the problem?

Thanks in advance.

^ I tried the datchecker, but it only complained about RCT2 scenary, all my custom stuffs fine. Any other suggestions [although it looks to be leaning towards re-instalation...]?

Yeah, I can't offer you anything unfortunately. Whenever something goes wrong with mine, I copy my entire RCT folder into My Documents, uninstall, manually go in and delete the original files, and reinstall everything. Then it just takes a bit to add back the parks (especially if you have as much custom scenery as I do).

I've had the error trapper, and I don't know why, but this seems to work for me.

Error Trapper among custom built scenarios often comes when you save it, then decide it's missing something, so re-load it in scenario editor, add stuff to it then re-save it over your existing one. When you open the new one, it seems to crash. I don't know why. Solution: Open your original saved file in scenario editor and just save as a different name. For some reason, this seems to work quite well. You can go back and delete your original saved file.

^ Hm, I've never gotten an error trapper like that before. With mine, the trees tab would just disappear. After reinstalling, it's good now.

Hello I really want to make a good theme park - but I just can't! When ever I make the entrance I don't know where to go from there and all the rides end up close together and it gets crowded and when I do try and space it out it has to go round the boardes and I can't go in the middle!

Can anyone give me some useful tips/advice?

To Mr. Loop:

Here's a bit of what I can tell you. I'm just gonna type as I think so bare with me.
There's a couple types of basic park layouts to follow. One of the easiest is the Islands of Adventure style. Basically, your park is a circle around a giant lake. You can have branches and stuff, but it basically all is one big circle. I mean, you certainly don't have to do a lake, it could be a mountain or something else. The next type is Disney hub style. You have a midway going to the center of the park and the spokes like a wheel branching out to different sections around a central feature, like the Disney castle. All these can be interconnected from the outside, but it's main formation comes from that center area. The next type is just a double or triple loop format. I find this one harder actually, but it just involves a couple interconnecting loops. I think Kennywood may be one of these. Like, it has a midway and then two circles on either side. The last way is something like Blackpool where it's just an unorganized mass of stuff. This one is really only good if you're going for that carnival atmosphere. But in short, the IoA style around a lake is really your best bet. I mean, you can modify it however, but I'd just go with that kind of thing.
Another important thing to remember about parks is to divide them into themed areas. If it's not all the rides tend to come one right after the other in a straight line thing, which looks horrid. I've found that when starting a park, it's best to pick places for sections and start building. Never just build out from the entrance, it will all end up packed together. When doing sections, be sure to have like a staple coaster and then some flats. Don't overdo it on rides in a section. Maybe 5 flats max per section, depending on how big the park will be. Also, remember this about pathing: straight lines are bad. I can say that I used to connect all my sections with just a 3 across straight line path with some bends and stuff. Not good. Paths should be free-flowing, constantly changing size and looking natural in place around the architecture and rides. Make sure every piece of path you put down (and architecture, I'd say) has a purpose and a good reason for going there. I think the following park links will help.
Anyway, onto the links. These parks are New Element Spotlight Parks, the highest honor a park can get. There are others besides what I post here, but a lot are RCT1. Ask me if you want others, as I have a lot of recommendations. I've also included a link to Rivers of Babylon, my all time #1 RCT2 park. So here you go, thanks for reading.

Rivers of Babylon:
http://www.nedesigns.com/?ne=spotlight&s=rob
Bijou Magique:
http://www.nedesigns.com/?ne=spotlight&s=bijou
Ports of Magia:
http://www.nedesigns.com/?ne=spotlight&s=pom
Islands of Enchantment:
http://www.nedesigns.com/?ne=spotlight&s=ioe

-------------------------------------------------------
Alright, I'm done with that... now for your question, Dude.

Invisible track is a real simple hack with 8 cars. All you have to do is go under the edit ride stats menu and find your ride. Then change the track type to some flat ride or food stall, like "Crooked House". Click apply and track will be invisible. However, be careful. Now you've given the invisible track properties of the Crooked House. That means that the height clearance above the track is now like 8 squares. So you'll have to zero clearance stuff over it from now on.

Thanks very much CedarPoint6, I checked out Rivers of Babylon and all I can say is WOW! All that detailed beautiful scenery, how did yiu do it all? I can't even attempt it! How long did it take before you master something like that, and how did you practice to make it look so great?!

Oh, those aren't mine... I couldn't come close to that kind of work. I just offer the links.

For Rivers of Babylon, credit goes to sacoasterfreak
Bijou Magique goes to Turtle
Ports of Magia and Islands of Enchantment both go to Artist.

If you'd like more, let me know.

Hey CP6. I know how to do the transfer track trick but sometimes when I change the mode of the ride (to downward launch) it doesn't work. Why is this happening? Does the land have to be perfectly clear of scenery floating or not because that's what I think it is.

^I can't get it to work on Giga coasters. The train comes out and falls off the end. Seems to work on most B&Ms though. I guess it only works on certain coaster types. You can often change the track and train type to make it look right though