What's new

RCT2 Help, Information and Requests

Hardy- To build walls, press and hold the shift key. Moving the mouse up or down with raise/lower the scenery object. Another helpful command is using the control (ctrl) key to put objects at a certain height quickly. Position your mouse over one object of the height you want to place the rest of them at and press and hold control. The scenery is now locked at that height.

N:I Rocks- The 8 cars trainer comes off of a geocities site. It was made by ja227 and comes in an RCT 1 and 2 version.
http://www.geocities.com/jmanderson_200 ... ainers.htm

CedarPoint6 said:
I'll talk about track merging later... I have a premade tutorial for that.

You can add me to your list of people who is hopeless at track merging. Everything I try seems to go horribly wrong.

Tutorial soon please. . . :?

This is kinda complicated so here goes.....

When I used the Zero Clearence thingy on 8 cars to do some sprucing up. So I decided to test my woodie and everytime the train passed a tree the tree would kind of chop in half or disappear completely. Please explain.

Have you restored clearances? Always, always, always restore clearances as soon as you're done hacking whatever you need. You'll get glitches like that while it's still in zero clearance mode. If it still persists, delete the tree and put in another.

Also, ride merge tutorial coming as soon as I feel like puting it up on the web. For now, AIM me if you want it... otherwise, expect it tomorrow maybe.

Solved my track merging issues now. \:D/

Quick question: what's the best way to add catwalks to inverted coasters? Running a length of path underneath works OK, but you lose the supports, which looks odd. Is there a way of preserving the supports, or is there a better way?

Hm, good question. Inverts are hard since you can't do the 4-D track. I think Phatage or somebody might have made some non-glitching catwalks now- or you could put up with the old ones. A lot of times I use blocks and stuff (you can see this in my suspended from Sands of Time or the flyer from Winter Wonderland). Paths are a good idea, although I see your point with the supports... maybe just do some customs then?

Of course, I have seen some kinds of coaster track used. Here's 2 screens:
This I probably shouldn't even show since it's from Sands of Time, but this is what I did with my invert... it's kind of like a track for an evactuation car or something I guess.
test1.jpg

This is from Phatage's Prophecy and he used two kinds of coaster track to create a really nice effect imo. I believe it has to be on the diagonal, though, so it looks right.
test2.jpg

Hey CP6. I haven't asked you a question for a while so here's one now. Can you give me advice on how to make water slides? I've looked at your Crystal Springs Park for inspiration and ideas but nothings coming. Can you help? Oh incase you're wondering this is for my Jungle Canyon park which I have now released and you should see. Thanx.

Also just out of intrest, there hasn't been much updates for you Sands of Time Park. Do you have a set date fo when it will be finished?

Well, it really all depends on what kind of water slide you want. There's 4 types:
-Continuous (What comes with RCT)
-Linear (Nonworking)
-Linear (Hacked, Working)
-Continuous (Hacked Realistic)

Of, these, I've done 3 out of the 4. I know how to do Continuous Realistic, but I've never actually attempted it. That one requires about the same amount of hacking skills as Linear hacked does. Basically, this is the most advanced hack that I do. It involves backwards track merging, 3 tracks, and invisibility. It took me hours to do the last one and I still don't know if I could do it again. But if you'd like those done in your park, I'll be glad to try. Contact me if you need that.

And Sands of Time is currently on hold as I'm entering New Element's Pro Tour and have started another park as well. Don't worry, I still have the desire for Sands of Time, just other things come first now.

Could ypu post a down load for your Crystal Springs Park. I want to see it for some inspiration.

Ok this question is based on what you said about my park. How can I make the colours in my park intresting? It's the only thing I can't get right it's so bloody annoying! I've redone my buildings in the Rockslide Mining Co. are that reddish colour but it still doesn't look good. Also what trees do you reccomend to make the trees more colourful?

I've never been good at either of things, but I'll give it a shot.

Colors- Try to stick with a base building color for a certain section. This will probably be one of the duller colors such as black, grey, browns, or white. Then accent it with one to two colors on certain aspects of detail on your building. Experiment with different types and see how other people have done it in their parks.

Trees- Pick a good selection of trees from a similar climate zone (not like palm and firs). Try to have about 5 main tree types that are used at about the same thickness. Blend them together. Some of the trees should be full tile, and some should be quarter. Also vary the heights and color (light, dark).

Hey CP6. How can I make my own scenery packs? I'm thinking about restarting my park because I had left out some valuable scenery pieces but I can't get all the ones that I want. Can you help me?

Right, i think i can answer this one. When in the scenario editor, you have the advanced options where you can select just certain pieces of scenery from different packs that you have downloaded. These will appear in game in the ? tab if you have not clicked the main sceneary pack already. So thats how! Hope this has helped ;)

^ I'm sorry but no it hasn't helped. I already knew about that. What I'm asking is how you make scenery packs yourself like those Pro Tour ones. How can I go through making my own scenery packs?