9. Star Wars: The Phantom Menace
10. Star Wars: The Last Jedi
11. Solo: A Star Wars Story
12. Star Wars: Attack Of The Clones

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Don't you mean the three shows? What about the adorably ****e "Resistance"?

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
And people seem to think they are qualified to rank things... :pl

Seriously though, it adds less than nothing so don't worry about it lol

Howie

Donkey in a hat
^Looks... erm... slow?

Just kidding, I like that. I get much better vibes off that than I did the TLJ teaser. Title is kinda odd, but then most of the titles sound odd at first, we always get used to them pretty quickly.
Yeah man. Bring it on.

TommyAlex

Mega Poster
The title worries me...I'm worried the titular Skywalker will be Rey. Last Jedi did a lot wrong but one of the best decisions it made was to reveal Rey wasn't related to anyone, because her being a Skywalker, Kenobi, or a Palpatine was just too predictable and contrived.

pvnks

Mega Poster
Is that Palpatine having a giggle to himself at the end?!

I smell a sweet, sweet fan-service finale...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I assume the titular Skywalker is either Kylo or Vader?

davidm

Strata Poster
^^ yes.
Ian McDiarmid came onto the stage after they showed the trailer (at the Celebration event they launched it at).
Can watch the whole event here ; YOUTUBEY (Palpatine at ~1hr25 in)

and ^ I'd assume Kylo/Ben but who knows.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
To be fair, when this futuristic sci-fi movie's opening premise of "A Long Time Ago" is set in the past; I think weird titles and inversions are allowed.

Let's also not forget about our good friend, Ben Skywalker. ;)

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Movie trailers are ****ing stupid nowadays.

Stop giving away so much **** in the ****ing teaser. Could you imagine walking in and having absolutely no clue of Palpatine, and then hear his laugh. You probably wouldn't be able to hear the screen for 5 minutes with about of screams that would happen. Nah, let's burn it on the ****ing teaser. Cool.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Movie trailers are :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing stupid nowadays.

Stop giving away so much :emoji_poop: in the :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing teaser. Could you imagine walking in and having absolutely no clue of Palpatine, and then hear his laugh. You probably wouldn't be able to hear the screen for 5 minutes with about of screams that would happen. Nah, let's burn it on the :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing teaser. Cool.

I'm gonna push back on this. Remember how Ray being able to sense the Force was kept a secret? Snoke getting killed off in TLJ kept a secret? Going further into other good Disney twists: The Vision was kept a secret in Avengers 2? Hector being Miguel's dad in Coco kept a secret?

I'm gonna venture that Palpatine's reveal is not going to very pivotal to the movie. Or at least, not as pivotal as finding out which, exact Skywalker will be rising.

Also, The Mandalorian sneak peak from today:
more precursor as well: while this was rumored as a Boba Fett origin story, it’s actually a totally different Mandalorian, and takes place 3 years after Return of the Jedi.

balrog

Mega Poster
I don't know where you take your rumours from, but we knew it was going to be set after RotJ for as long as we knew it was about a mandalorian. The Fett origin story was never on the table.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I'm gonna push back on this. Remember how Ray being able to sense the Force was kept a secret? Snoke getting killed off in TLJ kept a secret? Going further into other good Disney twists: The Vision was kept a secret in Avengers 2? Hector being Miguel's dad in Coco kept a secret?

I'm gonna venture that Palpatine's reveal is not going to very pivotal to the movie. Or at least, not as pivotal as finding out which, exact Skywalker will be rising.

Also, The Mandalorian sneak peak from today:
more precursor as well: while this was rumored as a Boba Fett origin story, it’s actually a totally different Mandalorian, and takes place 3 years after Return of the Jedi.

Quicksilver death in Age of Ultron spoiled in trailer
Wonder Woman money shot
Aquaman money shot
All of Pacific Rim
Mewtwo reveal in Detective Pikachu (soon to be told on how big that will be, still would have had a better effect if not shown)
All of new Godzilla trailer (same as above)

If i were to go back and watch trailers for major films, I guarantee a large moment is spoiled in most/if not all trailers. I understand you want to draw viewers in, but for a franchise like Star Wars, here is all you need to do.

Black screen. Music.

Title.

End.

It will still get just as many people.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Nah, not quite.
  • A one second clip montage of: lightsaber power up, tie-fighter (or equivalent) speeds by, close-up of Rey's face, some overview of a planet from space
  • Black
  • Music
  • Title
  • End
That, that would be a trailer. :p

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Quicksilver death in Age of Ultron spoiled in trailer
Wonder Woman money shot
Aquaman money shot
All of Pacific Rim
Mewtwo reveal in Detective Pikachu (soon to be told on how big that will be, still would have had a better effect if not shown)
All of new Godzilla trailer (same as above)

If i were to go back and watch trailers for major films, I guarantee a large moment is spoiled in most/if not all trailers. I understand you want to draw viewers in, but for a franchise like Star Wars, here is all you need to do.

Black screen. Music.

Title.

End.

It will still get just as many people.

Everyone knows Mew Two was revealed in the original Pokemon movie. ;)

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Final trailer. Tickets on sale. I guess it's that time again:

Not gonna lie - that 2 minute trailer is better than the whole of The Last Jedi. Officially excited for this now. Love the re-worked theme music, very grand.