8. Hollywood Dream
9. Raging Bull

AquaTrax

Mega Poster
Mysterious Sue said:
AquaTrax said:
2. Apollo's Chariot
3. Shambhala
Everyone's allowed an opinion, but that one could do with a bit of qualification...

It was close, REALLY close, but I like Apollo's Chariot a bit more I just don't know why. I just did. Apollo is my #10 and Shambhala is my #11. I really don't know why. Something about Apollo is just a bit better in my opinion.

Diamondback is a bit overrated.

Intimidator isn't as bad as people say it is & Hollywood Dream is underrated for it's size.

Raging Bull is ****, and Goliath is underrated.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Fair enough, I suppose sometimes there just is no explanation.

I get the feeling that Apollos Chariot is a bit hit and miss, some people really like it and others think it's a bit meh. I'm afraid I fall into the second category, but maybe I just had a bad ride or something.

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
I rode Goliath yesterday and I'm riding Intimidator today and Goliath was awesome!

Goliath had an AWESOME first drop, AMAZING airtime on every hill and a VERY forceful helix. Words don't do it justice.

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
Mysterious Sue said:
Fair enough, I suppose sometimes there just is no explanation.

I get the feeling that Apollos Chariot is a bit hit and miss, some people really like it and others think it's a bit meh. I'm afraid I fall into the second category, but maybe I just had a bad ride or something.

I found Apollo to be one of a few coasters that I've ridden that got better with every ride, even after 20+ rides it just seemed to get more fun.

sparky2u

Mega Poster
Rode "Shambhala" or "Hyper 2012" yesterday morning as I was at the park for a week, what an amazing coaster, loved the floating airtime on each hill, the splash down & the speed hill with ejector airtime, I was expecting the front seat to be better though. Rode it about 30 - 35 times.

Some stats from http://elblogdedream.com/2012/01/04/hyp ... e-tecnico/

• Maximum height: 76 meters -
• Maximum Drop: 78 meters -
• Maximum speed: 134 km / h -
• camelbacks (Hills): 5
• Cost: 25 million euros.
• Duration: 3 minutes approximately
• Length: 1650 meters -
• Number of Trains: 3 trains with capacity for 32 people each train
• Maximum Tilt: 86 º grads - 74 º Approximately
• occupying Area: 14,000 square meters

Curiosities
• Some foundations for the supports is 18 meters deep
• There are more than 1,600 tons of steel in all estrucutra
• It has taken more than 4,000 cubic meters of concrete to build the foundations for the supports

Records in Bolliger Mabillard

Comparing hypercoaster PortAventura with all made so far by the Swiss manufacturer of roller coasters, we can see that PortAventura have the coaster taller, faster (no acceleration) and a greater fall of B & M and also in Europe, At the same time, after confirming the length of 1650 meters, we find the longest hyper B & M!

Bolliger Mabillard VS Intamin Records

For if we look at all hypercoasters whether manufactured by B & M or Intamin, we find that the record coaster highest this, we removed Intamin with Thunder Dolphin in the country Nippon, so we are left with the with maximum speed 134km / h as well as the longest drop of 78 meters.

Few close up pic's of the coasters lift hill peak n splashdown:

Closer:

Even Closer:

Reverse Splashdown:

Bottom right nut's paint does not line up like the others:

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
CanobieFan said:
Of the ones I've been on...

1 Apollo's Chariot Busch Gardens Williamsburg - Pretty much one of my favorite overall coasters!
2 Goliath Six Flags Over Georgia
3 Diamondback Kings Island
4 Goliath La Ronde
5 Nitro Six Flags Great Adventure
6 Raging Bull Six Flags Great America
7 Intimidator Carowinds

(Riding Behemoth at the end of the month <3)

Behemoth has been ridden (as well as Leviathan)

1 Apollo's Chariot Busch Gardens Williamsburg
2 Leviathan Canada's Wonderland
3 Goliath Six Flags Over Georgia
4 Behemoth Canada's Wonderland
5 Diamondback Kings Island
6 Goliath La Ronde
7 Nitro Six Flags Great Adventure
8 Raging Bull Six Flags Great America
9 Intimidator Carowinds

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^^^Don't have a clue what all that's about. :?

I don't understand why everyone seems to be counting Leviathan as a hyper since it's over 300 feet tall, but rcdb has it listed as one so might as well join the club.

1. Leviathan - speed + ejector & floater airtime give it the edge
2. Behemoth - most floater airtime of the lot
3. Nitro - I agree with Andrée on this one
4. Goliath (SFOG) - great helix & I grey out on the drop after it every time
5. Apollo's Chariot - good all around, but helix is meh & some floater airtime is cut short by curves
6. Diamondback - lots of floater airtime, but no helix
7. Silver Star - good floater airtime, that's all
8. Goliath (La Ronde) - same as above
9. Intimidator - good airtime, just not as good as 1-8
10. Raging Bull - great floater airtime on the 1st drop, but trims kill the ride (would shoot way up if I ever get to ride it trimless)

I'll be riding Shambhala next month and Hollywood Dream: The Ride hopefully next year.

Maverix

Mega Poster
Of the ones I've been on

1.Diamondback
2.Apollos Chariot
3.Intimidator
4.Raging Bull

I need to ride more of these things...

ultradude306

Roller Poster
Leviathan, Canada's Wonderland
Goliath, La Ronde
Behemoth, Canada's Wonderland

IMO, leviathan is the smoothest of the bunch, and has the most positive Gs, as well as providing great airtime. Goliath, as well as Behemoth seem to have this weird Rattle to them, with Goliath seeming to be the better ride, offering more airtime as well as a weird twisted hill that provides some interesting lat-air.

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
Since they are my favorite type of coaster and because I rode some this year, I am telling you that I changed my order.
---- Old List ----
1. Apollo's Chariot
2. Goliath
3. Intimidator
4. Behemoth
5. Diamondback
6. Raging Bull
7. Nitro

---- New List ----
1. Goliath
2. Behemoth
3. Intimidator
4. Diamondback
5. Raging Bull
6. Apollo's Chariot
7. Nitro

steel

Mega Poster
Leviathan has 100% more in common with Millennium Force than with any other B&M hyper/megacoaster, so I wouldn't consider it part of the same category at all.

For me...
1. Behemoth - just amazing airtime on every single hill, really a spectacular ride all the way through
2. Apollo's Chariot - the classic one, some real surprises hidden throughout the layout
3. Intimidator - I like the little touches of creativity in the turnaround and second hill, and there's a surprising amount of airtime in the front
4. Diamondback - didn't do as much for me for whatever reason, but it's still a fabulous ride
5. Raging Bull - I love my Raging Bull, but I'd rather have an out-and-back tbh

If I have to count Leviathan, it's easily number 1, like no contest. Front row of Leviathan is just bliss. Total unbridled speed, with very few chances to catch your breath. It's such a fantastic release of energy.

jolash

Mega Poster
1. Diamondback/Behemoth - I really can't decide between these two. Sure Behemoth is probably the go-to choice for most, but something about Diamondback really pleases me.
2. Leviathan - I guess this ride has to sit here by default. It's not as airtime-laden as the others but it's a giga, and gigas are all about speed and maintaining speed. But, if we compare this to Millennium Force, this just blows it away by far.
3. Apollo's Chariot
99. Raging Bull

Taxi

Mega Poster
Behemoth
Goliath (SFOG)
Apollo's Chariot
Nitro
Diamondback
Shambhala
Raging Bull
Silver Star
Intimidator (no airtime whatsoever)

ava1enzue1a

Mega Poster
Re: The best B&M Hyper coaster.

If Leviathan is ever to be called a hyper, then Millennium Force and I305 are megas and the term "giga" goes out the door. Just technical terminology though.

BBH

Giga Poster
ava1enzue1a said:
If Leviathan is ever to be called a hyper, then Millennium Force and I305 are megas and the term "giga" goes out the door. Just technical terminology though.
To be fair, though, this is asking about B&M Hypers. Leviathan is classified by B&M as a "Mega Coaster" which is their term for a hyper coaster, and is their only giga built so it should count as a hyper in B&M discussion and a giga in other discussion.