2. Mako
  3. Diamondback
  4. Silver Star
  5. Apollo's Chariot
  6. Behemoth
  7. Intimidator
  8. Raging Bull
  9. Nitro
I actually had a rather enjoyable and noteworthy ride on Intimidator. Still easily on the lower end of the scale, but far more forceful than I recall.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Ridden 3 more of these over the last couple of weeks so time for some rankings - I am counting Orion as a Hyper because it's basically the same ride hardware, just taller (I won't get into the "is it a Giga?" discussion :D)

1. Goliath (SFOG)
2. Shambhala
3. Diamondback
4. Mako
5. Orion
6. Raging Bull

Edward M

Strata Poster
Not counting Orion cause it's a giga. A pathetic giga but still a giga!
  1. Shambhala
  2. Mako
  3. Goliath OG
  4. Apollo's Chariot
  5. Nitro
  6. Candymonium
  7. Diamondback
  8. Intimidator

Hutch

Strata Poster
Gotta go through the rest of these threads which require updating. Haven't posted here since 2021, so I have some new stuff, but since then I actually managed to reride all the others except Diamondback.

1. Fury 325 - Redemption rides proved itself worthy. It's fast and its long. The giga layout still isn't exactly my style, but the airtime at the end keeps it interesting, and it's all just a ton of fun.

2. Shambhala - It checks off the three things I'm looking for in B&M hypers. Great airtime, smoothness, and fantastic layout. Location is lovely too.

3. Mako - Still has one of the best airtime hills ever, as well as one of the best first drops ever. Also benefits from easy rerides to make you fall in love more.

4. Goliath - One of the better layouts, and it does the rare thing where the moments get better as it goes on. Just suffers from some smoothness issues.

5. Nitro - Used to love this one, but my last ride didn't quite hit, even in the back row. Still a solid layout and holds up for its age.

6. Diamondback - Airtime is among the best, but it has the worst rattle of the bunch.

7. Raging Bull - Heavily elevated by the shocker first drop in the back row, but otherwise it can't hold its own. The twister stuff towards the end is fun enough though.

8. Intimidator - The worst layout of the out-and-back models. Three great camelbacks but it might as well be over once you hit the mid-course.

9. Apollo's Chariot - Aww. This used to actually be great but it's been significantly neutered as of late.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Huh. Would've sworn I've ridden more (numbers are relative to overall ranking):

24MakoSeaWorld Orlando
25GoliathSix Flags Over Georgia
39Apollo's ChariotBusch Gardens Williamsburg
48DiamondbackKings Island
54IntimidatorCarowinds
As a quick "bump" update - Hypers have been sliding in my overall rankings, all down 5 spaces apiece. Intamins and RMCs have been working in concert on the push.

lom.lom.lom

Roller Poster
Of the ones I've ridden:

1. Mako
2. Candymonium
3. Behemoth
4. Nitro
5. Apollo's Chariot
6. Diamondback
7. Intimidator

I'm really pumped to add Goliath (SFoG), Raging Bull, and Shambhala this year, I'm sure two of those could end up being my new favorite

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
1. Mako
2. Hollywood Dream (aided by backwards)
3. Nitro
4. Silver Star
5. Flight of the Himalayan Eagle Music Roller Coaster
6. Candymonium - up 1 in 2023
7. Apollo's Chariot
8. Diamondback
9. Goliath (SFoG)
10. Shambhala
11. Raging Bull
12. Intimidator

Just Canada to go.

The_bullgod

Mega Poster
Watching some of your lists, i will be very sad because in Europe there aren't many B&M hyper coasters.
So here is my short list:

1. Shambhala - PortAventura

2. Silver Star - Europa Park.

Last edited:

uwurawrus

Roller Poster
Let's see

1. Silver Star (Europa Park)
2. Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
3. Nitro (Six Flags Great Adventure)
4. Shambhala (PortAventura)

EmmaUK

Mega Poster
Ok, I’ll play

1. Shambhala - smooth, speed, great airtime, decent theming, easy winner

2. Mako - similar to shambhala, just less of it

3. Apollos chariot - much maligned but I don’t get it. Sure it was an early attempt so the airtime doesn’t hit the same, but it’s still a smooth v good ride

4. Candymonium- the first of the “oh it could have been so much more” ones in this list. It’s new, they knew the tricks, and yet it doesn’t quite hit

5. Orion - again it could have been so much more. They tried to be clever and it doesn’t hit. That first hill should have just been a straight camelback, rather than trying to be intimin or RMC, the turnaround is boring and half the hills don’t do what they should, such a disappointment. But at least it’s snooth

6. Unlike nitro - huge rattle. The elements all hit well, but the rattle does ruin it a bit

7. Unlike diamondback where the rattle ruins it a lot

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Huh. Would've sworn I've ridden more (numbers are relative to overall ranking):

24MakoSeaWorld Orlando
25GoliathSix Flags Over Georgia
39Apollo's ChariotBusch Gardens Williamsburg
48DiamondbackKings Island
54IntimidatorCarowinds
A couple new additions, and their respective overall rankings:
33MakoSeaWorld Orlando
34GoliathSix Flags Over Georgia
52Apollo's ChariotBusch Gardens Williamsburg
63NitroSix Flags Great Adventure
64DiamondbackKings Island
65CandemoniumHersheypark
71IntimidatorCarowinds

vaugc002

Mega Poster
I only have a few creds but here's my current ranking for these:

Diamondback
Silver Star
Shambhala
Behemoth
Nitro

(Orion and Fury 325 are omitted due to the hyper technicality)

Hudson_Woodlief

Roller Poster
As of now, I've only ridden 2. That being Apollo and Intimidator. If I had to rank them I would put Apollo over Intimidator, the airtime is far superior than Intimidator, although both are floater. Even though Intimidator has the most ride time out of any B&M Hyper, Apollo feels longer. Then again, I haven't ridden Intimidator since 2019, and I recently got some rides on Apollo in 2022.

Esther7

Roller Poster
Here's my ranking:

1. Shambhala
2. Mako
3. Nitro
4. Candymonium
5. Silver Star
6. Apollo's Chariot

Maybe Shambhala isn't the best, but it was my first hyper coaster, it's in my home park, and it was the one that made me fall in love with this world and want to try many more coasters. So I have a special affection for it.

I look forward to trying Fury 325 next year, I think it has a chance of taking first place in my B&M ranking. 😊