What's new

Crazycoaster

Don't expect anything to change in that area. The park have been forced to make an announcement because so many people keep pestering them about it on social media.

The park found out too late in 2015 that it needed significant work so they couldn't budget it. They closed it quietly, hoping it wouldn't cause many issues, whilst they decided to see if they could budget it in. Time went on, the money needed to reopen it increased, and any avenues they explored proved ultimately fruitless.

See this is the problem with Merlin. They report such massive profits as a whole, and yet a park doesn’t have the budget to fix a ride. It’s just complete negligence.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016

Looks like Thorpe are trying to claw out some positive PR after they officially announced the closure of Loggers, talk of infinity coasters and skywarps in the comments but it’s referring specifically to 2019 so no chance it’s a coaster.

Anyone know how long the licence for ‘Im a celebrity’ lasts? It’s lasted it’s usual few years for an actor lead attraction so could be getting some kind of retheme.

JoshC.

Anyone know how long the licence for ‘Im a celebrity’ lasts? It’s lasted it’s usual few years for an actor lead attraction so could be getting some kind of retheme.

The contract was for 3 years (2015-2017), with an option to extend for 1 year, which they obviously did. It has been removed from the website now, so I assume IAC isn't returning.

I don't believe that this post is hinting towards any sort of new attraction. In which case, they shouldn't be teasing anything imo and just announce it so we don't get ridiculous speculation of Gerstlauer infinity or Skywarp creds appearing out of thin air..

They also made a post a couple of days back with reference to 'HYPD'; an organisation which runs gaming events. If you look on their Twitter, they asked a famous Fortnite player if they were interested in taking part in a Fortnite tournament at the park.

Matt N

Just a little food for thought for you all... when Alton Towers announced the removal of The Flume during the off-season, there were signs up around the site promoting SW8 (Wicker Man) for 2018 by the time we got into the park for the 2016 season. Could a similar thing potentially occur here, but promoting a replacement for Loggers in 2020/2021? Of course no construction (presumably) will have occurred, but Towers didn't start removing The Flume until November 2016, so anything is possible, in my eyes!

Matt N

No, because there is no replacement for it. It’s not being removed to make way for anything else, it’s just being removed.
We don't know that yet, though; we've been given no less information about replacement here than when Alton Towers removed The Flume!

Ethan

We don't know that yet, though; we've been given no less information about replacement here than when Alton Towers removed The Flume!
I want to be wrong, but I agree with Crazycoaster here. It's really likely that nothing is replacing it. It's even more likely that they won't even tear Loggers Leap down and it'll be left to rot for years to come. I know you're an optimist and like to stay hopeful, but you're going to be let down here.

Don't worry though, the pessimism will come when the time is right xo

Lofty

I think the defining factor for 'replacing' is timing, and I think this is what you're not understanding fully, @Matt N

'Replacing' insinuates that this is being removed for a reason, it is being removed to make way for a new ride - hence something replacing it. This doesn't seem to be the case with Logger's Leap, it's just being REMOVED. The site may be used in the future, but up until then - there's absolutely no 'replacement' for Logger's Leap.

Matt N

Ah right, so you guys are referring to the fact that it's been SBNO for 3 years before the announcement of its removal, whereas The Flume was only SBNO for 1 month of Alton Towers' operating season before they announced its removal (after the announcement, it was SBNO for the entirety of the 2016 season.). Thanks guys!

Luca B

Ah right, so you guys are referring to the fact that it's been SBNO for 3 years before the announcement of its removal, whereas The Flume was only SBNO for 1 month of Alton Towers' operating season before they announced its removal (after the announcement, it was SBNO for the entirety of the 2016 season.). Thanks guys!
The park have said that while it is in their long term plan for Logger’s area to be redeveloped, it is not their primary concern. Also for now we shouldn’t be seeing any announcement for a new ride, as they are more focussed on the special experiences available for the park’s 40th anniversary, which should be announced in the coming weeks.

Matt N

The park have said that while it is in their long term plan for Logger’s area to be redeveloped, it is not their primary concern. Also for now we shouldn’t be seeing any announcement for a new ride, as they are more focussed on the special experiences available for the park’s 40th anniversary, which should be announced in the coming weeks.
Ah right. Thanks @Luca B!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Interesting, yeah. Illegal, also yeah.

High quality video too - smaller than 1080p and nearly five minutes of black video at the end. :p