What's new

PortAventura | Ferrari Land | New Area

Lofty

CF Legend
Hixee said:
Lofty said:
People moaned when Shambhala was built, moaning that it takes away all views of Dragon Khan - it's inevitable that coaster enthusiasts will complain that something is endangering their much-loved visual attributes and complain when nothing is built.
Pretty much! Isn't that the point of being an enthusiast? :lol:
Yeah, I suppose you're correct :lol:

GuyWithAStick said:
Shambhala compliments Khan. This compliments the corporate sponsorship and literally nothing else.
When it was being constructed, that wasn't the case - everyone went mental about it saying how disgusting it was and it's an eyesore etc. My point is, most people are fickle to change, simple as.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
This is a giant, bright red Ferrari advertisement. Nobody will change and say "It compliments the surroundings nicely". It'll stay as a bright red Ferrari advertisement until it turns into a dull, sunbleached red Ferrari advertisement. I seriously doubt people will change with this. We hated it when it was announced, and we still hate it.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I just want to see more pictures of that brake run... :lol:

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I'd forgotten it was happening.

How? How can the tallest coaster in Europe just be so blah?

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
I do personally think that one of the reason why we hate this new coaster so much is the fact that we got an inferior product to what has been constructed for the rest of the world. It wouldn't be so much of an eyesore had we got something more substantial, with the cable launch technology we expect with this type of coaster.

I think THAT is a huge factor as to why most people hate it. Ruining the skyline for something so uninspired.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
^That's a good point actually. Having taken a look at the park a few weeks ago, the tower itself actually, dare I say it, looks quite good in the flesh (even with the new track style and ferrari logos), but it's the rest of the coaster that sticks out. Having done Ispeed which clocks 62.1 mph in 2.2 seconds I'm not too concerned about the LSM launch to be honest (it'll still be doing 111 mph which is a thrill in itself), but it's the supports of the lower track sections and that stupid 'bunny hop?' at the end which ruin it. It would have been so much nicer if they added a more substantial airtime hill...or even reduce the height to about 300ft and add something a bit more interesting like a high speed turn. Or just build a Formula Rossa clone instead :p

Unfortunately, it is all very visible though....

wHH6gmW.jpg

From near our apartment...

PBsJXvB.jpg

...And even from Salou's beach!

I also filmed a construction update if anyone's interested:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8iaAepTy1U[/youtube]

On a side note, having ridden the vile heap of **** that is Furius Baco, with this massively superior (well, hopefully, unless it really does ride like it looks) going up next door, I can't help but wonder how much of a future Furius Baco has in the tank without a serious overhaul.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Not sure if anyone is bothering about this anymore but the coaster has lap bars! At least that's a plus!
198971308e9d23f61ba1ee79dd17120a.jpg

Photo credit: Owen holt

Ethan

Strata Poster
GuyWithAStick said:
I'd believe you if it weren't for this black vest-like thing on the restraint:

de8f5d7dcfbc04c14e92e5f0119f5eb9.jpg

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

You're looking at the back of the seat!

I assume in terms of seating and restraints, this will be the same as Taron but with the seats not elevated as high above the track I would imagine.

Lofty

CF Legend
GuyWithAStick said:
I'd believe you if it weren't for this black vest-like thing on the restraint:

de8f5d7dcfbc04c14e92e5f0119f5eb9.jpg

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk
Yeah, as above...

So take that sarcasm and run ;)

Dar

Hyper Poster
Andreas Andersen from Liseberg tweeted this picture of the trains on the track:

Csu55M9XEAA79f1.jpg

Still a bit indifferent to this as a whole, but I do like the white stripe down the side!

davidm

Strata Poster
Yeah there appeared to be a EAS/IAAPA related tour of the site happening

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Portaventura_ES/status/777943546783535105[/tweet]