What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

Kebab

Giga Poster
New video from PAC with some really interesting 'passenger seat car' shots. Gives you a great perspective of this thing!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOHt0hjHzV0&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]

Lofty

CF Legend
The back-end view of the park from the TV-3148 <3

I have to admit, the park's skyline looks much more impressive now.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
The more track they build the more I like this monster.
Plus that Skyline is to die for. Just hope they keep the paint looking fresh.

reddude333

Giga Poster
It's pretty crazy to think that camelback hill is so tall after the splash. I am so interested in seeing what people say this rides like. I definitely have high hopes for it.

spicy

Giga Poster
Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

Port Aventura was already a great park but this has put it right up there with some of the worlds best in my opinion.

This coaster offers a completely unique experience for Europe (barring Silver Star) and most of us would have to go to across the pond to experience a B&M hyper like this and of this scale.

Yeah, I'm pretty excited about riding this!

Lofty

CF Legend
reddude333 said:
It's pretty crazy to think that camelback hill is so tall after the splash. I am so interested in seeing what people say this rides like. I definitely have high hopes for it.
I know. I was thinking exactly the same, I've got the feeling that the "Splash down" is going to either be one of 2 things, Simulated, or REALLY small.

reddude333

Giga Poster
Well if it's like other B&M hypers it will be caused by those scoops on the bottom of the last car (someone please correct me if I'm wrong)

Lofty

CF Legend
reddude333 said:
Well if it's like other B&M hypers it will be caused by those scoops on the bottom of the last car (someone please correct me if I'm wrong)
No. You're right, I was just judging it on the size of the following hill.

But, they obviously changed the design when they did the "Krake" scoops as that's used just after the initial drop before the Imelmmann. The discussion in the Krake topic on here was endless as to if it was going to be an ACTUAL splash down, which it turned out to be so, so I'm not doubting this won't!

New:

Animated logo from PA itself:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1-fCl70bvQ&feature=share[/youtube]

Edit:

Few more shots:

423782_302163516517206_128159303917629_832632_257281894_n.jpg

419682_10150704718314534_41385529533_11132230_334985819_n.jpg

More here:

http://www.pafans.com/actualidad/rep-shambhala-rollercoaster2012/

Another Edit:

http://elblogdedream.wordpress.com/2012/03/07/shambhala-las-obras-vistas-por-fans/

Just, wow. That's incredible, it looks so good up-close.

Tony

Hyper Poster
I love how the drop into the splashdown goes straight under Khan's first drop.
ShambhalaCoasterConstructionDSCF1628.jpg

If this is a real splashdown and not an artificial one will the splash not hit Khan's drop?

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
^ It certainly looks like it would. :S

But it'd have to be extremely precise timing for both rides to be there in the right place at the right time. A bit like how you used to get wet on Canada Creek Railway if the train was passing Loggers Leap at the right time, and sometimes your feet get splashed when you're going past the Log Flume on Flambards's 'Cyclecopters'.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Theming looks let it's coming along well. I really can't wait to see what the finished product will look like, seens as PortAventura does like it's theming.

Kebab

Giga Poster
If this thing couldn't look any sexier...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M17CNvmvrI[/youtube]

oriolat2

Giga Poster
New official video from the park:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3QW4avSqzA[/youtube]

If you look closely you can see that some buildings are starting to be themed.

RCS have also completed the second camelback after the splash and they are starting to section leading to the MCBR:

th720_54beeeb84e26d9515140ceab1e628ceb.JPG

Oddly, PA let some enthusiasts into the construction site to snap some close-up pictures. There they go:

ShambhalaCoasterConstructionDSCF1650.jpg

ShambhalaCoasterConstructionDSCF1595.jpg

ShambhalaCoasterConstructionDSCF1641.jpg

ShambhalaCoasterConstructionDSCF1587.jpg

ShambhalaCoasterConstructionDSCF1600.jpg

Is it the angle or the splash section will be very short? Besides, it looks like Khan riders, if timed properly, could get sprayed... :lol:

ShambhalaCoasterConstructionDSCF1656.jpg

ShambhalaCoasterConstructionDSCF1614.jpg

ShambhalaCoasterConstructionDSCF1618.jpg

ShambhalaCoasterConstructionDSCF1643.jpg

Source: DjJavi5x from PAFans.com

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That turnaround is sexy... strange, but sexy... :p

Mark

Strata Poster
It makes me a little sad that this now totally overshadows Kahn, I adore that coaster...

KKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN (for Big Johns & Ians sake)

However that sadness is also overshadowed by how epic this looks. The only BnM hyper I have ridden is Silver Star... nuff said :p

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Mark said:
It makes me a little sad that this now totally overshadows Kahn, I adore that coaster...

KKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN (for Big Johns & Ians sake)

However that sadness is also overshadowed by how epic this looks. The only BnM hyper I have ridden is Silver Star... nuff said :p
You poor sod, get your ass down to PortAventura and get on this sexy beast.

Kebab

Giga Poster
th720_5312bdcea67baa40c47b844fc6994e3c.jpg

The splash-down area and the mountain interests me here, if they pull this off, this could be the nicest themed hyper in the world.

Lofty

CF Legend
Kebab said:
th720_5312bdcea67baa40c47b844fc6994e3c.jpg

The splash-down area and the mountain interests me here, if they pull this off, this could be the nicest themed hyper in the world.
I think there's a high chance it will be themed that well to be totally honest with you. Solely for the fact that the building's in the area that have been slightly themed are already looking fantastic.