What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

Smithy

Strata Poster
It's got to be the angle of the picture messing up the depth of it surely, it won't be as tight as it looks surely? :| Loooks ridiculously good.

tks

Strata Poster
th720_DSC_0434_1329486828.JPG

Pretty tight to me.

Mark

Strata Poster
Is there a decent recreation video anywhere. The last few I have looked at on youtube all appear to have got the 'ampersand' bit completely wrong?

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I don't know if you saw this one, Mark, but:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LurYe5RIG6U[/youtube]

Not even this one got the & roll right, though... but this is as good as it gets when it comes to fanboy recreations. Unfortunately the park hasn't released any rendering videos :(

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Update. The speed hill has been completed and the second camelback is starting to go up!

th720_Montana_rusa_2012_AMM_1330187700.jpg

th720_Montana_rusa_2012_AML_1330187697.jpg

I reckon that this hill will be erected in no time and there are "only" a couple more hills to hit the MCBR. My bet is that PA were behind schedule but the people from RCS have been working around the clock to complete the installation on time to start testing as expected: in mid April.

Source: Jhona from PAFans.com

iblamefish

Roller Poster
Can't wait to see the ampersand from the other angle. It's like some kind of crazy element which someone would have made up in No Limits - a kind of inclined loop in the air with turns on either end. <3

Martyn B

CF Legend
I must admit, I never had any plans to visit PA this year, but I do now find myself trying to fit in a cheap weekend away.... it just looks incredible.

Kebab

Giga Poster
th720_27_13_1330358169.PNG

That hill is pretty damn low if you ask me, and more work on the station is being done:

th720_sh20_1330352748.jpg

Won't be too long now.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Second parabolic hill almost complete and it's looking good:

rollercoaster2012-206.jpg

rollercoaster2012-207.jpg

And work on the building (queue area? restaurant?) is also progressing nicely:

rollercoaster2012-208.jpg

rollercoaster2012-209.jpg

I am happy to see that RCS are speeding things up!

Source: Jhona from PAfans.com

iblamefish

Roller Poster
I quite like the idea of that speed hill between the helix and big hill now that I see it. It's gonna speed over there and give a decent chunk of air time I reckon.

I hope.