What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

Lofty

CF Legend
^ In terms of layout, I don't actually think it is, in my opinion, apart from the Turnaround Helix, Diamondback has a much stronger layout. I'm not complaining about Shambles at all though!

reddude333

Giga Poster
Eh, I thought Diamondback was just as good as any other airtime machine...maybe sub-par. Not saying it was bad by any means, just nothing spectacular in my mind. But yeah, aside from the turnaround (which is sexy) this doesn't seem to have the most inspired design...but then again, I don't think it needs to to be an amazing coaster. I agree that theming could really make it for Shambhala.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Nothing important to update, just work on the station and area, pictures are up here. I'd just like to share these wonderful shots I've found. <3

th720_a98347c9b6621e174a23fee3f92e7312.JPG

th720_bd368850445c563eafac154a719e7466.JPG

th720_55cd5f4b3fed91ead7ba3a607b2f051d.jpg

th720_117ac983a038fce1fad3d5f91a4b61bd.JPG

th720_3873bbcedf6fefccb3cdea308a6bf7fd.JPG

Yum!

Lofty

CF Legend
That's a LOVELY cattlepen "shed", ala Khan. Oh dear, I hope it's not as BAD as Khan's, who am I kidding, of course it will be...

Kebab

Giga Poster
^Dragon Khan is like a labyrinth, not half as bad as like Rita/Stealths cattlepens though. I don't mind Khans, it actually has a nice view, I'm guessing Shambhala will too, unless it's indoor like Furius Baco?

Lofty

CF Legend
Khan's? Good View? The horrible Dragon in the centre then the roof overhangs most of the edge of the queue refraining you the view of the coaster.
I actually prefer Baco's Cattlepen, if not for the Soundtrack, just for the little bits of theming here and there. Not like Khan's has ANY bar that, (as mentioned), horrible Dragon.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Kebab said:
^Dragon Khan is like a labyrinth, not half as bad as like Rita/Stealths cattlepens though. I don't mind Khans, it actually has a nice view, I'm guessing Shambhala will too, unless it's indoor like Furius Baco?

Wait until you queue for The Swarm! Burdenous OUTDOOR queueline of vom <//3.

Brookes

Giga Poster
^^That is a fantastic photo, can't wait to ride this in the summer. I actually quite like the interaction with Khan's lift hill.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Seems that more and more fan website have been allowed inside the park to snap some unusual and exclusive shots of the new ride:

th720_99d4dd0d92bd8d54df97ab93cf2fa987.jpg

th720_e04b320dafb8e3e8d0a8ad42ea0b6665.jpg

th720_d22c391ec08aaf9eb571bb0547f3aab6.jpg

th720_b8b5505bba96d951482420ceb1d9c8be.jpg

th720_7e5fd7c1ab433e4dce8d159455ed9bdd.jpg

th720_da6b3f5f984b12629961d9a6cfe15cdc.jpg

Source: Posesionfriki.com

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I say this about a lot of rides, but I think this one takes the cake. I'm shocked at how photogenic it is. I'd have a field day with a point and shoot with a good zoom.

Lofty

CF Legend
th720_e04b320dafb8e3e8d0a8ad42ea0b6665.jpg

That's it, that's all I needed to see. PROOF that this hasn't DWARFED Khan as much as people moaned it would. It just looks like a forced perspective. I actually LOVE it.

Rob

Mega Poster
It looks perfect with Kahn, especially from the entrance, no dwarfing at all. All that concerns me is it does seem to detract a little from the themed areas with how much it sprawls over the China area.

As for the cattlepen arguement, I presonally really like PA's queues, they do cattle pen, but they do it in a nice way. They manage to create an atmosphere, due to a mixture of people being there, and themeing, and general storyline of every ride, whilst still being a cattlepen. Certainly nicer than SAW/The Swarm, and Rita, for that matter.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
VideoReview have posted an interview with the PR guy from PA. Although the video is in Spanish it also offers some nice shots of the ride.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0b2sKLNm9c[/youtube]

TBH, the interview doesn't add anything that we didn't know already but it's nice to see people from PA talking about the ride, since they have been quite 'hush hush' about the project so far.

pod

Roller Poster
The more photos and videos i see, i just can't believe how small Khan looks, yet when i went on Khan many years ago i thought it was intense. Can not wait to go back to Port Aventura to ride this beast :)

Lofty

CF Legend
pod said:
The more photos and videos i see, i just can't believe how small Khan looks, yet when i went on Khan many years ago i thought it was intense. Can not wait to go back to Port Aventura to ride this beast :)
I know I really shouldn't do this, but;

Height has nothing to do with ride intensity. Plus, Khan doesn't look SMALL now, it looks exactly the same, it just makes Shambhala look even bigger <3

Kebab

Giga Poster
I was about to say, Dragon Khan is huge in it's own rights, I mean it's one of the tallest inverting coasters in the world, now it has the priviledge to sit next to one of the tallest Hypers in the world! And the shots from inside the park are really impressive, I love the view from inside the area, I wasn't sure if it suited it at first, but those last few camelbacks hopping over Khan do give the impression of a mountain range. Very clever!