What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

CMonster

Giga Poster
Is it just me, or does this ride look really, really tall? Like, loads taller than its supposed to. Especially that first hill, it just looks massive... almost like it wouldn't make it (Obviously it will).

D1993

Hyper Poster
I think its looks so far a little better than the normal hypers.
Is it just me, or is that first airtime hill steeper than most?

Lofty

CF Legend
Venom2053 said:
It's going up quick now, its looking like another great B&M hyper and I really do like that turn around piece. We already can assume it'll be better than Silver Star but will it beat any of the North American hypers?
I don't think it's right to assume it's going to be "Better" than anything until it's done and people get a chance to see it actually riding. It doesn't matter if it'll "Beat" any of the North-American Hypers, it really doesn't matter whatsoever, it's in EUROPE, it's got NO real competition (in terms of height) for over 1000km away (Silver Star).

CMonster said:
Is it just me, or does this ride look really, really tall? Like, loads taller than its supposed to. Especially that first hill, it just looks massive... almost like it wouldn't make it (Obviously it will).
I don't think it 'Looks taller then what it's supposed to'. It looks as tall as it's meant to, it's meant to look huge, it's doing a great job of it! ;)

CMonster

Giga Poster
^ I agree, it's doing its job well! It's a matter of perspective, I must be thinking Khan is taller than it really is or something...

From pictures, though, this seems taller to me than Leviathan does. :?

Kebab

Giga Poster
Shamby! <3

I can't believe how long this is taking to build, I sure hope it's finished by June! Most of the supports are down now, it's just a game of topping the drop, finishing that helix/turnaround (need a name for this element...), filling the splashdown and then finish the layout. And theming? But I reckon they're working on that as it's being built. Give it 2/3 weeks and this thing will be complete and ready for testing!

Lofty

CF Legend
It's not taking long at all. If you consider what they've done from the start of ACTUAL construction, they've moved pretty rapidly.

It'll be open for May. Maybe the end, but May. I can bet on that.

spritex

Roller Poster
We are going to Barcelona for 4.-20.4. surely not open for public by then?
But I wonder if Dragon Khan will be operational...

Kebab

Giga Poster
th720_DSC_0408_1329397207.JPG

I can't wait to see that view coming from the airport.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That's massive, but look how cute Khan looks now... :lol:

CMonster

Giga Poster
See, that picture makes it look 400 feet tall. Is Khan just not as tall as I think it is?

On a side note, 2000th post! Only took 4 years... :lol:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Khan is ~150ft and it really is a very big and imposing coaster.

This thing looks so much bigger than 250ft at the moment...

spicy

Giga Poster
Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

Cresting that hill then going into one of the best helixes I think I have ever seen is going to be amazing.

Shame about the trim on the speed hill but as long as there aren't any before the helix so it gets taken at a good speed and should be quite a forceful element I imagine.