What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

spicy

Giga Poster
Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

That helix is one of the best looking coaster elements ever. Looks awesome.

Kebab

Giga Poster
B&MintaminGCI said:
I'm going to start referring to the helix/hammerhead as an ampersand, because from certain angles they look exactly the same. &
Amen, we have a name. Plus, I was thinking, I can technically ride Alpengeists first drop without riding it... Because if you split this 'Ampersand helix' in half, thats what you get! :wink:

Lofty

CF Legend
No, sadly, I don't think you will be able to ride it. From most sources, they state that it only opens in May time?

iblamefish

Roller Poster
Yep, I think it opens in May unfortunately.

I'm planning a trip out there this year, not sure if I should make it June so that I catch it when it's fresh out the box, or leave it till October when the park is empty... I went in October a couple of years ago and got Khan to myself 8 times in a row without them even opening the restraints. Epic!

Mark

Strata Poster
8-O

I haven't really been following construction but just popped in and saw that skyline picture... WOAH!

If only for the 'ampersand' element, just WOW. Looks awesome.

Lofty

CF Legend
iblamefish said:
Yep, I think it opens in May unfortunately.

I'm planning a trip out there this year, not sure if I should make it June so that I catch it when it's fresh out the box, or leave it till October when the park is empty... I went in October a couple of years ago and got Khan to myself 8 times in a row without them even opening the restraints. Epic!
Yeah, usually go in October for their Halloween event. It's safe to say it won't be AS quiet this year due to Shambhala opening, that's a given. From what I hear they're planning on a modified Halloween Event too, meaning it will be busier then usual, but still, it'll be far from heaving!

B&MintaminGCI

Roller Poster
Ampersand is complete! Thanks to jhona @ pafans.com

rollercoaster2012-200.jpg

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
That helix looks amazing! The top almost looks like it could be considered an inclined loop. And how tall is that thing anyway? It looks massive...