What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

tucoaster

Roller Poster
Found this on Facebook and then on pac
th720_Foto0002_1329482590.jpg

oriolat2

Giga Poster
And... surprise! Some of the supports for the return camelbacks next to DK are already up! Jeez, these people (RCS) are the masters are building FAST:

th720_DSC_0443_1329486854.JPG

th720_DSC_0442_1329486850.JPG

Hopefully, track assembly will be finished by mid-March. Any bets?

A nice view of the first array of elements, now fully up!

th720_DSC_0434_1329486828.JPG

Source: PA-Community.com

Martyn B

CF Legend
Kudos to those who keep on going to get all these great photo's, its unreal how thick and fast the updates keep coming. They deserve a pat on the back!

D1993

Hyper Poster
Another great B&M Hyper!
Although there is that one photo (the second one posted by oriolat2), that makes it look extremely messy.
The supports just look all over the place .....
I dont know if I really like it over DK .....
Seems like there's just too much going on ....
Kinda like what Skyrush is doing to Comet and the surrounding area.
Just feels like there is a little bit too much going on ........
Well anyways, I still think this will be one of the best rides of 2012

oriolat2

Giga Poster
PA-Community shot a video next to the construction site:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hCbzLzF458[/youtube]

Basically, they are finishing the lift hill (I assume that the chain will be installed soon), the station is progressing nicely (concrete has been poured on the rooftop) and you can also see the framework for the future control booth. That building next to the station will house the queueline (cattlepens anyone?) that will lead to the station (a bit like Khan's) through some kind of bridge/structure...

And somebody snapped a photo from the sea towars PA. Judge the skyline for yourselves:

GVBAs.jpg

Quality resolution

Source of video: PA-Community.com
Source of picture: tarrako from PA-Community.com

D1993

Hyper Poster
so good to see this going up so quickly!
With skyrush taking so long, I'm very happy this has shot right up!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Port Aventura is starting to remind me of Six Flags Mexico with how it's sitting up on a hill. You're driving through Mexico City and all of a sudden you pass a building and Superman is right in front of you on a hillside. This gives the same appearance. It's a hell of a vista.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
The ride looks awesome. Also loving the massive line of Wind Turbines along the hills in the background. Don't care what these NIMBY losers think, I love them :)

Lofty

CF Legend
My god. I actually want to SWIM out to Sea that far now so I can take that shot. I'm guessing that's been taken from the La Pineda beach area by the angle?

Bit of an update on PA's Official YT page:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywMwQ26uo_Y&feature=g-all-u&context=G25952cfFAAAAAAAAAAA[/youtube]

Not showing anything more complete, but showing shots of the tunnels and station building close up etc.

Rollercoasters4Life

Roller Poster
Some of the interesting things I took from the video are the pull-out from the turnaround element you can see how it is a nice sweeping tight turn into the speed hill. Also look at the sharpness of the turn into the first hill after the first drop - very nice

One thing to notice is it is a magnetic trim brake, its like the ones used on Leviathan rather than a mechanical one (one that physically touches the train)

Lofty

CF Legend
Plus, they won't make that noise that makes most Enthusiast's Penis invert (or Vagina hiccup if female).

418491_293613330705558_128159303917629_809240_165535002_n.jpg

A picture of the comparison of both drops. It get's me a little excited to be riding Khan again with added head choppers <3

Kebab

Giga Poster
th720_DSC_0421_1330004868.JPG

Helix is nearly complete, looks like it will be pretty intense!

Also, these photos are just lush:

th720_DSC_0412_1330004841.JPG

th720_DSC_0429_1329999651.JPG

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Picture from that angle... taken early in the autumn, an afternoon after a shower of rain... I think I have decided on my future desktop background.