What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

oriolat2

Giga Poster
-lofty- said:
I genuinely cannot wait to see the rest. Roll on next Sunday <3

Why wait? I am sure some fanboy will go to the park mid-week to see how construction is going on... ;)

Lofty

CF Legend
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpCstgUbyCw&feature=g-all-lik&context=G236be14FAAAAAAAABAA[/youtube]

As you can see, a lot of support work is happening at the site. Yay.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Shambhala already looks huge!

This is one coaster I really look forward to experience,
And I really like following the construction of Europe's new record breaker.

It's going to be the my first B&M Mega Coaster,
and I'm so glad we're getting the tallest B&M Mega ever build, in Europe.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
It's official, fourth support up!

th720_Foto0001_1327494398.jpg

th720_CSC_0282_1327498297.JPG

Only one more support and the lift wil be topped off! I can't believe how tall this is looking already... :)

Kebab

Giga Poster
I love how the support crosses over Dragon Khans drop.

rollercoaster2012-82.jpg

I can't help but imagine how big this is going to look, I must admit, Dragon Khan looks a lot larger when you're actually there than on photos, so Shambhala is going to look so much more impressive.

iblamefish

Roller Poster
Kebab said:

rollercoaster2012-82.jpg

I can't help but imagine how big this is going to look, I must admit, Dragon Khan looks a lot larger when you're actually there than on photos, so Shambhala is going to look so much more impressive.

WOW! I can't believe how big this is going to look. I remember seeing DK in real life and thinking it was insanely huge. This will be unbelievably tall!

Booked my plane tickets already for a trip out there in the summer.

Screen%20Shot%202012-01-26%20at%2000.54.51.png

That dive loop is pretty damn tall, and seeing that the helix will be as high, and definitely much faster is very exciting :D

Smithy

Strata Poster
Kebab said:

rollercoaster2012-82.jpg

THAT is the money shot I've been waiting for. All the other pictues almost showed the lift hills going up next to each other and I wasn't too keen on it, but that view is great.

Lofty

CF Legend
iblamefish said:
That dive loop is pretty damn tall, and seeing that the helix will be as high, and definitely much faster is very exciting :D

You do realise that's like HALF the Helix? It's the back-side of it, the actual highpoint will be the opposite side of the tallest support? I'm SURE that's what the layout model shown...

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Update: Shambhala's tallest support is being installed right now. Construction on Shambhala's first and tallest hill is also starting today... I am sure someone from PA-Community or PA-Fans will drop by the park to snap some pictures... :)

At this pace, RCS are going to finish the coaster by mid-March...

spicy

Giga Poster
Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

The support crosses over Khan? Didn't realise that!

God this looks awesome, now THAT'S what you call a coaster corner Alton.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Pictures:

th720_26_18_1327600561.PNG

The trough comes *scarely* close to Khan's lift. (Before you jump on me, I know it's completey safe and it's just the angle.)

th720_26_17_1327600541.PNG

Supports for the first airtime hill (?)

th720_26_13_1327599636.PNG

People inspecting what has already been assembled (Notice how massive the coaster looks next to those people <3)

th720_DSC00063_1327599429.JPG

Last support from the lift hill going up!

Smithy

Strata Poster
Is there not a chance it could drip oil from the chain down onto Khan/it's riders? [/PossibleIgnorance]

Lofty

CF Legend
Smithy said:
Is there not a chance it could drip oil from the chain down onto Khan/it's riders? [/PossibleIgnorance]

I suppose so. It could, but that's a problem everywhere for any coasters that interact with others, I suppose?

Also,

It's Spain, they don't care. Ha!