What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

Ok. I'll eat my hat. It has a Splash down </3

Also, the light brown will be where you can walk as in path ways etc? If so, look at the new views of Khan <3

Looks quite fabbb <3 Wish the ground were actually that lush grassy green in the model as opposed to the dusty ground that the coaster actually sits on </3

I just got that feel about Port Aventura on the whole. From afar it looks quite lush and beautiful and well themed. But on closer inspection is dusty, dirty, covered in gum and graffiti and in desperate need of a spruce up.

Same model, different angle:

th720_AjcuHWPCQAEQ7Cn_1326916024.jpglarge

Although this is a model and it is obviously off, how steep do you think the first drop will be? My bet, 75º.

When is this thing supposed to open? Seems as if they've got a ton of work to do before the 2012 season begins...

nadroJ said:
Looks quite fabbb <3 Wish the ground were actually that lush grassy green in the model as opposed to the dusty ground that the coaster actually sits on </3
I quite like the dusty ground, gives it character! Think it's because I'm fed up of riding above trees, grass and British dirt... Dusty ground just looks... Hot. cool)

Looks. Absolutely. Incredible.

But of course, why would us Brits care, our hyper coaster in beautiful Blackpool is obviously far better...

As construction goes on, so do the updates. Yesterday they were working on the helix (now you can see the top support). Today, focus is on the chaintrough (which has reached the first support) and on finishing the second support for the lift hill. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up putting the lift hill track up to the first column today since there is a 200 feet crane with three other minor cranes on that same spot... Now, onto the photos:

2001121.jpg

2001122.jpg

Supports for the first and third hills.

2001123.jpg

2001124.jpg

2001125.jpg

2001126.jpg

Source: PAFans.com

I haven't seen any coaster lift hill built like that; first the trough and THEN the track? WTF?

This is mere speculation but there are rumours pointing that the top sections of Khan's inversions (giant loop, diving loop and cobra roll) have not been painted because they could receive a "blending" treatment and be painted differently (i.e. melting snow) to fit in the area... Does Khan really need to pull a Dominator?

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

oriolat2 said:
This is mere speculation but there are rumours pointing that the top sections of Khan's inversions (giant loop, diving loop and cobra roll) have not been painted because they could receive a "blending" treatment and be painted differently (i.e. melting snow) to fit in the area... Does Khan really need to pull a Dominator?

Oh no. Please don't PA.

That sounds like it could look really naff. Then again..Everyone hate Shambhala's colours when announced, so could look good when seen together.

Upon a quick glance I thought the crane was the lift hill already in place and was about to comment on how steep it was. Lul.