What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

therealcoatman

Roller Poster
Wait... F.L.Y. has a lift hill? I thought I saw one in 2018 but when I realised it was gonna be launched I assumed that it was just a bit of track...

Someone explain please lmao I'm confused ?

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
Wait... F.L.Y. has a lift hill? I thought I saw one in 2018 but when I realised it was gonna be launched I assumed that it was just a bit of track...

Someone explain please lmao I'm confused ?

Well, it's simple. The station is on a lower level than the launch. So you need some elevation in between.

Louis Heyvaert

Roller Poster
True, the only thing we can do is waith now. How frustrating it is it won’t go faster by saying “i think it will be then” . Most of us are waiting more then 4 years now a few weeks/months must be doable.
I would give not even a sh*t at opening dates, which are not from the park....

therealcoatman

Roller Poster
Its the same booster wheel pre-lift that was used for the prototype tests at Vekoma. Brings the train to the correct level and is a part of this indoor dark ride section.
Well, it's simple. The station is on a lower level than the launch. So you need some elevation in between.

Oh, right... thanks guys ?

Didn't realise the station was underground and definitely didn't realise there was a dark ride section, thanks for the info... the bit I thought was a lift in 2018 must have just been part of the layout.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I have now managed to convert the pictures I took on Saturday so that I can upload them. I'll try the video again but I don't guarantee anything. The quality wouldn't be that good either.
20200908_211459-jpg.9694
Well the pavement looks stunning tbh

Last edited:

cocoa

Mega Poster
**** yeah, i love dark ride sections on coasters. you gotta build a good narrative and tension, otherwise the coaster starts off with the most exciting element and just gets slower and slower. i've been waiting for a good flying coaster dark ride forever