What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Before the Lifthill is a Part of the Ride too, i think there are 2? corners before you Come to the Lift
Yeah following the layout from the construction it does a 180° right turn out of the station along an underground room/tunnel, then turns 90° right up along the enclosed prelift - all in the sideways sitting position. Prelift ends with the turn into the flying position followed by the 1st launch. Am intrigued to see what the indoor scenes will bring.

Lifthiller

Roller Poster
The story telling could start already in the queue... just before the launch I guess its just time for some nice effects or the last part of the story (like Eftelings Baron (in front of the lifthill))

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
Yeah following the layout from the construction it does a 180° right turn out of the station along an underground room/tunnel, then turns 90° right up along the enclosed prelift - all in the sideways sitting position.

If I remember correctly the orientation of the trains is such that you look towards the outside of these turns, that is, in the direction of the wuze wall. Correct? Hence, I guess there's not plenty of space for placing a (traditional) dark ride scene there. Very curious to hear what they made out of it.

UP87

Mega Poster
Acronyms are using the first letters by definition. And acronyms don't use dots. Some definitions say that acronyms have to make up a speakable word. So... F.L.Y. isn't an acronym even though it could easily be one.

Oh... it's a joke... my bad... ?

Still curious what the Y actually stands for. The "Flying Launch" is basically a given - as long as it's not a sinister plot to make us think exactly that.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Ah yes, the F.L.Y acronym jokes. These seem to spring up every three to four months, so I imagine we'll be seeing them again around Christmas. If my calculations are correct, we'll be seeing a fresh wave of scheduling puns in early October with some wall jokes peppered in.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Ah yes, the F.L.Y acronym jokes. These seem to spring up every three to four months, so I imagine we'll be seeing them again around Christmas. If my calculations are correct, we'll be seeing a fresh wave of scheduling puns in early October with some wall jokes peppered in.

I've been building some wall jokes, but whenever I think they're done, I end up adding more to them.

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
Now I know why they are actually that fussy about giving away information about FLY. Given away the information must be the actual new attraction, see below.

*** NEW FOR FALL 2020 ***
Opening on September 17: The FLYtune teller's house!

Phantasialand employees tell you everything and more about their experience on FLY. Don't miss to hear about the awesome amount of detail and the gorgeous atmosphere inside Rookburgh. An immersive adventure you, oh sorry, they will never forget! Come to Phantasialand and visit the FLYtune teller's house!

OliverL.

Roller Poster
I was told that on Friday (11.09.2020) the media people are aloud to go in , and at the end of this month they will open Fly for , the normal people

OliverL.

Roller Poster
I mean, even if that is true, you've sort of just thrown him under the bus by posting this, haven't you? Can't imagine there are many staff who have worked there so long.
And now ? I don’t think so , maybe that’s your opinion.
It would be , if I posed something on here that is Top Secret but I did not , and instead of “crying” and being so Pessimistic all the time , just be positive for once.

Last edited:

Remco82

Roller Poster
I was told that on Friday (11.09.2020) the media people are aloud to go in , and at the end of this month they will open Fly for , the normal people

What do they mean by " Media"" ? if they are talking about fansites and clubs etc for friday they have gotten an invitation by now and yelled it on social meida tat they got an invitation..

Dar

Hyper Poster
What do they mean by " Media"" ? if they are talking about fansites and clubs etc for friday they have gotten an invitation by now and yelled it on social meida tat they got an invitation..

Unless they were told to keep it secret. If a post hits the internet phantasia will have banned the blogger and everybody that saw the post before you can say "that wall's not finished! Surely nobody values internet points more than the chance to actually, finally, go on the flipping thing!