What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

schmaxey

Roller Poster
Easily. I can recall the images of the first weeks/months of the Klugheim opening. People were also standing from the swing-carouse/Kaiserplatzl to the Mexico/Klugheim entrance.

JammyH

Hyper Poster
You're serious? This is supposed to be the queue, just for entering the area? :oops:

The main issue is that it’s going to block up the whole of the Berlin pathways and probably make the whole area unbearably overcrowded if you are just wanting to walk through Berlin or sit down to stop for a snack or a drink.

JammyH

Hyper Poster
Seriously?

It makes much more logistical sense in terms of managing crowds. You either have a massive long line of people blocking up the whole of the Berlin Main Street, where the front entrance of the park is located for all day guests taking the shuttle bus or a taxi, or you have people queueing up through fantasy, a more remote area of the park which has far less footfall and is less popular for visitors?

With corona restrictions in my head it makes more sense for people to enter through the fantasy gate, I appreciate the main entrance sign is on the Berlin street though and that’s probably where they’ve designed the main entrance to be; but just for me it makes sense the other way round in terms of coronavirus restrictions.

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
Easily. I can recall the images of the first weeks/months of the Klugheim opening. People were also standing from the swing-carouse/Kaiserplatzl to the Mexico/Klugheim entrance.

I see. However, this was main holiday season. On the other hand, queue lines are blown up due to distancing these days. Could roughly equal out.

Anyway, I think long queuing all the way through Berlin would really take away from the atmosphere there. What I don't understand: if the handling of large crowds is expected to be an issue, why the hell are they selling out their tickets for such low prices (I see it going down to 28 Euros in October and even down to 21 Euro for some time in November and even during the weekends in September/October it's still not the full price)?

JammyH

Hyper Poster
I see. However, this was main holiday season. On the other hand, queue lines are blown up due to distancing these days. Could roughly equal out.

Anyway, I think long queuing all the way through Berlin would really take away from the atmosphere there. What I don't understand: if the handling of large crowds is expected to be an issue, why the hell are they selling out their tickets for such low prices (I see it going down to 28 Euros in October and even down to 21 Euro for some time in November and even during the weekends in September/October it's still not the full price)?

It’s going to be a lot quieter, corona cases will likely go up into the winter, meaning less people will want to go into a busy public place, travel restrictions from other countries restricts international or potentially regional visitors. Discounted tickets offers an incentive for locals to come to the park and increase the footfall for increased sales of food, drinks and merchandise.

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
Yeah, let's hope that the Rookburgh queue is not needed in full length that often. I love Phantasialand, but I really don't like when it's over-crowded. There's simply too little space for compensation.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
I can see the reasoning for Berlin - its the main and most impressive entry point (emerging from that tunnel into the middle of Rookburgh), and Kaiserplatz gives them much more space to hold more guests. I imagine like Europa Park have for Piraten in Batavia it will be roped off and controlled with staff positioned along to stop it occasionally to keep the normal pathways free and keep an eye on distancing.

what is on the other side?
http://instagr.am/p/CEzc22Zh0CQ/