What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

Dar

Hyper Poster
Don’t you think this could just be to stop people taking photos of the staff riding during the previews on Monday? It just seems like a piece of manufactured board to me, doesn’t look permanent and something that could potentially be removed once the staff previews are over. I imagine they just don’t want photos circulating of the staff riding the coaster before the area is open to the public...

I think it's staying, if only to maintain the immersion. I can't think of another ride where you can see the road from on-ride?

roff

Roller Poster
It just seems like a piece of manufactured board to me, doesn’t look permanent and something that could potentially be removed once the staff previews are over. I imagine they just don’t want photos circulating of the staff riding the coaster before the area is open to the public...

It's the same corten steel that was used on the rest of the wall, just in a different state or rust since it is newer.

30E7BF30-5734-404D-9E03-366B791DA436.jpeg

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
love it!
Source: Seeking the thrill whatsapp

Thanks for sharing that one. Now the big question is still: What comes on top of the towers on both sides?

I was always thinking about some zeppelins, balloons, some big vessels or stuff like this. But maybe it's something very different, like an arc-like structure that is actually connecting the two (perhaps made of that steel framework they use inside). Esthetically it could make sense, I think.

Any other ideas?

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Original source
http://instagr.am/p/CExMTaThmy9/
Lighting design tests continue including going mad with different colours. (6th in this post is a video) http://instagr.am/p/CExM7vbhjnV/
Also reported on Phantafriends the area audio design is being tested with the sound track playing and audio effects of steam engines, machinery and a steam train engine whistle (presumably the one on the 1st launch bridge as theming).
Its definitely all coming together... the FLYPE is starting to get real

Now the big question is still: What comes on top of the towers on both sides?

I was always thinking about some zeppelins, balloons, some big vessels or stuff like this. But maybe it's something very different, like an arc-like structure that is actually connecting the two (perhaps made of that steel framework they use inside). Esthetically it could make sense, I think.

Any other ideas?
Small chimney like parts/covers were attached on top of both in the last week or so. Presumably that will be it and they are done. imo any big object like a zeppelin or balloon would look quite forced/out of place perched either side there.

http://instagr.am/p/CExTvWqqlBV/

Last edited:

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
Small chimney like parts/covers were attached on top of both in the last week or so. Presumably that will be it and they are done. imo any big object like a zeppelin or balloon would look quite forced/out of place perched either side there.

Oh, you mean these little spikes on top of the poles are actually for decoration and the poles are supposed to stay visible like this? I don't know... ?No, I'd be very much surprised if that's the way they wanted it to look like. Couldn't these spikes be some mounting for something yet to come?

JammyH

Hyper Poster
I’m guessing the wall is done now, staff previews in less than 48 hours and they don’t *tend* to do construction work on a Sunday. Just general tidying up and clearing up the area on Monday before the preview and then it’s ready to go I think...

Seeing as we haven’t had an announcement yet I think we will either get one on Tuesday 8th September or Friday 18th September.

I will say though I’m not a big fan of the “chimneys” on either side of the top of the wall though, they don’t blend in very well with the rest of it, and the new piece of Corten steel looks very out of place so let’s hope it blends in sooner rather than later.

Dar

Hyper Poster
I can honestly see there being a rusted steel arch going over top, it looks bare as it is.

I would guess they've left it to the last minute to avoid having to lift stuff over the extra height. There might be some materials or equipment that needs lifting out, so they could be waiting for that before completing the front. It doesn't need to be "finished finished" for the staff previews, especially if they're not allowed to take any photos.

Last edited:

UP87

Mega Poster
But isn´t it late that they are planning such things now?
I think this was on regulating the flow of people. Of course it‘d be by far too late if it was about the normal situation. This was done in planning. But the area was not designed with Covid in mind. Especially with a new area that will be the most interesting part of the park for all visitors right after opening they have to think about this. They‘ll for sure use the staff opening to test things in this regard and check if everything works as planned.