What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
. Also having masks on roller coasters is pointless as it is going to fall off. Has anyone ever finished a ride on Taron with the mask still over their face and not on the chin?
Yes. Many rides, each time stayed on just fine. Same for all the coasters there, in Movie Park, Tripsdrill and Europa Park too.
Look we are way too many months into this ****e for people still to be whining over masks, just stop.

Ethan

Strata Poster
He has even put “incredible” in the title, so be sure to neck your first shot before you press play. Probably best not to watch before operating heavy machinery

Omfg

Also I think we should coin the term "Sanbrooking" which is when you are impressed by anything and everything. Pretty sure Phantasialand could have put a kebab van and a 7up vending machine in Rookburgh and Shawn would have been absolutely floored, wig snatched and all.

operateur

Roller Poster
Yes. Many rides, each time stayed on just fine. Same for all the coasters there, in Movie Park, Tripsdrill and Europa Park too.
Look we are way too many months into this ****e for people still to be whining over masks, just stop.
Yes indeed

There is zero reason or excuse to whine about or not wear a mask, on coasters or anywhere else. The death count of COVID19 just hit 1 million.
From personal experience masks go a long way to protect others and yourself. If a mask is the only thing you must do to save lives I don't see the issue.

edit:
Ofc I don't mean a mask is the only think you must do in general

timko85

Roller Poster
And last but not least: MASKS SUCK! They really take away a (huge) part of the enjoyment.
Fortunately i got away with wearing it over my mouth only in the que and during the ride. Nobody cares.
I only had to choke myself when there was staff nearby.
Anyone who seriously thinks that Corona poses a threat to his live, and still visits a themepark with thousands of people close together should check his mental health.
If you really believe that corona is a risc: Stay at home for 2 years...

Or you just stay at home if you don't want to follow the rules and want to endanger other guests. It's a shame you weren't kicked out of the park. I hope that happens on your next visit.

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster
If you want a wander around the room/hotel without Shawn, this was OK (no "commentary")

Really impressive. The rooms are small / tiny! but really well themed. The lack of a double bed for couples is perhaps a bit weird.
The views from the balconies are probably the best for Fly. I think that's the first time I've been able to see the launch clearly.

Torpaalle

Roller Poster
Not all. Kolmården is open and it has by far the best social distancing I have seen in a park. They have limited capacity to half, they only book half of the hotel, people keep their distance, there is staff everywhere to enforce the distance, they have put up screens in queues, they close the queues whenever lines get long and only load every other row on Wildfire. Phantasialand was pure chaos when it came to social distancing as everything was exactly as normal. They just use the excuse that "wear your mask and dont care about distancing". It dosnt really work that way. Also having masks on roller coasters is pointless as it is going to fall off. Has anyone ever finished a ride on Taron with the mask still over their face and not on the chin? They really need to reduce capacity, close rows and put up screens in queue lines! Those cattle pens are really dangerous.
Yes. Kolmården is the only place i Sweden you can ride a roller coaster. It is only Wildfire that is open. We have this "maximum 50 persons" law that stops amusementparks from having more than 50 persons. Due to Kolmården is a zoo, this law does not apply to them. But it aplies to Wildfire. Så they can have that one open with a maximum cap of 50 persons inside the attraktion area. I have been att both Phantasialand and Hansapark and Kolmården this summer. Phantasialand was total caos. A lot of people and hardly no distance at all in the quenes. But they were hard with mask policy. Hansapark on the other hand was the quite oposite. There they forced distancing and mask. But also forced hand sanitizer both before entering rides and when leaving rides. Also Kolmården was good with distancing and capacity.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Omfg

Also I think we should coin the term "Sanbrooking" which is when you are impressed by anything and everything. Pretty sure Phantasialand could have put a kebab van and a 7up vending machine in Rookburgh and Shawn would have been absolutely floored, wig snatched and all.
Haha, yes indeed.

As much as I “throw shade” at TPW, I do seem to keep watching the videos. Despite being trite and grating in isolation, it does provide balance to the more cynical and overzealous side of the community, so it has its place. Shawn and Alex do make a very watchable pair, but I doubt Alex will be back unfortunately.

I do wish it had a bit more grit though. I find some of it nauseatingly twee (that ****ing bookworm). Maybe I should start my own channel, full of partial nudity and violence, in competition.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Sat in Uhrwerk, eating steak burger, (the medium is basically like a blue back home, be warned, it quite literally was not grilled on one side... But it tastes great, blood and all)

To be fair to Shawn... When it comes to Rookburgh, he has a point!!!!
Is it incredible?

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Having spent the last 2 days wandering in and out of Rookburgh as and when we please, straight past the huge queues just to enter the area, I am happy to confirm that I definitely feel the CL cabins are good value, even without the extras, just having unlimited, unhindered, instant access to Rookburgh is a huge bonus compared to what other guests experience.

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster
As was pointed out Disney must be mad not to completely scrap rock n roller at Disney Paris and replace it with one of these. This is the perfect coaster surely for Iron Man.

Matt N

CF Legend
Having spent the last 2 days wandering in and out of Rookburgh as and when we please, straight past the huge queues just to enter the area, I am happy to confirm that I definitely feel the CL cabins are good value, even without the extras, just having unlimited, unhindered, instant access to Rookburgh is a huge bonus compared to what other guests experience.
What were your thoughts on FLY, if you wouldn’t mind sharing?

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
What were your thoughts on FLY, if you wouldn’t mind sharing?
It’s great.

Nobody should go into it expecting it to top Taron or break any lists purely on the coaster itself. It’s a flying coaster, and as ground breaking as it is, it’s still a flying coaster. I thought my first ride (a.m) was very slow, however that day it also rolled back shortly after my ride. Every ride since it came back up, both yesterday and today, have felt fairly quick.

It’s much more forceful than Galactica, but only in bursts, and comfortable with it. There are some pops of airtime, my favourite being the top of the second launch, however it doesn’t seem to deliver that every time, still trying to work out the variables and exactly why.

The near misses are really what make the ride, and soaring directly above the crowds with nothing to separate you from the people below, weaving around the hotel, through tunnels and barely missing the various theming elements.

Vekoma have done an incredible job with this system. The loading, transitioning and unloading system is incredibly smooth and comfortable. The ride itself is both floaty and forceful in places, so a great balance of smooth flight and extreme evasive manoeuvres. The seats, restraints, everything just work for me.

Tl;dr ‘Amazing’ ride... Won’t break anybody’s top ten though... Rookburgh itself is a whole different story... World class!