What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

Ralf

Roller Poster
Haha funny. More important is that the launch is not going to happen if the rotation of any seat is not done (and locked) but as this is not an security issue.. why not.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Even though there is no pretzel loop probably due to lack of space, I've always wondered why there are no flyers with a "pretzel corkscrew" if that makes sense.
...Start at the top, half corkscew down onto your back at the low point then half corkscrew back up into the flying position.

Firehawk almost does it, but they aren't very tall.

anas

Roller Poster
From now on, they open F.L.Y. at 10.30 am. (park opens at 10). So, I would assume it is pretty much a "normal" opening now.

Adventurer

Roller Poster
I Visited Phantasialand yesterday.

Rookburgh looks just AMAZING!
FLY really looks massive, as it is integrated in the entire area. It looks way bigger than Taron.

I do not really like the music in the area. It's to loud an short and it does not have the variation like Taron has.

About Fly Itself:
To me it hasn't the wow factor as Taron.
It's my first Flyer so i have no comparison. It has some kind-of intense elements. The launches are weak.
I now know why a flyer design has limits for its intensity because your basically crushing your chest half of the time.
I wished that there would be more elements where you would be forced back in your seat.
And also more skydive like elements. There are only a few zero G spots. But they are fun.
Well i suppose it's designed as a family thrill ride, and it does it job as such.
It is a very enjoyable ride. It's very smooth and the sit to fly transition works great.

The shoulder restraints are a bit of uncomfortable. They hurted a little bit on my collar bone.
I wished the restraints were moved a little bit more outwards, towards the shoulders. That would have solved it.

Yesterday was a very quiet day. From 2 pm or so there was no waiting time to enter Rookburgh.
Waiting time for Fly was never longer than 20-40 minutes.

There was almost no waiting time at the end at the day. I could basically just walk to the luggage deposits an then wait 5 minutes.
It took me 17 minutes from entering the que, to being out again.
The Que is extremely long! It's an about 6-7 minute walk when it's empty!

But why did they have to incorporate the terrible security check with the detectors. Everybody thinks that it's the worst part of flying.
And now it's for our amusement?

I was wearing a belt with a big metal thing, so was taken out every time, spreading my arms like a criminal, opening my jacket. It's horrible!
One time i had to throw away my 1 gram dental floss package which was left in my pocket once.

The maximum capacity with a train every 80 seconds is about 900/ hour, so not really that much.
But since there is no single rider at the moment, its about 750 / hour.

All in all, Fly is an great ride, a great expansion of Phantasialand, and definitely places Vekoma at the level of B&M and Intamin.
I really hope that Vekoma now gets more chances to build the really big (hyper) rides.

And last but not least: MASKS SUCK! They really take away a (huge) part of the enjoyment.

Fortunately i got away with wearing it over my mouth only in the que and during the ride. Nobody cares.
I only had to choke myself when there was staff nearby.

Coasterbitch

Roller Poster
And last but not least: MASKS SUCK! They really take away a (huge) part of the enjoyment.

Fortunately i got away with wearing it over my mouth only in the que and during the ride. Nobody cares.
I only had to choke myself when there was staff nearby.

I'm so depressed about the fact that some st**id people like you still dont get it. YOU ARE RUDE! When you only wear it over your mouth then dont wear it anyway. Get Covid-19 and see why the most of the people are wearing it right - over mouth AND nose! When you dont want to wear it in themeparks, then stay home and watch Netflix and don't take all of us in the risc of an infection!

Adventurer

Roller Poster
I'm so depressed about the fact that some st**id people like you still dont get it. YOU ARE RUDE! When you only wear it over your mouth then dont wear it anyway. Get Covid-19 and see why the most of the people are wearing it right - over mouth AND nose! When you dont want to wear it in themeparks, then stay home and watch Netflix and don't take all of us in the risc of an infection!

EDIT: Edited to remove inappropriate language and warning issued. Hixee

Anyone who seriously thinks that Corona poses a threat to his live, and still visits a themepark with thousands of people close together should check his mental health.

If you really believe that corona is a risc: Stay at home for 2 years and wait for the vaccine.
Makes the que's shorter for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

KrassesMoped

Roller Poster

Anyone who seriously thinks that Corona poses a threat to his live, and still visits a themepark with thousands of people close together should check his mental health.

If you really believe that corona is a risc: Stay at home for 2 years and wait for the vaccine.

207zkz.jpg

Torpaalle

Roller Poster

You are rude. You should be happy that even some amusementpark are open. In Sweden all park are closed. And Phantasialand would probably not be open if we did not have face masks and distancing. So please respect the rules and be happy that you can visit a theme park in this hard times.

Last edited:

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
^Don't want to drag out another pointless conversation god knows this thread has had enough of them. But yes having done many parks this season mask wearing hasn't bothered me one bit or ruined anything.

And as someone who works in a theme park yes - if it wasn't for these rules we wouldn't be open. People wouldn't have work or everyone else be able to enjoy visits. Get over it. It's necessary. Its not a big deal. Its pointless to complain - the world is how it is.

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster
Good for Phantasialand and its visitors that they even opened this ride and the hotel this year. We've seen other parks delay the opening of new rides and areas till next year.

I wonder what the park will have up its sleeve next and if we will see another major sized area converted like this again in 5 years or so. Really think the Taron and Fly coasters have been world class inspiring projects albeit both very costly obviously. Phantasialand is easily my favourite park now. Can't wait to try Fly. I know I'm going to appreciate it even if it isn't that intense.

I can only think that the Crazy Bats / Movie ride building with some modification may lend itself to a new coaster. Perhaps an Intamin family double launch coaster. It could be snow/polar themed (at night) with snowmobiles for coaster trains to create quite a different type of magical area.

Other than that obvious area, is the park even allowed to build towards the east into the car park areas?

Last edited:

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Other than that obvious area, is the park even allowed to build towards the east into the car park areas?
No. The car parks are privately owned.

China's modernisation has been long discussed and is almost certainly the next project imo. Likely due to the investment the area has received in recent years and to avoid blocking key guest routes and the hotel (plus there really isn't anything wrong with the area visually) the main square will stay intact. The street between it and Colorado is likely to be the focus (replacing Geister Rikscha, the food outlets there and making use of the unused remnant of the Silbermine hall behind those food outlets) and a renovation of Feng Ju Palace.

Additionally since construction access could really only come from that back pathway there; Colorado Adventure likely gets a new and improved rerouted queue and entrance (leaving the old queue space to extend Geister's plot for a larger new dark ride? Plus potentially Colorado gets some love/new theming?) Who knows the details but a transformation around those keys elements is what I expect.
A break from the "totally demolish something and build a whole new world in its place" style of project the last few have been.

When that all begins though who knows, its certainly less physical construction work than Rookburgh so unlikely to need such a long time scale - plus corona now likely will postpone major works (I'd certainly be surprised if Geister Rikscha closes already this January now. Probably January 2022.) And let's not start with the when will it open question either... ?

Also somehow, somewhere and somewhen (since this whole park expansion fight continues) a new theatre for Fantissima will have to pop up sooner or later so allow them after China 2.0 to finally, as has been long foretold by the prophets, demolish the Crazy Bats/Hollywood Tour complex.

Christian

Hyper Poster
You are rude. You should be happy that even some amusementpark are open. In Sweden all park are closed. And Phantasialand would probably not be open if we did not have face masks and distancing. So please respect the rules and be happy that you can visit a theme park in this hard times.

Not all. Kolmården is open and it has by far the best social distancing I have seen in a park. They have limited capacity to half, they only book half of the hotel, people keep their distance, there is staff everywhere to enforce the distance, they have put up screens in queues, they close the queues whenever lines get long and only load every other row on Wildfire. Phantasialand was pure chaos when it came to social distancing as everything was exactly as normal. They just use the excuse that "wear your mask and dont care about distancing". It dosnt really work that way. Also having masks on roller coasters is pointless as it is going to fall off. Has anyone ever finished a ride on Taron with the mask still over their face and not on the chin? They really need to reduce capacity, close rows and put up screens in queue lines! Those cattle pens are really dangerous.

Last edited:

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
TPW has a tour of the rooms and the hotel which is going to be pretty interesting for all you details people.

He has even put “incredible” in the title, so be sure to neck your first shot before you press play. Probably best not to watch before operating heavy machinery.

That new logo though ?