What's new

Parque Warner Madrid | Gotham City Escape | Intamin Launch Coaster | 2023

Niles

Giga Poster
An update on the coaster.

Netting has started to go up around the coasters layout.
1.jpg2.jpg
3.jpg4.jpg

A picture of the second launch.
5.jpg

An overview shot of the coaster, gravel has started to be added under the launch sections and in trenches.
6.jpg7.jpg

Theming work continues with Harley Quinn being added just before the station.
8.jpg

Finally the park shared an image of the station wall, obras_pw & coasterlegends have made a render of the station.
11.jpg10.jpg
9.jpg

This coaster is looking great and I like how much work they are putting into theming, really hope all goes to plan and I get to ride it next year.

Source, Source, Source & Source Via Link

Last edited:

JFranks

Mega Poster
According to Jerez Coaster Adventures, a well-known YouTuber in the Spanish community, trains have arrived at the park. And he also goes on to confirm that it will have onboard audio, onride video recording so that you can buy it, and seats like Velocicoaster where your fit doesn't touch the floor, unlike Kondaa. Also, tests are imminent and Sally did a part of the experience (we don't really know what exactly yet). All these things sound great and I can't wait any more to see the final product.
Source:

JFranks

Mega Poster
The seats look so far off the ground! Loving the batman logo & onboard audio
That looks wild, your fit won't touch the floor and the shape of the restrains´ metal part is pretty cool and slightly different from what we are used to. Also onboard audio on your head and in between all the seats! Can't tell if there are lights but I´m sure the front and back will at least have.

The_bullgod

Mega Poster
The answer is almost always dynamics. The park probably wanted a more dynamic ride experience and you have to go shorter to do that.
I understand your dynamics story. But why would you upgrade that, and divide capacity by almost 2?

Indy

Hyper Poster
I understand your dynamics story. But why would you upgrade that, and divide capacity by almost 2?
They are trying to provide a specific experience for their guests. And they might not be affecting overall capacity that much. The ride really isn't that long and it has several blocks, so shorter trains provide an opportunity to dispatch a higher number of trains in a quicker manner. It's not too dissimilar to Maverick which is still one of the most popular coasters in the world.

cocoa

Mega Poster
I suppose if you have a longer station platform which allows you to unload/load multiple trains at once, it might not be too bad. I'd guess intamin know what they're doing in this respect, although IDK how much I trust parque warner to be efficient (I really don't know, maybe they're good, never been lol. but when I imagine spain, i don't think about efficiency first and foremost 😆 )

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
The ride really isn't that long and it has several blocks, so shorter trains provide an opportunity to dispatch a higher number of trains in a quicker manner.
Yea but the caveat to this is that the layout ends with the train on a spike and turntable, which means that they theoretically can't dispatch the next train until the previous is completely off of the circuit.

Indy

Hyper Poster
Yea but the caveat to this is that the layout ends with the train on a spike and turntable, which means that they theoretically can't dispatch the next train until the previous is completely off of the circuit.
That's not really true though. Each of those launches act as blocks as does the brake/turntable. A train should be cleared to dispatch by the time the train in front of it clears at least the third launch. You could have train 1 going through the stall and launch train 2 behind it from the first launch track because you have both the second launch before the top hat and the third launch before the stall to halt train 2 should train 1 not clear the turntable in time.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Theoretically, you could launch Train 1 from Launch 1 (is there a confirmed show scene here?) and through Launch 2 while Train 2 is doing it's braking swing & is on the turntable, but the turntable must be reset before Train 1 hits Launch 3, otherwise the Train 1 will stack & operations get interrupted. Absolutely feels like this ride should have been 2, 4-car trains. The spacing of the launches & length of block sections seems like it doesn't give a lot of wiggle room for even the slightest deviation from ideal operations.

JFranks

Mega Poster
I believe it will work like this:
-When train 1 clears launch 2 which is rather quickly, train 2 will be clear for dispatch and while it does the preshow train 3 will be loading, and train 1 will be finishing and doing the turn table thingy.
-By the time train 2 arrives at the 3rd launch the turn table should have had more than enough time to do everything, and train 3 will be clear to dispatch so that train 1 is able to load again without having to wait too much.

I believe there will be space for a waiting train outside of the turntable so if it happens that the loading operations get halted, the last train will get stopped in the turntable so that the experience is never interrupted.
IDK if I explained myself well but for me it makes sense.

JFranks

Mega Poster
Some updates:
image1.png
image2.png
source: @deivid_jerez on Instagram.
1676494016132.png
1676494045242.png
source: LaMarDeParques user rubylor (https://lamardeparques.es/foro/viewtopic.php?t=66921&start=3698)

Personally, I love the park-styled theming and all the interactions of the coaster with the paths. looking forward to seeing the final result and advancements the 24th.